One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Debate Thread - anything and everything: Topic: Shoulda Coulda Woulda

stellarchick86

[1381]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Agreed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haliemeh

[1382]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 3

I agree entirely!!

haliemeh

[1383]Apr 9, 2012

I am also left wondering at the very many missed opportunities for areconciliation-or at least closure- between Lucas and Dan. In season 6 when Lucas flat out asks Dan what happened in the hallway and why he killed Keith, the only response he gets is "every story has avillainLucas. And I'm yours" ...WTH?! :S :S That was the perfect opportunity for the two of them to really talk about it and for Lucas to understand. In season 9 when Nathan asks the very same thing...that's when we get an insightful speech??! And there were other scenes where either Dan or Lucas reached out to the other one, and nothing happened! Like when Dan was getting ready for his transplant and says 'Lucas, I'm getting a heart'. Or when Dan holds Sawyer. I think it's been said before that there were many scenes with loads of potential that did not really develop into anything. I'm just saying, there are some things that could have been done better.

And I agree with both of you that Lucas should have been given thechanceto see Dan in a positive light. There have been many times when we've been shown that he really wants to. Like in season 1 when Lucas tells Dan 'I didn't know you wanted custody'....boy do I wish Dan had responded differently!! That would have been a greatbeginningto what could have been a fulfillingrelationship. OR when Lucas asked Nate about his favorite memory of Dan...

stellarchick86

[1384]Apr 9, 2012

Im wondering if either one or two things happened. Or maybe both

1. They purposedfully wanted Lucas to never forgive Dan in order to juxtapose how Nathan basically forgave him, to show how 2 people can see 1 person so differently.

Or 2. They wanted Lucas to eventually see Dan in a new light, like Nathan did, but there just wasnt enough time by the time Chad wanted to leave. Even with s6, Lucas had so much other stuff going on to see the good stuff Dan does, and if Lucas did a 180 in 1 season without seeing anything positive first, like saving his brother, I think people wouldve thought that was contrived. Thats just my .02.

haliemeh

[1385]Apr 10, 2012

if Lucas did a 180 in 1 season without seeing anything positive first, like saving his brother, I think people wouldve thought that was contrived. Thats just my .02.

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you mean by that....could you please elaborate?

stellarchick86

[1386]Apr 10, 2012
    Just that people would complain if all of a sudden Lucas saw Dan in a good light, had he not saved Nathan first, because Lucas still sees him as the bad guy who abandoned him/treated everyone around him like crap/killed his uncle/etc.