One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

9x13 "One Tree Hill" Episode Discussion

How would you rate the last episode ever?

that70sshow2000

[81]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 15
    http://m.hollywoodlife.com/2012/04/03/one-tree-hill-series-finale-spoilers-wedding-mark-schwahn-interview/

Good mark interview.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[82]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    Yeah, it was pretty good, thanks. I guess I was hoping for them to address the LP issue but I guess that was too much to hope for lol

that70sshow2000

[83]Apr 4, 2012
    Who knows he didn't address Keith being in 911...

stellarchick86

[84]Apr 4, 2012
    ^Ah yeah, very good point. Or even CMM coming back.

tvaddict_14

[85]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 10
    I'm so sad that this show is ending. I didn't realize how much impact this show had on me as a person, especially when I was in high school. I began watching the show when I was in 8th grade and it was such an inspiration and really helped me out through high school. The voiceovers and even the characters had such great wisdom. Thats one of my favorite things about this show, every episode has amazing advice. And it's delivered in a non-cheesy way. And it was always a fun show, never boring.

I think it's safe to say that OTH is my favorite show of all time and the best show that CW has/had. I agree that the high school seasons were the best but even with the year-jump the show is still One Tree Hill. The tone of the show never changed and everything about it that we loved was still there minus the high school drama.

I was a HUGE Peyton and Lucas fan so it sucks that they aren't there anymore but the show is still amazing.

There is and forever will be only One Tree Hill!

TreeHill_89

[86]Apr 4, 2012
    The finale is this evening!! Can't believe it it's so sad (

Justlikeheaven_

[87]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 33

Omg! It is starting to hit me now. I can't believe the series finale is tonight!! I SERIOUSLY need to prepare myself for the tears!

tvaddict_14 wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that OTH is my favorite show of all time and the best show that CW has/had. I agree that the high school seasons were the best but even with the year-jump the show is still One Tree Hill. The tone of the show never changed and everything about it that we loved was still there minus the high school drama.

There is and forever will be only One Tree Hill!

I agree with you. As many shows as the CW continues to add to their network, there will never be another One tree hill, and there will never be another show that i will love as much as I love one tree hill. It's weird to say, but it's true. Before OTH came along, none of the shows i watched made me act the way i have with OTH for the past 9 seasons. I am going to miss it so much

Edited on 04/04/2012 6:38am

txgirl75

[88]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 23
    I'm kind of dissapointed i was hoping for an episode so far it's just flashbacks. I guess interviews.

stellarchick86

[89]Apr 4, 2012
    ^Huh? It's a 2-hour series event. The first half of it, which lasts an hour, are cast interviews. The 2nd half, which is another hour, is the actual finale. If thats not what you mean then I dont know.
    Edited on 04/04/2012 5:36pm

that70sshow2000

[90]Apr 4, 2012
    What timezones you foos in, I still got an hour.

txgirl75

[91]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 23
    I watched the second half i was glad it was the episode and I loved it i really did. follow your heart and your dreams.

bronbrons27

[93]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    Cannot believe it's over....

I re-watched the finale again tonight and I still say it is definitely one of my favourite episodes of the series. Anything that I didn't like was really just minor stuff.

Things I really liked:

- Voiceovers and flashbacks at the beginning and the end
    - References to Tric opening night (Haley/Brooke and Mouth)
    - Haley, Chris and Gavin Degraw singing at Tric
    - Haley/Chris and Nathan/Chris scenes, loved that Nathan got Chris his guitar back - "You named your guitar after my wife?" hahaha.
    - Bevin returning
    - Chris's beard - he was laying low from the killers? Hahaha
    - "But you're already my dad, dad" - sooo cute. Loved the Clay/Quinn/Logan family scenes
    - Brooke making Baker man just across the street
    - Naley dinner scene was just adorable
    - Another Naley rain kiss!! I was so happy about that.
    - Haley showing Jamie her predictions box on the roof
    - I'm happy that Chuck didn't have any talking scenes
    - Loved that Mouth mentioned Jimmy and Keith on his sports show
    - Chase and Chris scenes with the twins were funny, but also a bit pointless
    - Loved the scene with everyone in the cafe, towards the end of the episode
    - Loved the flashforward, although they could have made more of an effort to make some of the actors look older.

Overall, I did absolutely love the episode, except for a few minor things, like:

- I thought Logan calling Quinn "mom" so fast was a bit unrealistic, but it was cute
    - I wish Alex had come back for the finale, even for just the flashforward, so that Alex and Chase could have ended up together
    - They could have done a bit more with Skills/Bevin, like make them kiss or something
    - It took Mouth and Millie almost another 5 years to get pregnant?? I think Millie should have found out in the finale (before the time jump) that she was pregnant instead, and then they could just have had a little four year old boy/girl in the flashforward.
    - Wish that Lucas and Peyton had been mentioned a bit more
    - I think that Nathan and Haley's final voiceovers should have been switched, so Nathan could have the final one
    - I wish we could have seen older Jamie's face as well. I also find it a bit unrealistic that Jamie actually managed to beat Nathan. A large part of the reason why Nathan was so good was because Dan pushed him so much, and Nathan would obviously not have pushed Jamie in the same way, so meh, it's cool that Jamie is now the leading scorer, but I just find it a bit unrealistic.

