One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Official Season 8 Spoiler Thread (Season Over)

stellarchick86

[41]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 32
    Ahh I hope not. I found 4x01 to be SO boring.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greysanatomy12

[42]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 16

Really?I loved 4x01!!!

morty1988

[43]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 8

bronbrons27 wrote:
    alirk wrote:

bdancer99 wrote:

i hope Peyton and lucas come back for a couple of episodes, or at least for the wedding

Yeah, it would be such a shame if they didn't

Yeah they have to come back for Brooke's wedding! I will be pretty annoyed if they don't, and it will also be totally unrealistic. I have a feeling this season is going to end with Brooke and Julian's wedding, and then Haley will end up going into labour on the wedding day or something. It also occurred to me that they won't really be able to do a time jump of a year or so, like they did between seasons 6 and 7, because then Haley would already have been fully pregnant, and would have had the baby, and we would have seen none of her pregnancy. I mean they COULD do that, but it definately wouldn't be as good, and then also Brooke's wedding would be near the start of the season, unless her and Julian wait two years to get married, which I doubt they will. I think Season 8 will start off much like Season 4, with a lot of time spent in the hospital, because of Clay and Quinn.

really it took you 3 sentences to get a reason for no time skipping before you came up with quinn and clay??? i think this is the main part of the first 4 episodes, kinda like Q on s6. hmmm q got shot now quinn, maybe mark schwann doesn't like names starting with a Q

that70sshow2000

[44]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 15
    Chase can end up with Karen for all I care, as long as he's gone and we don't see it. So I hope he picks Mia, since she's annoying and serves no purpose whatsoever. Only time she was relevent was in a few episodes of s5.

I hope Alex stays. I've always liked her. But they might have a hard time finding material for her, thus this Chase lone triangle. It sucks when actors leave a show and then main characters have a wedding, making it totally unrealistic why those characters who left (actors) aren't at the wedding. Nothing Mark can do about that, but there are ways to have Lucas and Peyton there without showing Chad and Hil. Since Julian's the groom, Lucas won't be the best man or anything. There's no way out of it being totally ridiculous though if Peyton is not a bridesmaid/maid of honor. I hope they say Lucas is in the audience at the church and with different camera angles and whatnot, have Peyton be the maid of honor, just focus on parts of the wedding where the maid of honor wouldn't be seem (ie the vows, etc).

stellarchick86

[45]Jul 5, 2010
    ^^I totally agree with what you said.

And I just wanted to add that if Chad REALLY couldnt stand to come back for 1 episode, they could always have him stay behind with Sawyer and have it be one of those things where Peyton had a big issue with traveling with her overseas at a young age so it was either her or him. They kind of did this in one episode where Andy came back and Karen stayed behind with Lily. Then Peyton would say of course she couldnt not go to Brookes wedding where as Lucas didnt even talk to Brooke much the past few years so it wouldnt be too weird if he didnt go. I would think Hilarie would be okay with coming back for just 1 episode more so than Chad, but IDK considering she just had a baby a few months ago in real life and I dont know if she wants to do much (though it wouldnt require much traveling because she still lives in NC right?). So anyway thats just my opinion.

Edited on 07/05/2010 1:40pm

luvos_united

[46]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 14

Oh oh! Looks like no CMM or HB in the Brulian wedding.

One Tree Hill: Sophia Bush was sweet enough to answer loads of fan questions at once this morning, saying "Yes Brooke/Victoria. Great Nate/Haley. Looks like no Peyton/Luke. Don't know about a baby. I think yes wedding!"

Bah! Wedding?! Baby?! This is good stuff, S!

The one topic she wouldn't comment on in 140 characters or less? "Aw c'mon guys! Can't answer the Quinn/Clay ?'s. I'm only allowed to talk about stuff you already know! You'll have to tune in for that "

Lucky for us, Robert Buckley was much more forthcoming in our earlier interview with him, saying: "I think it's safe to say that Clay will be coming back. I hope I'm not giving too much away by saying that." Just the fate of your character, but no biggie.

Sophia's on-and-offscreen boyfriend Austin Nichols also tweeted from the set, saying, "For those of you looking for One Tree Hill info. I can't really help. All I will say is, my lips are sore. " It seems Brooke and Julian are doing just fine in season eight.

Translation: There is some kissy-poo action going on in Tree Hill.

Source: Watch with Kristin - E! Online

stellarchick86

[47]Jul 14, 2010
    Aww that really sucks. Unless they really want it to be a surprise/announce it later, but I doubt it, so yeah that sucks. Im just surprised that even Hilarie wouldnt come back. I understand that she just had a baby but if its only for 1 episode and she already lives in NC, then I dont see the big deal. But *shrugs* oh well I guess.

aless888

[48]Jul 14, 2010
    • level: 23

Well that sucks and is completely unbelievable. Peyton would never miss her wedding.

