One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Debate Thread - anything and everything: Topic: Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Jimbob2008

[141]May 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    later shae, and tara if you're still here, be back tomorrow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

krisi1021

[142]May 15, 2008
    • level: 11
    Jimbob2008 wrote:

krisi1021 wrote:
    Jimbob2008 wrote:
    krisi1021 wrote:
    Jimbob2008 wrote:
    not to spark another argument, but krisi you just called shae closed minded. I'd take that offensively. I sorta feel offended for her, since shes a nice person and isn't closed minded at all. I dont know if shae would. If you didn't mean to maybe you should apologize or i dont know anything so there is no more negativity. Just a suggestion.
    Haha, okay little instigator! I clearly said, "thinking that nothing or no one can change your opinion is a bit closed minded". Nowhere in there did I direct that her. Fact is, and I'm sure definitions can support it, that to think in that way, shape, or form IS in fact being closed minded. You are a real piece of work! Please, let me apologize for the matters or pure logic and knowledge!
    Im not instigating and I dont think I took it the wrong way because Shae even commented that she wasn't closed minded in her reply post. I was just mentioning it so that there isn't another issue. I don't think you realize the slightly rude things you say. Maybe you should just stop saying rude things. Its as simple as that.
    Okay, quick question though ... lol, if I don't realize the rude things I say, then how am I supposed to stop saying them??? Lol Sorry, but I find that extremely funny. Not being rude, it's just REALLY funny.
    Shae did comment on the closed minded part, and I find it a bit coincidental that it came after you directly accusing me of insulting her which I NEVER did. Not to mention, pot meet kettle. You walk around directly insulting others, and I've seen it more than once with not only myself but others, and then you have the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't say???? Hmmmmm ... I guess.

It means you're just being a rude person and its probably just your nature to make snotty comments to people. But i usually never outright insult people. And if i do i apologize, unlike you. So I'll be the pot, you be the kettle, but atleast once i know i offended someone i apologize. Since when is it nonsense to try to stop a miscommunication from happening? Get real Krisi. I know Shae and I know she would have mentioned something about the closeminded comment. Theres no reason for you to say negative stuff about other users. And yes, you guess right.

If I felt you were trying to keep things calm then I wouldn't have been offended by what you implied I was doing. If you wanted to prevent a misunderstanding you should've asked what I meant, instead of directly accusing me of something. I am NOT a rude person, it's a matter of me having zero respect for you. You have to give respect to get it and you have done nothing but insult my intelligence since the first time I began debating with you. If I ever unintentionally offend someone with my words I apologize. You can ask anyone here. It's very easy to come across as condescending or rude here, and if I feel I do that then I step up. I'm mature and able to recognize when I'm wrong.

shae83dtr

[143]May 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    i would just like to clarify that jimbob saying that had nothing to do with my response, the truth is my computer is really slow, i hadnt even read her comment, i went to reply straight after i saw your post krisi, she in no way made me feel like i had to repond. and im sure by the time i post this there will be more post i miss out on, its just my computer.

Jimbob2008

[144]May 15, 2008
    • level: 4

tara, im getting my comp fixed so its gone again, but ill try and get on the house one.

and not knowing or respecting someone isn't an excuse for being rude. fine whatever krisi, take it how you want it. me and shae both saw it is rude. its not just a coincidence. so i said that you insulted her without asking you if you did? i told you what it looked like. anyway. fine whatever im squashing this stuff. you dont like me i dont like you, diff opinions. i see no reason for a response. now im gone for good!, bye t

shae83dtr

[145]May 15, 2008
    oh later! i prob should go to bed soon the kids will be up soon and i havent even slept, another time my friend.

ClaudiaScott

[146]May 15, 2008
    Owww intense debating

krisi1021

[147]May 15, 2008

Lol, Looks like I'm in the majority in my likes/dislikes then. Lmao

Shae, I'm sure you didn't. You seem very set in your ways, so I don't find that you'll be that easily influenced by others opinions. I was just being a pain. It's usually what I do when things get on my nerves. I don't like for someone to tell me how I'm being rude, when I was in no way being rude. I was clearly stating facts. I'm sorry that facts are so offensive to you and Jimbob.
    I've never had issues with you until Jimbob came around ... hmmm, coincidence??? I think not.
    Anywho, I'm okay with you. You aren't directly insulting of anyone here, and you aren't rude most importantly.
    You are considerate of others opinions, and unlike your wing man, you have a good reputation around here. I'm glad things are okay between us. Quite frankly I could care less about what came before. Looking forward to continuing our discussions, and I'm glad we have a mutual respect.

