One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

One Tree Hill or The OC???

Bridgetwala

[81]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    The Oc season was Better then OTH S1 but from S2 OTH get Better then then the OC and season 3 in the OC was a repeat and killing off Marissa did not Help so I think OTH is a Better show for surviving to 5 years and keeping it Farsh unlike the OC
    like OTH have many stories and couple like Leyotn , Brucas , jeyton , Naley , Etc While The OC had 2 power couple like RYan&Marissa and seth&summer and it was really stupid to kill off Marissa
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ramsfan920

[82]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 38
    bumping this up since it has more posts and to avoid multiple threads

dyle123

[83]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 26
    So is the other thread gone now? I guess my post on that one is too... so to summarise it since I don't want to rewrite it: THE OC!

degrassi_lover

[84]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    dyle123 wrote:
    So is the other thread gone now? I guess my post on that one is too... so to summarise it since I don't want to rewrite it: THE OC!

The other one is gone? I'll say it once again lol.. I can't compare either show.. But S3 of The OC is better then S5 of OTH.

Shawerma

[85]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    OTH!!! I watched OC first and when OTH came out I was all like pishhh trying to be OC, but luckily I gave it a chance and I LOVED it! OC was good but then got quite rubbish and the repetitive Ryan/Marissa thing was just plain annoying, I fear Leyton will become like that! Final 5 mins of OC was great though good closure (Summer's wedding dress was disappointing though lol) OTH has had some pretty absurd storylines, but what makes it great is the fact that it's smart (not in the Dawson's Creek "just spit it out already!" kind of way! Although DC was great in it's own right) and sort of poetic, it's a friggin quote factory! I love the parallels throughout the seasons and how they keep characters alive so even if they're gone or dead you are still reminded of them which is realistic! Plus with little Jamie Scott, who can say it's not funny??? I think Josh is doing great with Chuck and Gossip Girl at the moment and hope he will continue doing well, so he's redeeming himself for the OC's bad times.......just my opinion....

OTH all the way!

pinkOTHgirl

[86]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    ^^Wow, I agree with like all of your post. I started off with watching The OC and it was my favorite tv show for a couple of years. I just started watching OTH last year though and it is definitely my favorite show of all time. I hated season 3 & 4 of The OC. I think The OC got worse every season while OTH just keeps getting better and better.

smarties1717

[87]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    OTH definantly! I've seen a couple episodes of OC and it never really caught my interest like One Tree Hill.

therealmoose

[88]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 12

Okay the reason i wacthed the shows was for the storys!! the oc started off great BUT fell inot this pattern of a storyline starting and finishing in 6 epsiodes, eg. trey brought in 6 episodes before being shot left in his 7th episode. they more or less forgot all about the shooting - it was stupid and poor. ryan's dark area in s4,lasted what 3 episodes. Carter in s2. rebbecca even.

Now, lets look at the simalr storylines in oth. keith was shot in S3 but they storyline was so well planned that it was only really finished in the s4 finale. thats a season and a half on one story - brilliant, better than 6 stupid episodes and everything is fine afterwards. even now they still bring up keith. one tree hill brought a story of who tried to kill which lead him to suspecting keith and killing him and being sent to prision. from season 2 one storyline has caused a ripple effect and created other storys, that wouldnt happen in the oc!

VENTED

sarahwinter

[89]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 6
    OTH all the way. the oc was good season 1-3 and is one of my fav shows but season 4 just sucked OTH has been awesome season 1-current season 5 its is and always will be better than the oc
    Edited on 02/27/2008 6:45pm

FriendsSvuLost8

[90]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 25
    Sometimes I like the OC more, sometimes oth. Right now it's oth. It's not very important to me because the're both not my favorite show.

angrodpallanen

[91]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 22
    therealmoose wrote:

Okay the reason i wacthed the shows was for the storys!! the oc started off great BUT fell inot this pattern of a storyline starting and finishing in 6 epsiodes, eg. trey brought in 6 episodes before being shot left in his 7th episode. they more or less forgot all about the shooting - it was stupid and poor. ryan's dark area in s4,lasted what 3 episodes. Carter in s2. rebbecca even.