I also realized during the episode that we didn't see Madison at all this season. Not that I'm complaining at all, it's just that last season they were setting her up to be like a Peyton or a Haley to Jamie, so it's weird that they didn't have Jamie mention her at all this season.

Again, amazing episode, very very close to 10/10! Still cannot believe it's over now...

luv2live

[94]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 14
    Nine years, wow, I can't believe its been that long. Between this website and its predecessor, I've been lurking around these boards for 9 years. Wow.
    Part of me was sad to see the show come to an end, the other part of me happy. It was time, maybe past time. In some regards I think Mark did an amazing job of wrapping it up and giving the fans a wonderful ending. In other regards, I feel he dropped the ball a bit.

I loved Gavin Degraw singing again, I've missed him at the beginning of the show.
    I loved the cracker jack moment between Nathan and Haley.
    The memory flashbacks of Mouth, Brooke, Haley, Nathan and Chris were outstanding, a throwback to the days when they were younger, reminding us what they used to be and what they've gone through to get where they are.
    It was sweet that Quinn and Clay had a happy ending, with a bit of Bevin thrown in.
    Loved loved the way Mouth spoke about Jimmy and Keith, truly remembering how far he's come and the friends he'd had along the way.
    Loved the Julius Cesar book that Haley returned to Karen's Cafe.
    Loved how Karen's Cafe was the gathering place for them all. The girl behind the red door (though I do find it a bit strange that Brooke went back there. I understand the sentiment but I felt like it would have been her moving backwards.)

Other areas I wasn't as happy with.
    I wished there had been more recognition of Peyton and Lucas. Even though they weren't in the last episode they were an important part of not only the show but important people to the fans.
    I really wanted to see The Winter of Our Discontent appear at Karen's Cafe as well. Just a small memento of Brook and Lucas. I wish when Brooke had her flashback and was cheering they would have shown Peyton. Their friendship was so pivotal to the storyline of the show and yet it was basically ignored except for Brooke wandering into the set of her room. Yet no memories or flashbacks were shown.
    I find it a bit unbelievable that Jamie broke Nathan's record, just like bronbron mentioned above. Dan, good or bad, had a lot to do with Nathan getting as far as he did. And what ever happened to Jamie's obsession with baseball?
    I also agree with bronbron about Logan calling Quinn mom way too soon. Personally, I thought it was a bit disrespectful. If they wanted to convey that emotion, why not go with mommy quinn or something like that.
    I guess biggest disappointment was how neither Lucas or Peyton were mentioned. I wanted that closure. I mean Julian is filming a show about Lucas' book and their life but he's placed himself into the show (which I'm not a fan of) yet these two people who were such a part of the core group were ignored.

It was an amazing show, and I still love rewatching the earlier seasons, watching the group of teenagers struggle to figure out who they are and the type of friends and adults they wanted to become; making mistakes and hurting eachothers hearts along the way. I will always remember this show fondly and smile whenever something makes me think of it.

stellarchick86

[95]Apr 4, 2012

Love the beginning scenes with all of the looking back at their former selves. The positive is that s8's finale didn't do that, the negative is that I think s2's finale did and it just seemed a little repetitive

The CK/Chase stuff was funny. It was a little filler for a finale but at the same time good since this season has been so dark. Love the CK/Haley scene, even if it seemed contrived that Haley hadn't said thank you to him previously because Tyler Hilton had some performances to do so he was MIA in the past few episodes

Love the Brulian/Peyton's bedroom scene. It's nice to see how far Brooke has come yet with Julian by her side

Felix shout-out! haha You're right, Mouth, he doesn't matter lol

LOVE the C/Q/L scene. He is just so adorable and I love Clay with him. Though it kind of seems more like a big brother situation than a father but that's alright lol

Love that Nathan/CK got closure. Nathan buying him his guitar hehe

Love Tyler Hilton and singing in the crowd. I wasn't really a big fan of his music but I do like that song!

