One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

One tree hill timeline

Justlikeheaven_

[1]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 33

I thought i would make a thread to talk about the OTH timeline because i know i always question things about it, and maybe we could finally somewhat figure out the timeline of some things on the show.

The other day i was watching some season 4 episodes and i realized how inconsistent Haley's pregnancy was when she was pregnant with Jamie!!!I noticed that when Brooke was with Nick, he mentioned to her that Graduation was only 3 months away. Which is so weird because when Haley told Nathan she was pregnant, she told him she only knew for a few weeks. That would mean that she was only pregnant for about 4 months....LOL!! It's kinda funny if you ask me.

Edited on 04/01/2012 4:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 32
    I am not even bothering with the timeline anymore. It gives me a headache lol

that70sshow2000

[3]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 15
    I forgot Nick said she graduates in 3 months. This was in the start of s4. So that means s4 started in Mar for sure. S4- Mar to June
    S3- late august to Feb

Mark has said the sex Naley had when they argued about the pills is when she got pregnant. Middle of s3 right? We can say late Oct or Nov. So she was pregnant for 7 months, still too short.

I remember in some you give away the medic asked Luke how long has she been pregnant and Luke said only a few, a few... before he collapsed. Having Luke not say the exact time frame was no mistake on Marks part. He knows how screwed the timeline is and how fans DO notice it.

bronbrons27

[4]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    Oh yeah Haley's pregnancy with Jamie was so messed up LOL. It also seemed like up until 4x11 she had no baby bump at all, but suddenly in 4x12 (I think it's that episode), she suddenly has a big bump (as she couldn't fit into any of her dresses anymore etc).

Also, I noticed in episode 9x12, that the burning boat was the 93rd annual one, and the one in season 1 was the 83rd annual one. Okay, so it's been 10 years overall. But then Jamie's birthdays are waaay off. Because then that would only make him about 8 and a half or 9 right now, and it's definitely been longer than a year and a half/two years since his 7th birthday in season 7...

Justlikeheaven_

[5]Apr 1, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    I forgot Nick said she graduates in 3 months. This was in the start of s4. So that means s4 started in Mar for sure. S4- Mar to June
    S3- late august to Feb

It's so weird though because for so long we always thought that it was Half and half. When really season 3 was most of senior year and season 4 was just the end of it.
    that70sshow2000 wrote:

Mark has said the sex Naley had when they argued about the pills is when she got pregnant. Middle of s3 right? We can say late Oct or Nov. So she was pregnant for 7 months, still too short..

Yeah. The timeline is really messed up when it comes to her pregancy. Jamie was born in June, and 9 months earlier than that is around October. And if you think about it, Nathan and Haley were still separated at that time because i am assuming the masquerade party in "Attempt to tip the scales" was around then.

stellarchick86

[6]Apr 1, 2012
    I know I said I wouldnt, but I have to say this about the timeline lol. In my mind, Brookes end of summer beach bash party could be labor day weekend, the masquerade party would be in September (I know it seems Halloweenish, but I just pretend like its a "start of the school year thing"), "Resurrection" would then be early October, the Ellie eps would be Oct/Nov/Dec, the school shooting around Jan, Naleys wedding in Feb, and then s4 picks up in Feb until June. I just ignore all the time referrences that the characters make, like "its been 6 weeks" or something like that. And it would make sense to me because s4 didnt have that much going on except for the point-shaving as far as things that took place in more than one day (like the prom episodes could only take up one week in time). The only problem would be, would Haley wait 4 months to tell Nathan shes pregnant? From Oct to Feb. So the pregnancy thing still throws us for a loop lol I guess its POSSIBLE. She didnt plan it so she didnt know the first 2 months or so, and then the next 2 months she wanted to find a good time to say it but with the school shooting and all she couldnt but.
    Edited on 04/01/2012 7:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

that70sshow2000

[7]Apr 1, 2012
    I can't see plausibly Haley knowing she's pregnant and not telling Nathan for two months. To wait to find a good time sure but she wouldn't wait two months. Like even with the school shooting, just the day after or so Naley were laying in bed talking comfortable and she wouldn slip in an I'm pregnant? Or how about the entire time their at the cabin? Um whn Nathan proposes by the lake maybe? It just isn't Haley to keep that to herself from Nathan.

that70sshow2000

[8]Apr 1, 2012
    But the actual timeline for s3 you made I agree with and should be the official timeline of s3 and 4 among fans. Best explanation to date sooo.