shae83dtr

[148]May 15, 2008
    lol. isnt it always. i must say i like the idea of a debate thread, though debates still turn up all over the place. *sigh* well atleast we can say OTH fans are passionate, that is for sure.

krisi1021

[149]May 15, 2008
    ClaudiaScott wrote:
    Owww intense debating

More like childish bickering! Lol Nah, Shae and I were having a debate ... but the other was nothing but arguing. Petty and senseless arguing that wasn't worth a MINUTE of my time. I kinda regret putting so much into that. Bleh!

huh920

[150]May 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    So we all good now. Great! So what's the new topic?

shae83dtr

[151]May 15, 2008
    hey krisi, its cool, i know what its like and i rarely hold things people say in debates against them, in the heat of the moment we sometimes loose ourselves, and its so easy on here for things to be misunderstood. but i am curious...we have reputations? lol, this does interest me, i know there are certain people who i on a day to day basis tend to avoid or roll my eyes at their post (though generally i just do that and move on unless they really really piss me off) but i never knew we all had reputations, well i must say im glad i have a good one. but im getting hilarious mental pictures of secret pm's being sent about certain people 'hmmm so and so was an anal yesterday' or 'damn that cow always is an insulting so and so' and 'arghh! they did it again', its prob not that funny, its just i havent been on long and i know that this board is almost like a family, some of you guys are so close and it shows, but i havent really got there yet, so it sorta makes me chuckle thinking about the bad reputations and how its gone about discussing them.

shae83dtr

[152]May 15, 2008
    anyway on that note im leaving the debates behind, i have to get atleast an hours sleep before the kids wake so i look forward to further discussions. ta

krisi1021

[153]May 15, 2008
    shae83dtr wrote:
    hey krisi, its cool, i know what its like and i rarely hold things people say in debates against them, in the heat of the moment we sometimes loose ourselves, and its so easy on here for things to be misunderstood. but i am curious...we have reputations? lol, this does interest me, i know there are certain people who i on a day to day basis tend to avoid or roll my eyes at their post (though generally i just do that and move on unless they really really piss me off) but i never knew we all had reputations, well i must say im glad i have a good one. but im getting hilarious mental pictures of secret pm's being sent about certain people 'hmmm so and so was an anal yesterday' or 'damn that cow always is an insulting so and so' and 'arghh! they did it again', its prob not that funny, its just i havent been on long and i know that this board is almost like a family, some of you guys are so close and it shows, but i havent really got there yet, so it sorta makes me chuckle thinking about the bad reputations and how its gone about discussing them.

In a way ... yeah. I mean, everyone kinda has a label, well sort of. I'm not sure how you'd explain it. There's just those "hard headed" ones that you know you'll get nowhere with, then there are the ones who are beyond hard headed, those you REALLY want to stay away from. It all just boils down to who is worth wasting your time on. Lol I've never heard bad things about you, in terms of debates. I've heard you're reasonable, and I've seen that with my own eyes as well. Just b/c we don't share opinions doesn't mean I'm going to right you off as having a bad rep. It just kind of narrows it down to who's worth talking to, and who's worth avoiding. You are definitely not worth avoiding ... if that made sense. Lol

chosenchic

[154]May 15, 2008
    • level: 13

Well the last couple of pages were certainly interesting but yeah moving on...

New topic: the Brooke/Nathan sextape. A true symbol of B/P's fractured friendship (in the sense that they've done some truly deplorable things to each other) or merely a writer's ploy to even the playing field between Brooke and Peyton? Discuss.

luv2live

[155]May 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    krisi1021 wrote:

Jimbob, Wow you really think outside all boxes don't you???
    First off, if you read my post clearly you'll see I never claimed that you saw Brucas as a romantic love, hence me asking if you thought Brucas had that romantic aura. Geez ... selective interpretation I see.
    Second, I didn't compare Leyton to an arranged marriage, I was showing the similarities in how friendship is a requirement in order for a relationship to last. Nowhere did I say, "Look, Leyton is just like when you are forced to marry someone else". I didn't even use "Leyton" and "arranged marriages" in the same line, so you are REALLY off in insisting I compared the two. I made a comparison of friendships in choice relationships and friendships in arranged relationships.
    Third, I never said that Lucas saving Peyton was comparable to Brucas' big gestures. I think it's clear that Lucas' big gestures were empty promises. He did and said what Brooke asked him to do. She said fight for me, and he makes a big speech in front of their friends how he's fighting for her. He never made a move on his own accord, but rather waited until Brooke whined and cried about something she felt was wrong in their relationship, and then he made an attempt to fix it. He made choices to hide things from her to keep problems from arising, when if they trusted one another they would and should be able to be honest without the assistance of an outsider.
    Please explain how Brucas isn't close to "being a great romance", yet you claim their "romantic affections were growing with each other". I'm curious to know your perception behind that allegation.

AshesandWine, I pretty much agree with everything you said!
    I could never imagine myself walking down the aisle with someone who wasn't my best friend.
    Ask any guy, and his perfect girl would have to be his best friend as well.
    Ask couples who have been together for years, and they'll tell you their best friend is their spouse.
    I don't see how Lucas choosing to save Peyton is seen as the action of a friend, and how nothing they do is romantic. I'm curious, what separates a romantic gesture from a friendly one???? Do you know???

Jimbob (sorry I'm responding in order of the posts, not meaning to jump around)
    I think I'm working in circles here, b/c I'm not sure exactly what you're digging for. Maybe if you could give us examples of what you are looking for. Romantic gestures don't work ... Lucas making a choice to risk his life for Peyton doesn't work ... writing two books about his love for her doesn't work ... you null and voided anything that occurred in S1 ... which leaves me with yet again, what are you looking for!? Please, give me an example of a couple that fits your description so I know where I'm going with all this.

Cleann, Naturally, GREAT POST!

luv2live, Tell her off! Lol Or him, I don't know. Yes, you are a Brucas fan but who cares! I'm a diehard Leyton fan and we get along so that shouldn't matter. Also, what that little twit wrote was not the definition of epic, rather it was Rob Thomas' INTERPRETATION of epic. There's a difference so please, please, please tell her to get it right. Last, who cares if you have a stick up your butt ... your arguments are far better than that any day of the week. Sorry ... but ignorance ANNOYS me. You though ... you I like.

Krisi, I appreciate the support. I should have been better and just walked away from it but I just couldn't; it was too tempting. In my opinion she/he left themselves open for it. Oh well; it is what it is. Glad were cool; you I like as well.
    I was reading over all that crazy debating; reminded me when Mineta, you and I had that debate that lasted for weeks. Still the greatest one I've ever had.

luv2live

[156]May 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    chosenchic wrote:

Well the last couple of pages were certainly interesting but yeah moving on...

New topic: the Brooke/Nathan sextape. A true symbol of B/P's fractured friendship (in the sense that they've done some truly deplorable things to each other) or merely a writer's ploy to even the playing field between Brooke and Peyton? Discuss.

Honestly, not sure what I think of this one. Kind of indifferent to it. It can be argued from different sides; but maybe just showing how fractured not only the girls friendships are but how flawed these girls really are.

shae83dtr

[157]May 16, 2008
    the sextape. hmmmm... i part of me says it was there to even the fields, a part of me can believe it considering who nathan and brooke use to be, it makes sense that at some point they had got it on. but another part of me is like... um y is this being done now? its seems pathetic and a low blow, and poor haley, is there anyone she knows who nathan hasnt slept with, how many sisters does the girl have? bevin? karen? whose next.
    but as much as i think the sex tape was a low blow i wouldnt take it back because it in the end helped fix breyton friendship and as much as i love breyton fights i love their friendship more.

Chick94

[158]May 16, 2008
    • level: 18

Just my luck! I missed the "IHY" LP debates! *pout* Whatever, Krisi and Cleanie obviously said everything there was to say anyway. Great job you guys.

shae83dtr wrote:
    as much as i love breyton fights

You love their fights? It kills me.

Edited on 05/16/2008 11:37am

stellarchick86

[159]May 16, 2008
    • level: 32
    Chick94 and I debated the sex tape on another thread some time ago and that was enough for me lol. Itll be interesting anyway though to see if people felt the way I felt about it.

Chick94

[160]May 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    ^^We did? Well in that case, I think I need a break from sextapes. I'll catch the next topic.