Love that Brooke got her big Bakerman scene with her parents around though it kind of would've meant more if her parents were around for her rather than because they were screwing each other lol

Seems kind of contrived to let Jamie be at the rivercourt by himself at night with everything that has gone on in the past. My mom would not let me, even at 9-10, to do that and I haven't faced kidnappers and psychos and whatever else. But I did enjoy their scene together

Ahh Bevin!! I guess they really tried to make Quinn younger than she was supposed to be then if they went to the same high school at the same time and Taylor was a senior when Haley was a freshman. Okay that scene of Quinn/Logan/Clay was freakin A-DORABLE! And Shantel did really great during that 'Mom, are you coming?' scene. Mini banana cream pies for each table? LOL I love that they eloped though because they were both married before so it doesn't really mean as much anymore to have a big wedding plus its nice to see one couple elope that isn't the main 3 couples lol

OMG CK/Chase acting like high schoolers with the twins lol. OMG at Chris running! LOL. Why does this show assume that anytime a girl wants to watch a movie it's 'The Notebook'? Especially when it's like 8 years later or something LOL

Aww at the Brooke/Haley scene! Love it. Love that they can look after each other now through more attackers, kidnappers and crazy nannies LOL

Love that Haley is signing CK on, but I'm surprised she didn't do it sooner, sort of like when Peyton finally signed Haley on. Also love that they got some closure as well

You can tell that when Sophia and Joy went up there at Tric that they were so sentimental about it as actors (like when Sophia said 'that never gets old') than just going up there as their characters.

Aww the Naley mac n cheese throwback scene!! Aww

Okay the scene of L/C/Q after they got married was freakin adorable but I couldn't help but laugh at the look on Shantel's face LOL!

I'm still confused as to why Skills is a news anchor with Mille now. I get that it was a way to keep Skills around TH but he always seemed to want to do sports stuff more, like the sports coordinator thing made sense

Love the Scott/Edwards Foundation. That scene was a tad preachy but it was awesome to have a serious scene like that and not forget about the 2 of them either

LOVE the Naley rain scene! So freakin adorable! Okay I'm starting to get teary now! Lol

Aww, the Brulian scene in the house! Love it. Esp. since the beach house seemed a tad small for them, I mean the babies shared a room haha. I would've loved to see it a little more though

Aww, love the Haley/Jamie scene! Okay I teared up again at the "it's your home" line. I think she may have even did that line better than Moira did

Love that they included Peyton's NOFX sticker haha Love that Brooke scene with Julian in the high school hallway. I love seeing Brooke's development like that

Love the cast singing along with GD and the guys being goofballs! Haha

OMG cast interaction!! Ive been waiting like all season for this! Lol It kind of bothers me a little that when Julian sat down, Nathan got up. I know it doesn't mean anything, but they kept going on about how Julian doesn't have anyone besides Brooke and Julian did help in finding Nathan/hitting that cop and not only did we not get a Julian/Nathan thank you scene, but then this happens. Grr! And LOL Chuck is there with them.

Okay now I'm tearing up at the cast singing along/instrumental part! Aww. And OMG at the guys and Shantel singing along! Bahahahaha

Caw! LOL I love that they made sure to make Naley and Brulian a special focus here rather than make it sound like Clay/Quinn and Naley are always together instead

The cast def. doesn't look 5 years older but I guess there was only so much they could do. Holy moly Bevin back with Skills! And Lydia, Jude and Davis look VERY blonde for brunette parents but oh well. My brother was blonde too until puberty even with dark-haired parents and now he has very dark hair.

Wouldn't the title say 'James Scott' rather than 'Jamie Scott' though? Also, it was a little unbelievable to me to see him break Nathan's, who was very ambitious, record but whatever. The sentiment was nice.

Brooke's line about Peyton, even though it was supposed to be sad, just made me mad. I would like to think Naley and Brooke talk to LP, we just don't see it on-screen. And Mark has basically tried to make it sound like they are crappy family/friend for 3 years now and it's like enough is enough

Aww! Millie is adorable. I hope she has a girl, so Lydia has someone, since she is surrounded by boys! (Chuck, Jamie, Jude, Davis, Logan..)

Would be nice to see how Bevin ended up back in the picture again but whatever. Maybe Quinn tells Haley about her, Skills goes and catches up with her and then they go from there. Maybe Bevin just needed to grow up and whatever caused their break-up in the first place was just stupid teenage girl stuff

Would be nice to see Jamie's face, but I get it, they probably figured people would compare him to Jackson too much

Overall, Id give it a 10/10. There were flaws, but I couldn't ask for anything more considering that it FELT like a series finale. S8's just did not. S4 and s6's did but they didn't finish everything there

Edited on 04/04/2012 10:01pm

that70sshow2000

[96]Apr 4, 2012
    "what happened to Jamies obsession with baseball?"

Ok I remember people people stuff like this in s8 about how Jamie was into basketball in the early adult seasons so why's he all the sudden into baseball?

Ok it is 100% natural and realistic that Jamie would go from bball to baseball etc. It's not at all mark not following w continuity or writing OOC or anything of that sort.