Are you kidding me? The Marissa shooting Trey thing defined the rest of season 3 for Marissa. Without that she would've never left Harbor, would've never met Johnny, would've never met Volchock and would've never wanted to leave b/c she wasn't made for college, and she would've never died b/c of Volchock. The writers planned all of that from the very second Marissa picked up the gun and shot Trey. You can say a lot about how believable it is, but not that the fallout of the shooting was short.

:

Now, lets look at the simalr storylines in oth. keith was shot in S3 but they storyline was so well planned that it was only really finished in the s4 finale. thats a season and a half on one story - brilliant, better than 6 stupid episodes and everything is fine afterwards. even now they still bring up keith. one tree hill brought a story of who tried to kill which lead him to suspecting keith and killing him and being sent to prision. from season 2 one storyline has caused a ripple effect and created other storys, that wouldnt happen in the oc!

VENTED

I agree that the idea of the entire murder, and everything building up to 3x16 was great. 3x16 was better then season 2 and 3 of The OC combined, but it was also totally different. You see the fallout from Keith's death still echo's five years after it happens. That's very realistic and everything, but also very boring. If you look at the Lilly Kane murder of Veronica Mars, then you know what a full season murder investigation takes, if you compare that to the Keith murder case you'll laugh your *** off because the Keith murder is really not that brilliantly written. Sure the idea of Abby staying and seeing Dan is ok, but it was only there so Dan would go to jail, it didn't make any sense, it was just another storyline the writers of OTH planned, and couldn't find a better way to realize that into a good storyline. It seems like all the writers do this season is make plans of storylines, but not take the time to fill them with twists and turns that make them actually good. The O.C. planned ahead, and succeed in making it. Look at how some of the characters were introduced in season 1; in 1x02 we learn about Caleb though we only meet him in 1x06, in 1x06 we learn that Kirsten has a sister, only we meet her in 1x14, in another episode after that we learn that Caleb is somewhat afraid of Sandy's mother, though we only meet her in 1x23. The characters were easily put in our brains and when they actually showed up it was like they had always been there. That would never happen in Tree Hill. I'm not saying OTH is badly written, b/c it has some good episodes and the first four seasons are addictive and sweet, but they are also very slow and soapy, and in season 5 it has even become more slowly and soapie.
    The OC season 1 was the best season I've ever seen on tv, including the Veronica Mars season 1, it was quick, hilarious, scandelous, brilliant in many ways. That kind of storytelling is only seen in some of the episodes of OTH. It takes more time for OTH to build up great storylines. Look at the 1x27 finale of The OC and the 3x22 finale of OTH. Both amazing finales and both eaqually shocking and devistating. In The O.C. every single character except Julie, faces a terrible, heartbreaking, lonely time and we know it. If those final minutes with Hallelujah don't send you crying off to a corner waiting for life to get better, you don't have a soul. In 3x22 every single big storyline over the past three years has been building up to this very moment. Haley and Nathan finally committing their eternal love again, Brooke and Peyton breaking up, Brooke finally admitting that things aren't going the way they want them to be, Karen being pregnant, Dan apologizing for leaving her, Deb confessing the dealershipfire, EVERYTHING was coming to a close and then there was this huge cliffhanger, or should I say bridgehanger? It was awesome, it was magnificent, it was definatly one of the best episodes of OTH. Conclusion: Both shows are good, but The OC (especially the first season) has a quality that OTH could never reach unless spending three years of storylines to build up such quality. The OC will always be my number one show, even though it has three sloppy seasons, of which one of them has never even come across my screen.

Bliss_West88

[92]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    I love OTH, i have watched OC, every episode but i just perfer OTH. There is a variation of storylines with OTH and not just focusing on 1 or 2 couples! Also OTH deals with serious issues like the school shooting, not issue such as what dress am i going to were to the next party LOL!

othforeverlove

[93]Feb 28, 2008
    I LOVE both The OC and One Tree Hill. They both have different story lines and different aspects. You don't expect 2 shows to be exactly the same. I love each one for differing reasons

dyle123

[94]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 26
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    therealmoose wrote:

Are you kidding me? The Marissa shooting Trey thing defined the rest of season 3 for Marissa. Without that she would've never left Harbor, would've never met Johnny, would've never met Volchock and would've never wanted to leave b/c she wasn't made for college, and she would've never died b/c of Volchock. The writers planned all of that from the very second Marissa picked up the gun and shot Trey. You can say a lot about how believable it is, but not that the fallout of the shooting was short.

