One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

One Tree Hill or The OC???

that70sshow2000

[201]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 15
    In the last 5 mins of the series finale you see Kaitlin in the crowd of humors graduation (set in the future of 5 years) and frank is next to Kaitlin with a lil Boy standing on his lap/... So ya she ends up with a son from and married to frank.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[202]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Yes, Ive seen that, but that doesnt necessarily mean shes married to him. They could just be friends (they have to keep in contact since they have a son) just like Bullit. You could say more than likely they got married since they have a kid together, in the same way that she married Jimmy when she got pregnant with Marissa, but part of her marrying Jimmy was for his money too Im sure; Frank had no money.

that70sshow2000

[203]Jan 4, 2012
    It's open ended; no right answer. It's how Josh wanted to write it to give each fan their "own"ending. Dawsons creek did the same thing. I HATE that kind of stuff.
    It's a series finale. The point is closure, no loose ends or second guessing as the writing is over.

OTH better not do this.

They did the same thing Ryan and Taylor. I wish they said he was with Teresa or at least said NOT Taylor/ bc the way it ended you had all the annoying rylor fans saying "yay omg they ended up togethorz!!!"

And I find it funny that call Ryan had at the veryyyyy end, so many fans had said he was on the phone with Taylor implying he's going home to her.
    ....bc umm that call is so obviously business related. Just listen to his tone AND WORDS.

If that call was supposed to be Taylor or even HINT to be Taylor than ben is a horrible actor bc that dialogue is not personal esque at all not even friend level/

Ps Ben is awEsome, I was just making a point

that70sshow2000

[204]Jan 4, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yes, Ive seen that, but that doesnt necessarily mean shes married to him. They could just be friends (they have to keep in contact since they have a son) just like Bullit. You could say more than likely they got married since they have a kid together, in the same way that she married Jimmy when she got pregnant with Marissa, but part of her marrying Jimmy was for his money too Im sure; Frank had no money.

Weak argument.

You have to remember character dev. Julie married Jim "for money" when she was 18(?) AND pregnant.

And she had already picked Frank(love) over billions at the hot dog stand.

You can't argue frank has no money so they never married when we are talking about the end of the series when Julie had changed and became less materialistic. For your "frank has no money" argument to be valid as to why they're not together you would have to be suggesting s1 Julie invented a time machine and went to the future and that's the Julie we had in the finale.

Which is just not possible bc doc brown retired from time traveling long ago.

stellarchick86

[205]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    Youre giving me a headache. Im just moving on from this dumb argument lol.

that70sshow2000

[206]Jan 4, 2012
    ROTFLMFAO

mallwholesale

[207]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 1

I like the plot twist of the One Tree Hill, like the play task roles,so I bought the One Tree Hill dvd online yesterday, it is cheap, I recommend it to everyone

that70sshow2000

[211]Apr 14, 2012
    Okay I'll bite. Someone really wants her comment to be replied to/seen.

charmed_ncis

[212]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 4

Because I am up late and bored I will respond a year after anyone else has posted... I didn't watch either series until I saw them on Soap.net. I had friends that LOVED The OC so I was determined not to be "one of those people" But I caught an episode of it on SOAP.net and was hooked. It was one of the S1 episodes. I don't think it was the pilot, but not too far into the season. OTH I started watching later. I remember at the time I looked forward to the OC episodes more, until about half way through S3. As several people have pointed out it lost something. I didn't care for Summer's character anymore, I didn't like Taylor's character. It seemed very unlikely that Ryan would fall for her after being with Marisa and Teresa (not sure how the character names were spelled). Now I watch reruns of OTH, but not OC. I think OTH appeals to a wider audience. The plots are not as over the top as The OC. Even the setting is something more people can relate to. I probably have a little more sentimental connection with OTH since I grew up in SC and vacationed at the beach in NC near Wilmington. I agree that OC was funnier, but when OC went dark it went very dark so it needed that comedy to balance. OTH had dark plots, but they didn't seem to stand out like the OC (until S9). Marisa OD'ing in Mexico compared to Rachel OD just not the same. Even the school shooting on OTH didn't seem as "evil" as the situation with Marisa and Volcheck (I think that was his name). OTH had sympathy for Jimmy Edwards and Dan was the series villain, so even though he shot his brother, I don't know it didn't come across as dark. I think I liked that about OTH. I think it gave the series more longevity. Anyway... after all that my vote is OTH.