Edited on 07/14/2010 9:44pm

stellarchick86

[49]Jul 15, 2010
    It really makes me wonder if they actually did call up Hilarie and she turned it down or whether they figured theyd start with Chad and he wouldnt do it so they were like "well might as well not ask Hilarie then because it would be weird if she came and he didnt". That would really irk me considering they couldve worked it out that she could come without him and they did that with Karen/Andy and they were still "together". So the only thing I can think of is that maybe with her new baby she just wants to take some time off? IDK, youd think for the ending of OTH, something she worked on for 6 years and gave her her big break acting-wise, she'd go. *shrugs*

aless888

[50]Jul 16, 2010
    Hilarie in interviews always gave me the impression that she was happy to do the show for however long it was on. I also thought it wasn't her decision to leave so if they offered her an episode as a guest star I don't think she would say no. I also don't think it would be inconvenient since she lives in NC. Although she is really good at hiding her private life, so maybe she isn't there right now because she is raising her baby and trying to live near her boyfriend.

stellarchick86

[53]Jul 16, 2010
    aless888 wrote:
    Hilarie in interviews always gave me the impression that she was happy to do the show for however long it was on. I also thought it wasn't her decision to leave so if they offered her an episode as a guest star I don't think she would say no. I also don't think it would be inconvenient since she lives in NC. Although she is really good at hiding her private life, so maybe she isn't there right now because she is raising her baby and trying to live near her boyfriend.

Ah okay. Then they probably didnt bother LOL because I figured she wouldve said okay even if she did move to live near Geoffrey because its only for 1 episode. Because I got the same impression. Unless like I said they are trying to make it a surprise but..I doubt it because it seems like nothing is a surprise on this show and thats not even for something nearly as important/hyped. lol

aless888

[54]Jul 17, 2010
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    aless888 wrote:

Ah okay. Then they probably didnt bother LOL because I figured she wouldve said okay even if she did move to live near Geoffrey because its only for 1 episode. Because I got the same impression. Unless like I said they are trying to make it a surprise but..I doubt it because it seems like nothing is a surprise on this show and thats not even for something nearly as important/hyped. lol

I also forgot that right now she is filming another show, White Collar. I think that she is only supposed to be in around six episodes so as long as Brooke's wedding isn't at the beginning of the season I think she should be available.

stellarchick86

[55]Jul 17, 2010
    aless888 wrote:

I also forgot that right now she is filming another show, White Collar. I think that she is only supposed to be in around six episodes so as long as Brooke's wedding isn't at the beginning of the season I think she should be available.

Ah okay. And yeah Id assume itd be the finale since weddings seem to be that way (well except for Keiths but whatever lol) so hopefully!

luvos_united

[56]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 14
    aless888 wrote:

OMG! I love White Collar! Matt Bomer is so hot!

Anyway, WC is only 16 episodes long and it's a summer show. I don't think there would be a lot of overlap with filming, considering OTH just started filming and WC should be just about to finish.

Also, I should mention that the original tweet Sophia made is this:

Okay. Trying to answer ?s... Yes Brooke/Victoria. Great Nate/Haley. LOOKS like no Peyton/Luke. Don't know about a baby. I THINK yes wedding!

It could be that they're still negotiating?

morty1988

[57]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 8

luvos_united wrote:
    aless888 wrote:
    OMG! I love White Collar! Matt Bomer is so hot! Anyway, WC is only 16 episodes long and it's a summer show. I don't think there would be a lot of overlap with filming, considering OTH just started filming and WC should be just about to finish. Also, I should mention that the original tweet Sophia made is this: Okay. Trying to answer ?s... Yes Brooke/Victoria. Great Nate/Haley. LOOKS like no Peyton/Luke. Don't know about a baby. I THINK yes wedding! It could be that they're still negotiating?

let's hope she returns if not that would be an efic fail for the show. it can't be that a friendship of 6 seasons doesn't make it to a wedding. if only for one or two episodes let them return!!

second to last episode the wedding and the last episode one hour of ending the show in a perfect way, rivercourt and a party with all the characters new and old as one big gang of friends.

stellarchick86

[58]Jul 18, 2010
    ^^Agreed. Not to mention, they were best friends since they were what..6 years old or something?

that70sshow2000

[59]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 15
    Were they six? Just curious. I remember, I think it was in s4 when BP were fighting, Mouth saying to Brooke how they have been friends too long for Peyton to not care anymore or something. And he mentions how BP have been friends longer than him and Luke have. And in s1 during that boytoy auction Mouth says he transferred here in, 2nd? grade and that's when he and Lucas become friends and he got introduced to the river court. Sooo yeah, theyve been friends since like 1st grade which is 5(?) years old I think. But yeah, unfortunately I have a feeling the show will see that epic fail and the two best friends won't be there. I mean, to Hilarie BP are just characters on paper basically. Yeah she enjoyed the show (or having a job), yeah she made a video for the fans, but it's still was a job for her and over a year ago at that. I wonder how much actors get paid for returning to a show as a guest star for one episode that they used to be regulars on? B/c I would def be willing to say a few words, cry one more time, and hug Sophia for some $$ (and no! that wasn't a horny, I love Sophia remark, I'm just saying how easy it'd be for the $ you get hahaha).

stellarchick86

[60]Jul 18, 2010
    ^^Im not sure, I remember Ellie saying something about how Brooke wore a lot of makeup for a 10 year old when she used to see them at the bridge thing during that episode of s4. I think Peyton said that her mom died when she was 10 but I could be imagining things. Then I thought someone said something about them being friends since they were 6, which I thought makes sense if Peytons mom died so young because Brooke was a good friend to her at the time and it wouldnt be weird since they had been friends for a few years beforehand rather than like JUST meeting or something. So in my mind it makes sense. IDK though because Im generally not good at keeping up with years/ages/birthdays/etc in tv shows because they are always changing it. This seems like something Aless may know lol