One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Leyton Lovers Fan Club

aless888

[53401]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 23

torontogirl98 wrote:
    Yes I totally agree with everyone above I was so angry at how they are treating Peyton it is completely uncalled for, first they leave the show with no explanation and now they are getting picked on by the writers why? I have kept watching only in hopes for a glimpse of LP again but keep getting nothing it really sucks

Yep. I guess the writers decided that Peyton really is the horrible person Brooke thought she was. *rolls eyes*

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Princess_Pinky

[53402]Feb 2, 2011
    • level: 11

aless888 wrote:

torontogirl98 wrote:
    Yes I totally agree with everyone above I was so angry at how they are treating Peyton it is completely uncalled for, first they leave the show with no explanation and now they are getting picked on by the writers why? I have kept watching only in hopes for a glimpse of LP again but keep getting nothing it really sucks

Yep. I guess the writers decided that Peyton really is the horrible person Brooke thought she was. *rolls eyes*

And all to prop up Brooke as, OMG! Supah amazin!

Seriously, what was with them giving Lucas good mentions (i.e. Nathan's advice to Jamie about using a quote to open his speech) and then turning an episode that was about Haley seeing the real Peyton into an episode about seeing the "real" (drunk, passed out in the bag seat) Brooke? (And now suddenly Haley has always wanted to be popular and Brooke's BFF. What?!)

And that came right on the heels of last week's dissing disaster. So all in all, I'm not happy.

My love for LP+Sawyer still makes me want to see them come back for the series finale, but after this, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Edited on 02/02/2011 8:14am

aless888

[53403]Feb 2, 2011
    It's just so sad to see that the show has changed so much and the writers can't even remember how the characters used to be.

LeytonTLA

[53404]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 16
    aless888 wrote:
    It's just so sad to see that the show has changed so much and the writers can't even remember how the characters used to be.

agree hundred per cent, this is all im trying to get across really, is that its not fair to the fans who have spent eight years involved in the storylines to have haley say a speech that isnt even true! I really thought she was gonna talk about the date brooke setb up for her but noooooo

TreeHill_89

[53405]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 32
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    aless888 wrote:

agree hundred per cent, this is all im trying to get across really, is that its not fair to the fans who have spent eight years involved in the storylines to have haley say a speech that isnt even true! I really thought she was gonna talk about the date brooke setb up for her but noooooo

What did Haley say in her speech? I agree, even though the characters are not there anymore, It would be nice for the writers to stay true to the characters we have grown up for watching and loved. It was weird how the reason for Leyton for not turning up. I really hope that all three of them come back but I'm now starting to have doubts. Even if they don't come back I hope the writers still fit them into the series finale in a good way.

Princess_Pinky

[53406]Feb 10, 2011

TreeHill_89 wrote:
    What did Haley say in her speech? I agree, even though the characters are not there anymore, It would be nice for the writers to stay true to the characters we have grown up for watching and loved. It was weird how the reason for Leyton for not turning up. I really hope that all three of them come back but I'm now starting to have doubts. Even if they don't come back I hope the writers still fit them into the series finale in a good way.

I don't have time to get the exact quote (getting ready to leave), but Haleysaid that the first night she hung out with Brooke, she saw Brooke's big heart, "the real Brooke Davis," and knew right then that she wanted to be her friend. (She was referring to the episode in which Brooke was drunk and passed out in the backseat of the car, so Haley and Peyton spent the episode hanging together and bonding. So basically, they took a Haley-Peyton bonding episode where Haley saw the real Peyton, and claimed it was an episode where Haley saw and bonded with the "real" Brooke, when the latter was in fact either being rude to her or drunk/passed out the whole time.) And then Haley also added that she always dreamed of being popular and being Brooke's friend in high school, which is completely untrue to how Season 1 Haley was portrayed.

Edited on 02/10/2011 2:50pm
    Edited 3 total times.

TreeHill_89

[53407]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 32
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

TreeHill_89 wrote:

I don't have time to get the exact quote (getting ready to leave), but Haleysaid that the first night she hung out with Brooke, she saw Brooke's big heart, "the real Brooke Davis," and knew right then that she wanted to be her friend. (She was referring to the episode in which Brooke was drunk and passed out in the backseat of the car, so Haley and Peyton spent the episode hanging together and bonding. So basically, they took a Haley-Peyton bonding episode where Haley saw the real Peyton, and claimed it was an episode where Haley saw and bonded with the "real" Brooke, when the latter was in fact either being rude to her or drunk/passed out the whole time.) And then Haley also added that she always dreamed of being popular and being Brooke's friend in high school, which is completely untrue to how Season 1 Haley was portrayed.