:

VENTED

I agree that the idea of the entire murder, and everything building up to 3x16 was great. 3x16 was better then season 2 and 3 of The OC combined, but it was also totally different. You see the fallout from Keith's death still echo's five years after it happens. That's very realistic and everything, but also very boring. If you look at the Lilly Kane murder of Veronica Mars, then you know what a full season murder investigation takes, if you compare that to the Keith murder case you'll laugh your *** off because the Keith murder is really not that brilliantly written. Sure the idea of Abby staying and seeing Dan is ok, but it was only there so Dan would go to jail, it didn't make any sense, it was just another storyline the writers of OTH planned, and couldn't find a better way to realize that into a good storyline. It seems like all the writers do this season is make plans of storylines, but not take the time to fill them with twists and turns that make them actually good. The O.C. planned ahead, and succeed in making it. Look at how some of the characters were introduced in season 1; in 1x02 we learn about Caleb though we only meet him in 1x06, in 1x06 we learn that Kirsten has a sister, only we meet her in 1x14, in another episode after that we learn that Caleb is somewhat afraid of Sandy's mother, though we only meet her in 1x23. The characters were easily put in our brains and when they actually showed up it was like they had always been there. That would never happen in Tree Hill. I'm not saying OTH is badly written, b/c it has some good episodes and the first four seasons are addictive and sweet, but they are also very slow and soapy, and in season 5 it has even become more slowly and soapie.
    The OC season 1 was the best season I've ever seen on tv, including the Veronica Mars season 1, it was quick, hilarious, scandelous, brilliant in many ways. That kind of storytelling is only seen in some of the episodes of OTH. It takes more time for OTH to build up great storylines. Look at the 1x27 finale of The OC and the 3x22 finale of OTH. Both amazing finales and both eaqually shocking and devistating. In The O.C. every single character except Julie, faces a terrible, heartbreaking, lonely time and we know it. If those final minutes with Hallelujah don't send you crying off to a corner waiting for life to get better, you don't have a soul. In 3x22 every single big storyline over the past three years has been building up to this very moment. Haley and Nathan finally committing their eternal love again, Brooke and Peyton breaking up, Brooke finally admitting that things aren't going the way they want them to be, Karen being pregnant, Dan apologizing for leaving her, Deb confessing the dealershipfire, EVERYTHING was coming to a close and then there was this huge cliffhanger, or should I say bridgehanger? It was awesome, it was magnificent, it was definatly one of the best episodes of OTH. Conclusion: Both shows are good, but The OC (especially the first season) has a quality that OTH could never reach unless spending three years of storylines to build up such quality. The OC will always be my number one show, even though it has three sloppy seasons, of which one of them has never even come across my screen.

Yay! I agree with most of what you say, you really hit the nail on the head!

And THANK YOU for responding to the idea that the Trey storyline was done with in the 7th episode and everything was perfect again after; I was shocked when I read that! Did they watch any Marissa scenes from Season Three?! She was far from perfect in that season.

So yeah, The OC's quality episode, storylines and characters are much much better than OTH.

FriendsSvuLost8

[95]Feb 28, 2008
    It still sucks that they killed of Marissa. I'm just not a Taylor fan.

mackymacaspac

[96]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 78
    I love both Taylors.

FriendsSvuLost8

[97]Feb 28, 2008
    mackymacaspac wrote:
    I love both Taylors.

Both? (I'm slow today )

mackymacaspac

[98]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 78

FriendsSvuLost8 wrote:
    mackymacaspac wrote:
    I love both Taylors.
    Both? (I'm slow today )

Autumn Reeser "Taylor Townsend" in The O.C. and Lindsey McKeon "Taylor James" in OTH.

ramsfan920

[99]Feb 28, 2008
    dyle123 wrote:
    angrodpallanen wrote:
    therealmoose wrote:

:

VENTED

I agree that the idea of the entire murder, and everything building up to 3x16 was great. 3x16 was better then season 2 and 3 of The OC combined, but it was also totally different. You see the fallout from Keith's death still echo's five years after it happens. That's very realistic and everything, but also very boring. If you look at the Lilly Kane murder of Veronica Mars, then you know what a full season murder investigation takes, if you compare that to the Keith murder case you'll laugh your *** off because the Keith murder is really not that brilliantly written. Sure the idea of Abby staying and seeing Dan is ok, but it was only there so Dan would go to jail, it didn't make any sense, it was just another storyline the writers of OTH planned, and couldn't find a better way to realize that into a good storyline. It seems like all the writers do this season is make plans of storylines, but not take the time to fill them with twists and turns that make them actually good. The O.C. planned ahead, and succeed in making it. Look at how some of the characters were introduced in season 1; in 1x02 we learn about Caleb though we only meet him in 1x06, in 1x06 we learn that Kirsten has a sister, only we meet her in 1x14, in another episode after that we learn that Caleb is somewhat afraid of Sandy's mother, though we only meet her in 1x23. The characters were easily put in our brains and when they actually showed up it was like they had always been there. That would never happen in Tree Hill. I'm not saying OTH is badly written, b/c it has some good episodes and the first four seasons are addictive and sweet, but they are also very slow and soapy, and in season 5 it has even become more slowly and soapie. The OC season 1 was the best season I've ever seen on tv, including the Veronica Mars season 1, it was quick, hilarious, scandelous, brilliant in many ways. That kind of storytelling is only seen in some of the episodes of OTH. It takes more time for OTH to build up great storylines. Look at the 1x27 finale of The OC and the 3x22 finale of OTH. Both amazing finales and both eaqually shocking and devistating. In The O.C. every single character except Julie, faces a terrible, heartbreaking, lonely time and we know it. If those final minutes with Hallelujah don't send you crying off to a corner waiting for life to get better, you don't have a soul. In 3x22 every single big storyline over the past three years has been building up to this very moment. Haley and Nathan finally committing their eternal love again, Brooke and Peyton breaking up, Brooke finally admitting that things aren't going the way they want them to be, Karen being pregnant, Dan apologizing for leaving her, Deb confessing the dealershipfire, EVERYTHING was coming to a close and then there was this huge cliffhanger, or should I say bridgehanger? It was awesome, it was magnificent, it was definatly one of the best episodes of OTH. Conclusion: Both shows are good, but The OC (especially the first season) has a quality that OTH could never reach unless spending three years of storylines to build up such quality. The OC will always be my number one show, even though it has three sloppy seasons, of which one of them has never even come across my screen.
    Yay! I agree with most of what you say, you really hit the nail on the head! And THANK YOU for responding to the idea that the Trey storyline was done with in the 7th episode and everything was perfect again after; I was shocked when I read that! Did they watch any Marissa scenes from Season Three?! She was far from perfect in that season. So yeah, The OC's quality episode, storylines and characters are much much better than OTH.
    how can you say that garbage they put out those last two seasons were quality? after like episode 5 in season 3 oc was so melodramatic and repetitive it was ridiclous...it was like ryan and marissa were together just for the sake of being together...and one tree hill's school shooting and naley wedding alone were better than any episode in the oc in seasons 3 and 4 (except maybe the finale for season 4 of the oc, which was a bit better than the season 3 finale of the oth)....I used to be the oc's biggest fan and loved seasons 1 and 2 but when it stopped being the oc I watched it inspite of myself which is never a good thing...I'm one of those people that will watch a show no matter how bad it gets if I start watching it in the first place just because I don't like stopping something once I start....but season 3 was so bad for the oc I swore to stop watching season 4....granted I ended up watching like 8 or 9 of the 16 episodes cause there was absoltetely nothing on thursdays that I had an interest in, and now from soapnet I've seen another 2 or 3 but there is still 1 or 2 I haven't seen yet and I refuse to waste money on a dvd that was a terrible product...I have seasons 1 and 2 of the oc and as far as I'm concerned that's good enough for me...I'm not gonna give the writers money for doing a crappy job writing on a show that had so much potential...the oc got worse and worse every season, whereas one tree hill actually improved after a decent season 1, very average season 2, to build a very good season 3 and a great season 4....season 5 is probably the second worse one so far, but it is still better than season 3 or 4 of the oc...which isn't very hard to do considering it was god awful except maybe like 8 episodes in those two seasons combined
    Edited on 02/28/2008 11:30am
    Edited 3 total times.

ramsfan920

[100]Feb 28, 2008
    o and it had nothing to do with killing marissa off either...it was still terrible when she was alive in season 3....killing her was just the nail in the coffin basically