One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Hour Long Cast Interview Discussion

that70sshow2000

[21]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 15
    WOW! They really did try and dodge saying Lucas/Peyton and or the actors.

The most obvious and awkward is when Mark says, "THIS KID gets to see his uncle again."

LOL LOL LOL! THIS KID? Really?

Something totally did happen behind the scenes. No wonder Hip didn't come back. It's not all glorious and special like how they talk in front of the camera makes it seem. I ain't fooled by that facade. I really do think Chad came back just for the fans. And maybe why Lucas wasn't in more significant scenes like 9.1 1 is bc Mark didn't wanna give that character those significant moments with the other characters so he gave him the bottom of the barrel.. Haley being the only significant interaction. He's never even worked with Shantel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 32
    I used to agree. But then someone said that James and Chad couldnt get their schedules matched up because James was doing whatever it was he was doing w/ Stephen Colletti and then Chad had his book tour he needed to go on before the finale was being filmed. So I have no idea what is the truth. But considering that Hilarie didnt even come back once and considering that Chad couldve filmed just 1 or 2 scenes while he was still there for the airport episode and didnt, it does make me wonder.

bronbrons27

[23]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 14

stellarchick86 wrote:

I came across it accidentally on Youtube when I was looking at another OTH clip, it came up as a 'related search' on the side, so here it is for anyone who is missing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMenv6_UVXA&feature=relmfu

Thank you SO much for posting the link, Stellar! Now I can watch it too

I also bought season 8 and 9 on DVD today (but it's not on the season 9 DVDs, so I'm so happy it's on Youtube!)

Edited on 04/10/2012 2:40pm

stellarchick86

[24]Apr 10, 2012
    No prob! Oh yeah I forgot its out already! I will need to go get it, even if its just for the special features. Thanks for reminding me!

Justlikeheaven_

[25]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 33
    My season 9 boxset came in the mail today ! I am so happy. But i am actually not touching it until i am at that point in my OTH marathon i am giving myself. lol. I started the beginning of this week of watching the episodes in order starting with the pilot. I am now at the season 2 finale. BUT I will probably watch the special features before hand though.

that70sshow2000

[26]Apr 10, 2012
    Oh ya! I gotta go get that! Hopefully Target has it for cheap. I'll be buying a OTH DVD since s4. Well I did get s7 but only bc I was sick for a few days and felt like watching s7 again so I bought a cheap one off CL, watched everything, then sold it after I got better LOL.

Oh ya! I still have some eps to watch... I haven't seen ep6-11 (except for Naley parts from YouTube)

stellarchick86

[27]Apr 11, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    BUT I will probably watch the special features before hand though.

Yeah. I watched "An Evening w/ OTH" tonight. It was pretty interesting as I had never seen it before. A lot of Stephen and Antwon rather than Joy, James and Sophia but oh well LOL I also had no idea that the lady who played Mary Edwards was a teacher at UNC. I just figured she was an actress.
    Edited on 04/10/2012 11:41pm

Justlikeheaven_

[28]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 33
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    BUT I will probably watch the special features before hand though.

Yeah. I watched "An Evening w/ OTH" tonight. It was pretty interesting as I had never seen it before. A lot of Stephen and Antwon rather than Joy, James and Sophia but oh well LOL I also had no idea that the lady who played Mary Edwards was a teacher at UNC. I just figured she was an actress.

I thought it was supposed to be like a gathering with all the actors?? I will check it out soon. Oh, wow. Thats interesting about Mary Edwards. I would have thought that she was just another actresss. Not just your typical average person.

angrodpallanen

[29]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 22

that70sshow2000 wrote:
    WOW! They really did try and dodge saying Lucas/Peyton and or the actors. The most obvious and awkward is when Mark says, "THIS KID gets to see his uncle again." LOL LOL LOL! THIS KID? Really? Something totally did happen behind the scenes. No wonder Hip didn't come back. It's not all glorious and special like how they talk in front of the camera makes it seem. I ain't fooled by that facade. I really do think Chad came back just for the fans. And maybe why Lucas wasn't in more significant scenes like 9.1 1 is bc Mark didn't wanna give that character those significant moments with the other characters so he gave him the bottom of the barrel.. Haley being the only significant interaction. He's never even worked with Shantel.

Something probably did go down but I always thought it was Chad wanting to leave, Hilarie wanting to stay but Mark not wanting Leyton to seperate so he wrote them both off. Basically in this scenario everyone was thinking of the fans, except Chad. Also, Shantel was there with Joy and Chad so I'm not sure what you mean but I can't imagine Lucas having a real impact on anything Quinn was going through at that time. Lucas needed ot be there for Haley, because of all relationships, that was the one worth having a scene for.

angrodpallanen

[30]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 22

I just watched it and it was perfect. It was such a roller coaster. I love this show and this was a great testament to that. Thanks stellarchick. I guess it's time to let go now. :'(

stellarchick86

[31]Apr 11, 2012
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    Something probably did go down but I always thought it was Chad wanting to leave, Hilarie wanting to stay but Mark not wanting Leyton to seperate so he wrote them both off. Basically in this scenario everyone was thinking of the fans, except Chad.

I always got the impression that is exactly what happened.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I thought it was supposed to be like a gathering with all the actors??

It was. They had pretty much everyone from the main cast who was in s9 except for Paul and Tyler (which sucked). I just meant that Antwon and Stephen did a lot of the talking. Sophias usually a talker so Im surprised that she didnt say more and James was pretty shy though I always got that vibe from him anyway.

angrodpallanen wrote:
    Thanks stellarchick.

No problem!!
    Edited on 04/11/2012 5:31pm

TreeHill_89

[32]Apr 12, 2012
    That's what I always happened with the all chad and Hilarie situation. Hilarie could have stayed but that meant that Leyton would get separated and Peyton would be miserable for the all season. She left at a point where Leyton was happily married with a kid and the fans would get the endings they deserve. I really doubt that she would have left if it wasn't for chad leaving.

that70sshow2000

[33]Apr 12, 2012
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    That's what I always happened with the all chad and Hilarie situation. Hilarie could have stayed but that meant that Leyton would get separated and Peyton would be miserable for the all season. She left at a point where Leyton was happily married with a kid and the fans would get the endings they deserve. I really doubt that she would have left if it wasn't for chad leaving.

It would've been such a different s7, 8, 9 too. I could see though them still bringin on clay and Quinn, clay especially since on obviously mark was heading toward Nathan playing in the c a for s7 regardless of the Chad hil situation.