I have lik cousins that age and watched them do jus what Jamie is doing, kids become interested in all types of sports. The sport a kid plays at age 8 doesn't have to be the one they're playing in high school etc.

stellarchick86

[97]Apr 4, 2012
    Sorry I wrote so much haha Since its the last ep though, I think it can be overlooked lol I also wondered about the twins, I figured we'd see a scene of them with CK/Chase on like an actual date. I guess we did at Tric but. My guess is that Mark wanted to include this in 9x12 but Tyler had to go so he just threw it into the finale.

stellarchick86

[98]Apr 4, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I'm happy that Chuck didn't have any talking scene

Totally!! Although, and I never thought Id say this because usually I could care less about Chuck LOL but is he still living with his mom but his dad is in jail? Is he living with Chase? What was the deal? I feel like there was so much build-up with little pay-off.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    - I thought Logan calling Quinn "mom" so fast was a bit unrealistic, but it was cute
    - I wish Alex had come back for the finale, even for just the flashforward, so that Alex and Chase could have ended up together

Definitely.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    It took Mouth and Millie almost another 5 years to get pregnant?? I think Millie should have found out in the finale (before the time jump) that she was pregnant instead, and then they could just have had a little four year old boy/girl in the flashforward.

I wondered about this too. The Millie in s5 I could see, because she seemed like a girl who wanted kids a bit older in life and wanted to have a 'career' first. But now she has one, she has her own show, and she had been with Mouth practically 4 years prior. Maybe they just wanted us to see Millie pregnant at some point, she was very cute pregnant, but it wouldve made more sense logically for her to have a child (I hope a girl) pointed out and maybe have Bevin be the pregnant one or maybe even Quinn.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I also realized during the episode that we didn't see Madison at all this season. Not that I'm complaining at all, it's just that last season they were setting her up to be like a Peyton or a Haley to Jamie, so it's weird that they didn't have Jamie mention her at all this season.

Haha oh yeah I forgot about that.

He11, Im actually surprised that they didnt allude to a love triangle with Jude/Davis/Lydia in the flashforward. I thought there had to be a reason why Mark gave Brooke twin boys rather than a boy and a girl (at the very least the girl could become BFFs with Lydia like Braley) so that was the only thing I could think of

stellarchick86

[99]Apr 4, 2012
    luv2live wrote:
    I wished there had been more recognition of Peyton and Lucas. Even though they weren't in the last episode they were an important part of not only the show but important people to the fans. I guess biggest disappointment was how neither Lucas or Peyton were mentioned. I wanted that closure. I mean Julian is filming a show about Lucas' book and their life but he's placed himself into the show (which I'm not a fan of) yet these two people who were such a part of the core group were ignored.

Agreed. I mean they didnt even mention them in the cast interviews (Im even surprised that they showed them in the flashbacks!) and then not here either. I always thought that Chad shouldve saved his episode for the finale but I guess he was promoting that comic book or whatever it is of his so he couldnt fit it into his schedule. Still though, youd think that Haley, or Nathan, at the end wouldve said that one of them called to say they are moving back home afterall. It wouldve tied in so well with the 'only OTH and its your home' quote. They wouldnt have needed the actors for that. And it would be nice to know that they could come back and everyone would be cool again and everyone would hang again. I mean, I get that people drift apart after high school, believe me. But LP are not someone like Rachel who we could never see again and it wouldnt be that contrived. PB were best friends, LH were best friends and LN are brothers. Big difference there.
    luv2live wrote:
    I wish when Brooke had her flashback and was cheering they would have shown Peyton. Their friendship was so pivotal to the storyline of the show and yet it was basically ignored except for Brooke wandering into the set of her room. Yet no memories or flashbacks were shown.

Ive heard that if they did, theyd have to pay the actors. I dont know if thats true or not but its the only explination I can come up with because otherwise, it makes no sense. So ofc Mark isnt going to go that far *rolls eyes*
    Edited on 04/04/2012 10:06pm

-Master_K-

[100]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 37

So I watched the finale twice and almost cried both times.... which is embarrassing to admit because this was my biggest guilty pleasure. I can't believe it's over. I took the finale for what it was and with that, I have nothing more to say and don't feel any need to dissect every detail of what I liked vs. disliked. I've never really ever written about the show on this forum though I've always been at tv.com and I've followed the series since season four. Felt like now was a good opportunity to finally write about it.

Simply, I think the series was wrapped up as good as it could be and it's unfortunate that certain actors that I was hoping would surprise us, didn't. In the end, I'll miss the series, I've followed it for most of my adult life (from my first year of college and up) and I don't think there will ever be another underrated teen show of its kind (along with Dawson's Creek). Goodbye everyday life with over-the-top drama and hello rich kids with even more unbelievable drama! (Gossip Girl and 90210 is what we're left with)