And I didn't even realize HS year could not start til mid September or so. So Brookes end of summer party could be almost 2 weeks into sept. Seems like s3/4 and s1/2 timeline are similar with s1/3 going til Feb or so of that year and then 2/4 finishing it off.

Except s2 taken place from Feb to June is pretty ridiculous considering all that happened/

stellarchick86

[9]Apr 1, 2012

The Haley pregnancy thing is the only thing I could think of that would make even the smallest amount of sense. Maybe with all of the stress and things going on during s3 she didnt realize that she even was pregnant and then with the school shooting and what not, it was just bad timing. Then ofc I think she wanted to tell Nathan after they got married, with her 'Ive got something to tell you' but then ofc with everything goin on with the limo accident, she didnt.

School years usually start right after labor day, or at least as far as I know. So I always say that everything up until 'First Day On A Brand New Planet' or whatever that episode is titled takes place in early Sept. Then everything from there until 'Resurrection' takes place in Sept until October.

S1/2 is a little harder to figure out. I always say its March because it looks so 'springy' when they return in s2 with their clothes, Breyton being in the water, plus it would make sense for Karen to be able to let Lucas go during their spring break, but could s2 really take place from March until June? I guess its plausible, 4 months. Esp. since with this show, a lot of episodes will pick up the next day or within the same week. I dont usually assume that tv show episodes take place one week later unless they tell us specifically

Edited on 04/01/2012 9:29pm

Justlikeheaven_

[10]Apr 2, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I know I said I wouldnt, but I have to say this about the timeline lol. In my mind, Brookes end of summer beach bash party could be labor day weekend, the masquerade party would be in September (I know it seems Halloweenish, but I just pretend like its a "start of the school year thing"), "Resurrection" would then be early October, the Ellie eps would be Oct/Nov/Dec, the school shooting around Jan, Naleys wedding in Feb, and then s4 picks up in Feb until June. I just ignore all the time referrences that the characters make, like "its been 6 weeks" or something like that. And it would make sense to me because s4 didnt have that much going on except for the point-shaving as far as things that took place in more than one day (like the prom episodes could only take up one week in time). The only problem would be, would Haley wait 4 months to tell Nathan shes pregnant? From Oct to Feb. So the pregnancy thing still throws us for a loop lol I guess its POSSIBLE. She didnt plan it so she didnt know the first 2 months or so, and then the next 2 months she wanted to find a good time to say it but with the school shooting and all she couldnt but.
    Yeah, i guess that could be right about tthe timeline for season 3. I have always thought that 3x04 was Halloween because of the costumes and everything. I just don't think that the pregnancy adds up. If she actually got pregnant when she forgot her birth control pills. From what we know, they slept with each other after the school shooting, and that night after Nathan made the speech to that reverend guy to be able to use the grounds for their wedding. And i know that we have always gotten mixed up with the shooting because Keith grave says January and Jimmy's says March, but i am thinking that it was really January when it happened.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    S1/2 is a little harder to figure out. I always say its March because it looks so 'springy' when they return in s2 with their clothes, Breyton being in the water, plus it would make sense for Karen to be able to let Lucas go during their spring break, but could s2 really take place from March until June? I guess its plausible, 4 months. Esp. since with this show, a lot of episodes will pick up the next day or within the same week. I dont usually assume that tv show episodes take place one week later unless they tell us specifically

I used to always have trouble figuring out the season 1 and 2 timeline, but then since i have been watching my boxsets like crazy since January, i have noticed things that i didn't. Like in 1x02, there was a calendar behind lucas in one of his scenes that said October. So we can safely say that season 1 started for sure in October.I just don't know around what month it was when season 1 ended. But we kinda know that season 2 ended around May-ish because in the season 2 finale when Lucas went to see Haley, they went during finals. And i guess in the middle of season 2 it was around April because that is when the time capsule was made. (it was shown in season3on the thing mounted on the wall where the time capsule was buried) It said buried April like 25th or something like that.