Thanks! Why would they do that though? Its weird, becuase I remember that episode (as it's one of my favourites) and thats when Haley-Peyton friendship began. NOT Brooke/Haley,for me Brooke/Haley friendship really blossmed in S3 when they became roomates. And in that episode she was too drugged to remember anything!!.

boeee

[53408]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 1

hi i have a question....i live in greece and watch the program every sunday as that is when it airs..... i would really like to find the leyton songs do you have any idea where i could get them.....please please please

aless888

[53409]Feb 19, 2011
    boeee wrote:

hi i have a question....i live in greece and watch the program every sunday as that is when it airs..... i would really like to find the leyton songs do you have any idea where i could get them.....please please please

Are you looking for a list?

torontogirl98

[53410]May 18, 2011
    • level: 19
    Okay watching the finale last night was just a slap in the face without LP I can't stand watching the show anymore, they were the magic that made the show great. I guess I am just a glutton for punishment watching in hopes of catching a glimpse of them coming back

Princess_Pinky

[53411]May 18, 2011

I guess I'd mentally prepared myself, because I read spoilers in advance and knew they weren't coming back.

IDK if you follow Chad on Twitter or not, but he's made several Tweets in the last couple weeks alluding to the idea that he might be agreeable to guest starring if the show got a ninth season and now it does, so I think we just might get to see him next season. The catch is Hilarie, because she's now a regular on White Collar. It would suck if they brought everyone back for a series finale except her. I really hope they can strike up a deal with Chad and Hil, so Leyton+Sawyer can be back for at least the series finale, if not a couple more eps in season nine. (I'd even take Chad bringing Sawyer back to Tree Hill for a handful of eps without Peyton - so long as they have a good reason why - and then have Peyton return to join them for the series finale so they can have a proper series finale.)

LeytonTLA

[53412]May 19, 2011
    totally agree bring back LP

JennaNJ

[53413]May 19, 2011
    • level: 29

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/one-tree-hill-scoop-lucas-peyton-return/

Lets hope its true

Edited on 05/19/2011 5:09pm

LeytonTLA

[53414]May 23, 2011
    i soooo hope they come back!!!

OTH_TW_lover

[53415]Apr 4, 2012
    I thought that while currently watching the series finale of One Tree Hill it would only be appropriate for me to come here and reminisce of the days of the Leyton Lovers Fan Club. This place is pretty much a ghost town now but being here reminds me of the days when you would go away for an hour and have 100 new posts to read. Also there was the day where this thread was featured on the front page because of how many posts we had. I am disappointed that Leyton is not at least making an appearance during the finale. I feel that they wasted Chad's time to have him come back for 5 minutes of screen time in the airport. Maybe over the summer I will dust off my OTH dvds and watch some old school OTH. I could also watch season 7 which i picked up for $10 on black friday and have yet to watch. I think I caught maybe 2 episodes when they originally aired so most of it would be brand new for me.

Anyways I do like all the references they are making to the early days. Its hard to believe that was 9 years ago. Makes me feel really old!!

charmed_ncis

[53416]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 4
    Never joined the Leyton Club although they were my favorite. The show seemed to center around them at first and I was hooked. I didn't like the Naley at first, but they grew on me and now I think they are great. Brooke was never a fav of mine. Her personality and mine would have clashed big time. I didnt start watching the show until 2007. The Soap Channel had the reruns and I caught up. I quit watching after season 6 until this year when they announced season 9 would be the last. Netflix caught me up to speed. I couldnt get into the show after Leyton left. Have to agrees with posts from a year ago. I really thought the show was going to remember the characters and do a decent job at keeping them in the story. The pictues in the bacground. The letters. The reference to Peowning till owning RBR. But After Brooke's wedding and after this season, I am really disappointed. Not that I expected the actors to return. I just thought the characters would be remembered and written in to the ending somehow. good bye OTH... I must say I said goodbye 3 years ago and not much left that I will miss. Naley, Mouth, Skills, Dan.... That's about it.

LeytonTLA

[53417]Apr 25, 2012
    charmed_ncis wrote:
    Never joined the Leyton Club although they were my favorite. The show seemed to center around them at first and I was hooked. I didn't like the Naley at first, but they grew on me and now I think they are great. Brooke was never a fav of mine. Her personality and mine would have clashed big time. I didnt start watching the show until 2007. The Soap Channel had the reruns and I caught up. I quit watching after season 6 until this year when they announced season 9 would be the last. Netflix caught me up to speed. I couldnt get into the show after Leyton left. Have to agrees with posts from a year ago. I really thought the show was going to remember the characters and do a decent job at keeping them in the story. The pictues in the bacground. The letters. The reference to Peowning till owning RBR. But After Brooke's wedding and after this season, I am really disappointed. Not that I expected the actors to return. I just thought the characters would be remembered and written in to the ending somehow. good bye OTH... I must say I said goodbye 3 years ago and not much left that I will miss. Naley, Mouth, Skills, Dan.... That's about it.

I was so upset they didnt show peyton at all, they made so many references to Lucas, they could of showed Peyton when they showed the scene of brooke winking!!!

OTH_TW_lover

[53418]Mar 17, 2013
    Leyton forever!!!

charmed_ncis

[53419]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 4

OTH_TW_lover wrote:
    Leyton forever!!!
    Missing the show and the forum? I have become addicted to watching it on reruns on Netflix. I check in every other week or so just to see if anyone still checks out the forums. Post if you ever get bored.

CappinHoff

[53420]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 5

I miss it as well. I stopped watching after season 6 as I felt that was the true series finale. I did catch someepisodeshere and there, but they felt to gimmicky and like they were trying to hard to grab people.