One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Hour Long Cast Interview Discussion

stellarchick86

[1]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 32
    I thought maybe I should reserve a separate space for those who want to talk about the hour long cast interview session that will take place during the 2-hour finale tomorrow night. We will probably have a lot to say regarding the finale itself so I thought maybe it would be too much to have it all in one place. Thanks guys!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Apr 4, 2012
    I thought this was awesome. I wished they wouldve touched more on LP (I didnt expect the actors back but just figured that they couldve at least mentioned them) but at least they didnt forget to show flashbacks of them haha

Justlikeheaven_

[3]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 33
    I was actually thinking that the interviews were going to be after the series finale, so i was real surprised when it was first, but now, i am happy that they did them first because the interviews were almost like giving us a countdown to the end.

angrodpallanen

[4]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 22

Once again I find that living in Europe is the worst. I can't get my hands on the hour long cast interview. And I need it. I need it so much.

stellarchick86

[5]Apr 5, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I was actually thinking that the interviews were going to be after the series finale, so i was real surprised when it was first, but now, i am happy that they did them first because the interviews were almost like giving us a countdown to the end.

Yeah. I kind of figured that they would do it first because it like gets you pumped for the finale.
    angrodpallanen wrote:

Once again I find that living in Europe is the worst. I can't get my hands on the hour long cast interview. And I need it. I need it so much.

Aww that sucks! I dont know where to get it, just the finale itself. Maybe try torrents?

charmed_ncis

[6]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 4

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I thought this was awesome. I wished they wouldve touched more on LP (I didnt expect the actors back but just figured that they couldve at least mentioned them) but at least they didnt forget to show flashbacks of them haha
    I thought the same thing. I didn't think the finale would refer to them but I thought the characters would be discussed in the discussion. Especially when Mark is talking about the night the Ravens won the State Championship. He talks about winning, Haley being hit by the car, and even talks about Keith coming back. They seemed to go out of their way not to use the character's names. I can understand not wanting to discuss the actors, but the characters were part of the show, and whether people like or not LP were two of the main characters first the first few seasons. I still watched and I still enjoy watching the reruns on Netflix, just disappointed.

Edited on 04/05/2012 6:39pm

stellarchick86

[7]Apr 5, 2012
    ^I re-watched it again after I saw the finale last night and I was actually a little disappointed because it seemed to talk more about things like the start of the show, the location, the music, etc which we already know about. I was expecting it to be more about behind-the-scenes stuff, more interviews with the cast where they talk about their characters (we only saw Brooke and Haleys character being discussed, not even Nathan) and other things. If they thought it was too much of a big thing to talk about Chad and Hilarie, why not still talk about Lucas and Peyton? Can they not separate the two? Anyway, it was still good, I loved Sophias goodbye speech on her last night, but it just seemed a little repetitive. The good thing was that Antwon, Lee, Tyler, Shantel, Robert and Stephen were on it too, because they are like never on interview type things.

that70sshow2000

[8]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 15
    ^these people have never exactly been professional when it came to separating actors from characters.

Boo hoo I'm a slut who ends up dating all my male co workers and now that I've broken up with Chad my character Brooke and his character Lucas have to breakkkk up, wahhhhhh.

stellarchick86

[9]Apr 6, 2012
    ^Uh huh

TreeHill_89

[10]Apr 8, 2012
    I don't think there would have been anyway wrong in mentioning Chad and Hilare what would have been the big deal? I haven't see it yet but i would have at least thought they would have mentioned something even their characters after all Lucas was the main character. When the do things like this it makes me think more that something happened between Mark, Chad and Hilare.

stellarchick86

[11]Apr 8, 2012
    ^Same here.

ILUVSCOFIELD

[12]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 9

The smae thing happened after Shannen Doherty left BH 90210. The season after she left, "Brenda was hardly ever mentioned, except in brief convos sporadically throughout the seasons. When the series finale rolled around, and Fox aired "The Final Goodbye" retrospective, Shannen/Brenda weren't mentioned, and Shannen was whited out of any clips she was in that other castmates were in. However, most people who followed BH 90210 from the beginning know about the trouble SD had behind the scenes. OTH is a bit different. These cast/crew members don't seem to be the type to dish dirt about each other, which is why I didn't need to watch the series retrospective over again. They basically mentioned thing we already knew about the show. We may never know if there was anything deeper behind Chad/Hilarie's departure aside from "their story was over/they got their happy ending", unless a few years from now a cast or crew member comes out with a tell-all book. And even then you won't know if it's totally truthful.

stellarchick86

[13]Apr 8, 2012
    ^I agree. And at least when they mentioned Brenda in the original 90210 it was for a good reason, not bad. For ex, I remember after Luke Perry left they had a SL where Kelly gets a letter from Dylan and the return address is in London, which is where Brenda was staying. So it was their way of bringing the triangle up again because Kelly felt a bit betrayed and whatever. So even once Brenda left, they brought her up and it wasnt like it was for a negative thing. When C/H left, they either brought them up in a bad way ("you dont call or write", "you dont come to my wedding", etc) or they just dont mention them at all when they should. Even when Brandon almost got married to Kelly and Brenda obviously couldnt couldnt come back, they didnt have Kelly sitting there badmouthing her. They just didnt approach the subject. But I do remember Brenda not being mentioned in the retrospective thing though. But then Shannen came back for the 10 year reunion thingie so who knows maybe we will see Chad and Hilarie once again.

angrodpallanen

[14]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 22

The interview special is definitely not included in the DVD box.http://tv.blogs.starnewsonline.com/14329/five-secrets-of-the-one-tree-hill-season-nine-dvd-collection/

Guess I'll never see it.

stellarchick86

[15]Apr 9, 2012
    You didnt really miss all that much, TBH. It was mainly Mark talking about how the show started/the soundtrack/etc which has been on other interviews. The cast didnt talk nearly as long as he did LOL. Maybe it on Youtube somewhere?

Justlikeheaven_

[16]Apr 9, 2012
    • level: 33
    angrodpallanen wrote:

The interview special is definitely not included in the DVD box.http://tv.blogs.starnewsonline.com/14329/five-secrets-of-the-one-tree-hill-season-nine-dvd-collection/

Guess I'll never see it.

It's okay, you didn't miss anything you didn't know. It was all just recap of things that we already knew information about. Like how all the cast went to Honey Grove Texas, how music was a big part of the show, and how back in season 2 when "Haley, Chris, and the wreckers" went on tour so did Joy, Tyler, and the wreckers. And things like that.....With the cast talking within that. It was a good way to get excited for the episode to come, if you watched it while airing live, but there was nothing that you HAVE to see.

stellarchick86

[17]Apr 9, 2012

I came across it accidentally on Youtube when I was looking at another OTH clip, it came up as a 'related search' on the side, so here it is for anyone who is missing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMenv6_UVXA&feature=relmfu

that70sshow2000

[18]Apr 10, 2012
    Yay thanks stellar! I saw bits and pieces but not the whole thong. As a thank you, I'll let you suck my weiner.

stellarchick86

[19]Apr 10, 2012
    Lol so mature. But youre welcome.

that70sshow2000

[20]Apr 10, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Lol so mature. But youre welcome.

Iffy. Can't quite tell if that's a yes or no.