Edited on 04/02/2012 8:47am
    Edited 2 total times.

stellarchick86

[11]Apr 2, 2012
    Hmm.. I dont know. I try to ignore time referrences like that, like the calendar, because thats what it is in real-time. I just assume that s1 started at the beginning of the year/basketball season and that when Nathan and Tim stole the schoolbus and what not, it was after their first game and that was their way of celebrating lol. Then everything that lead up to Brucas was Sept to October, Brucas eps were from Oct to Jan, and then the last part of the season was Jan till March. Im not saying Im right, Im just saying its the tiniest bit plausible to me. YMMV.
    Edited on 04/02/2012 11:58am

TreeHill_89

[12]Apr 2, 2012
    Reading about the timeline confuses me and gives me a headache lol I can not and don't think I'll ever know OTH timeline. I don't even think Mark can lol but yeah I deco agree Haley's pregnancy was confusing, especially when you add Karen's pregnancy as well

Justlikeheaven_

[13]Apr 2, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hmm.. I dont know. I try to ignore time referrences like that, like the calendar, because thats what it is in real-time. I just assume that s1 started at the beginning of the year/basketball season and that when Nathan and Tim stole the schoolbus and what not, it was after their first game and that was their way of celebrating lol. Then everything that lead up to Brucas was Sept to October, Brucas eps were from Oct to Jan, and then the last part of the season was Jan till March. Im not saying Im right, Im just saying its the tiniest bit plausible to me. YMMV.
    You have a good theory. I don't know, i always thought that 1x02 was around October because even in the pilot, it seemed like they had already had been welll into the school year for a few weeks. Season 2 and 3 timeline is actually easier to figure out than the season 1 one. Season 1 timeilne is almost impossible to me. Season 2 seems easier to figure out because there are things mentioned and stuff, like how long Haleys tour was and stuff like that. And the mentioning of finals at the end of that season. Even though you may think the time capsule thing is irrelevant because of real time, i am thinking that it really was April in the middle of season 2. I looked because i was curious, since you mentioned about real time, and the episode in season 2 when the gang recorded their time capsule entries, that episode aired in Feb. LOL. You know what else i have always wondered about? How long Nathan and Haley were seperated after she came back to tree hill.

stellarchick86

[14]Apr 2, 2012

^Really? I always felt like it was sort of towards the beginning of the school year. Not like the first day or anything but closer than sometime in October, considering that most school starts after labor day (which would be like what, the 5th or 6th of September? Somewhere around there). I dont know. YMMV.

And yeah I dont know. Had Haley stayed on the tour the whole time, Id say a few months for sure because they were probably going all over the US. But considering that she came home early, Im just GUESSING, maybe a month or a month and a half? Even that still seems pretty contrived to me considering that even though Haley was smart and probably did some homework early, a month and half's worth of homework, which would include 5-6 classes, and being on a rocktour which includes not only the shows but the promotion/rehearsals/etc...theres just not that much time for that. If she were being homeschooled, like the kids on American Idol, thats one thing. But I got the impression that she was on her own and she was forced to just try to get it in as early as possible. It wouldve made more sense to me if she just dropped out, took summer school to make up those classes (we wouldnt need to see it and Nathan was at High Flyers so what else would she really have going on) and then started back up again in s3.

Justlikeheaven_

[15]Apr 2, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

And yeah I dont know. Had Haley stayed on the tour the whole time, Id say a few months for sure because they were probably going all over the US. But considering that she came home early, Im just GUESSING, maybe a month or a month and a half? Even that still seems pretty contrived to me considering that even though Haley was smart and probably did some homework early, a month and half's worth of homework, which would include 5-6 classes, and being on a rocktour which includes not only the shows but the promotion/rehearsals/etc...theres just not that much time for that. If she were being homeschooled, like the kids on American Idol, thats one thing. But I got the impression that she was on her own and she was forced to just try to get it in as early as possible. It wouldve made more sense to me if she just dropped out, took summer school to make up those classes (we wouldnt need to see it and Nathan was at High Flyers so what else would she really have going on) and then started back up again in s3.

Sometimes, it is so hard to think that it would have actually been just a month or a month and a half because of how angry and depressed Nathan was. It's kinda funny actually. The tour supposed to be 12 weeks so that 3 months and since we know she came home early....i would say 2 months is about right. right? It kinda would make sense because if the time stamp was right for the time capsule being in April (it was around the time haley left) then two months after that would be June. And then when she came home, Nathan was heading to High flyers right after that. And that was all summer.

bronbrons27

[16]Apr 2, 2012
    ^^ Yeah I agree! I think that Haley left in April, and since she came home early from the tour, it can still make sense that she came back in June. It's still kinda crazy to think that everything that happened in season 2, all happened in about 3 months though, hahaha. So Felix and Anna were only around for about a month and a half to two months...

Also, about Haley's schoolwork, I imagine that she just did summer school that year as well, while Nathan was away. Although we never really find out where Haley lived during that summer, which I always found weird...

stellarchick86

[17]Apr 2, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    It's still kinda crazy to think that everything that happened in season 2, all happened in about 3 months though, hahaha. So Felix and Anna were only around for about a month and a half to two months...
    A lot of stuff goes down in small towns apparently haha. The Felix/Anna stuff doesnt make much sense to me though. I mean to drop out around March, stay in TH for about a month, and then go back in May/June just in time for finals? Okay...

bronbrons27 wrote:
    Also, about Haley's schoolwork, I imagine that she just did summer school that year as well, while Nathan was away.

Yeah. Maybe she did afterall. I just remember Nathan saying that she was so far ahead of everyone that it doesnt matter or something like that.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Although we never really find out where Haley lived during that summer, which I always found weird...

THAT was really odd. I assumes she stayed with Lucas at first. She prob. took Lucas' bed and then Lucas took the couch, like when Lucas moved back home after staying with Dan and Brooke was in his room. But then in 3x01, its like he was seeing her again for the first time in 3 months. Then I assumed maybe she went back into the apartment, but we see her back in the apartment again in 3x01 for the first time where Brooke walks in. I guess we can assume she stayed at the Scott house? In 3x01 Nathan says she can stay there even though hes going to High Flyers but even still, she wouldve seen Lucas. I think they really did it to play up the "its just going to be me and you this summer" thing with LP but it didnt make much sense with Haley.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Sometimes, it is so hard to think that it would have actually been just a month or a month and a half because of how angry and depressed Nathan was. It's kinda funny actually. The tour supposed to be 12 weeks so that 3 months and since we know she came home early....i would say 2 months is about right. right? It kinda would make sense because if the time stamp was right for the time capsule being in April (it was around the time haley left) then two months after that would be June. And then when she came home, Nathan was heading to High flyers right after that. And that was all summer.

Yep sounds good to me. And yeah it is kind of weird to think about, though I guess we can say that Nathan was mad for a long time, because he was mad before that with CK trying to interfere, like the prom episode where Haley records with him, Taylor emailing and screwing around, and then the final straw was her leaving. So I think he felt mad about everything going on and then with Haley leaving he felt upset too.

Justlikeheaven_

[18]Apr 2, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Yep sounds good to me. And yeah it is kind of weird to think about, though I guess we can say that Nathan was mad for a long time, because he was mad before that with CK trying to interfere, like the prom episode where Haley records with him, Taylor emailing and screwing around, and then the final straw was her leaving. So I think he felt mad about everything going on and then with Haley leaving he felt upset too.

Yeah i guess so. There was really only a short period of time in the beginning of their marriage when they were happily married and not having problems. It just so weird to think about because to me, A LOT happened in season 2 and if we conclude that season 2 was a span of about 3 months, it all happened very quickly. I mean, even if we aren't talking about the Nathan/Haley/Chris tour situation.....Keith/Jules dated and got engaged pretty quickly then. ALMOST as quick as Nathan and Haley did....which i find funny.
    stellarchick86 wrote:

THAT was really odd. I assumes she stayed with Lucas at first. She prob. took Lucas' bed and then Lucas took the couch, like when Lucas moved back home after staying with Dan and Brooke was in his room. But then in 3x01, its like he was seeing her again for the first time in 3 months. Then I assumed maybe she went back into the apartment, but we see her back in the apartment again in 3x01 for the first time where Brooke walks in. I guess we can assume she stayed at the Scott house? In 3x01 Nathan says she can stay there even though hes going to High Flyers but even still, she wouldve seen Lucas. I think they really did it to play up the "its just going to be me and you this summer" thing with LP but it didnt make much sense with Haley

I always just assumed that she stayed with Lucas because i thought that when Nathan had told Haley that she could stay there, that it was just a one night sleeping arrangement, but i could be completely wrong about that.

bronbrons27

[19]Apr 2, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    There was really only a short period of time in the beginning of their marriage when they were happily married and not having problems. It just so weird to think about because to me, A LOT happened in season 2 and if we conclude that season 2 was a span of about 3 months, it all happened very quickly. I mean, even if we aren't talking about the Nathan/Haley/Chris tour situation.....Keith/Jules dated and got engaged pretty quickly then. ALMOST as quick as Nathan and Haley did....which i find funny.
    Yeah, I mean the first half of season 2 (until Haley goes on tour) essentially takes place in about a month and a half... which is crazy, really. Naley must have been happily married for maybe about 2-3 weeks before it all started to fall apart because of Chris...
    And yeah the Keith/Jules stuff was super fast too, I know they were supposed to be engaged pretty fast, but still...
    Also, I was just thinking, Karen and Andy couldn't have dated for that long either, really. Like two and a half months, tops. And Felix/Brooke didn't really last that long either...

It's kinda insane really, the amount of stuff that happens in seasons 1-2 (and even 3-4 as well), yet it all took place in just ONE school year... makes my life seem boring in comparison, lol, but it is a TV show afterall, I suppose.

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    THAT was really odd. I assumes she stayed with Lucas at first. She prob. took Lucas' bed and then Lucas took the couch, like when Lucas moved back home after staying with Dan and Brooke was in his room. But then in 3x01, its like he was seeing her again for the first time in 3 months. Then I assumed maybe she went back into the apartment, but we see her back in the apartment again in 3x01 for the first time where Brooke walks in. I guess we can assume she stayed at the Scott house? In 3x01 Nathan says she can stay there even though hes going to High Flyers but even still, she wouldve seen Lucas. I think they really did it to play up the "its just going to be me and you this summer" thing with LP but it didnt make much sense with Haley

I always just assumed that she stayed with Lucas because i thought that when Nathan had told Haley that she could stay there, that it was just a one night sleeping arrangement, but i could be completely wrong about that.
    The only problem with the reason of Haley staying with Lucas though, is that in 3x01, Haley sees Lucas at the rivercourt and it's like they're finally seeing each again after 3 months, like stellar already said. Lucas even says "that depends, are you back for good?" and Haley says "or for bad" or something like that, and then they hug. But even if Haley did stay at the Scott house all summer, it's completely unrealistic that she didn't even see Lucas once..

that70sshow2000

[20]Apr 2, 2012
    It's been awhile but didn't that river court scene take place in the flashback part of the episode where they were showing events that happened three months ago (ie like the scene with Peyton and Lucas in 301 that happened after the fire that night).

Also about Karen and Andy, her class time line is also screwy. In the beginning s2 they showed her first day of class. Near the end they showed the ending like when Dan came in. I guess we can just say it was what they call a "mid-semester" class.