One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

One tree hill timeline

that70sshow2000

[41]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 15
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ya know what makes everything even more confusing is the fact that 4 years of high school were only 2 years of actual time yet it still needed to look current. For example, the show started in 2003, so s1-2 would be 2003/4 and s3/4 would be 2004-2005. But when they graduated, since it was 4 years later, it would be in 2007. I think thats why they had Haley go into labor because then it distracted everyone before they could say the graduation year because it would make sense for the show to be class of 2005 but the audience would be confused as to why it wasnt class of 2007 in real-world time. Its kind of a brain blaster lol

Well the show still put up a sign saying class of 2007.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[42]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Did it? I honestly dont remember. I just know that Haley went into labor during her speech and the speech is always before the cap toss. I guess then s1-2 would be 2005 - 2006 and s3-4 would be 2006 - 2007

that70sshow2000

[43]Apr 5, 2012
    The banner said class of 2007.

Justlikeheaven_

[44]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 33

stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Did it? I honestly dont remember. I just know that Haley went into labor during her speech and the speech is always before the cap toss. I guess then s1-2 would be 2005 - 2006 and s3-4 would be 2006 - 2007
    Well....From what i remember when the time capsule was released in season 3, the thing mounted on the wall said that the time capsule buried April 2005 and to be opened in 2055. So that means season 1-2 was year 2004-2005. Because season 2 was the end of their junior year. But there is a gap. If the banner at the graduation said 2007.

Edited on 04/05/2012 7:21pm

bronbrons27

[45]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^^ Yeah the years are all really off. They definitely did the time capsule in 2005, although that doesn't make sense for graduating in 2007.

Also, I don't remember the exact episode, I think it's around 6x12 or so, when Nathan has quit slamball and is watching the final game on TV, the announcer says it's the "2008 slamball championship", which makes absolutely NO sense, as that would have been after the 4 year time jump too, lol.

stellarchick86

[46]Apr 5, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    when Nathan has quit slamball and is watching the final game on TV, the announcer says it's the "2008 slamball championship", which makes absolutely NO sense, as that would have been after the 4 year time jump too, lol.

LOL!! I think the writers either just use the year that they are in in real-time or just pull years out of their a$$ LOL

stellarchick86

[47]Apr 5, 2012

Everyone was trying to figure out the timeline for OTH on IMDB as well because of the flashforward in the finale and this is what someone said:

"Re: What year was it in One Tree Hill? by reid_alexa 14 minutes ago (Thu Apr 5 2012 20:02:35) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhaha you guys are all so funny. Its been long known that the timeline doesn't make a lick of sense in One Tree Hill. The five year leap effed everything up. People have just learned to ignore it. If the first 4 seasons were supposed to be prior to the actual years then basically they made so many mistakes it was unbelievable. From popular culture events that happened, musicians who hadn't put those songs out prior to the show being made, Iraq war, fashion trends, tombstones, the shooting being based off columbine, vehicles (Brooke's car hello?). Everything would be all wrong. That being said, if we look at all the stuff that was in the passed couple seasons there are the same mistakes from vehicles to pop culture trends. There is no realistic time line in tree hill. Nothing would make sense. It has been said that OTH is using a "floating timeline" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline#One_Tree_Hill"

Edited on 04/05/2012 8:18pm

Justlikeheaven_

[48]Apr 5, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Yeah the years are all really off. They definitely did the time capsule in 2005, although that doesn't make sense for graduating in 2007.

Also, I don't remember the exact episode, I think it's around 6x12 or so, when Nathan has quit slamball and is watching the final game on TV, the announcer says it's the "2008 slamball championship", which makes absolutely NO sense, as that would have been after the 4 year time jump too, lol.
    . Wow. Thats really funny. I am thinking that they dont want to use a year that is wayyyyyyyy later than real time. Because if they all graduated in 2007, tree hill time would be in year 2016 with jamie 9 years old. But now that we had a time jump of jamie in high school (assuming age 17) that would mean that tree hill time ended at year 2022 when its only 2012. LOL!

that70sshow2000

[49]Apr 6, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Everyone was trying to figure out the timeline for OTH on IMDB as well because of the flashforward in the finale and this is what someone said:

"Re: What year was it in One Tree Hill? by reid_alexa 14 minutes ago (Thu Apr 5 2012 20:02:35) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhaha you guys are all so funny. Its been long known that the timeline doesn't make a lick of sense in One Tree Hill. The five year leap effed everything up. People have just learned to ignore it. If the first 4 seasons were supposed to be prior to the actual years then basically they made so many mistakes it was unbelievable. From popular culture events that happened, musicians who hadn't put those songs out prior to the show being made, Iraq war, fashion trends, tombstones, the shooting being based off columbine, vehicles (Brooke's car hello?). Everything would be all wrong. That being said, if we look at all the stuff that was in the passed couple seasons there are the same mistakes from vehicles to pop culture trends. There is no realistic time line in tree hill. Nothing would make sense. It has been said that OTH is using a "floating timeline" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_timeline#One_Tree_Hill"

Come on thats being way too nick picky. What do you want mark to do, create clothes and cars that he THINKS will be in 2015 ?? Lol

stellarchick86

[50]Apr 6, 2012
    ^Lol I dont know. Thats why I never follow flashforward stuff. I remember in Desperate Housewives they flashforwarded 5 years and people were complaining because they were talking about how bad the economy was and stuff like that. Im like the economys been bad since at least 2008, if not earlier, I dont think its contrived LOL

Justlikeheaven_

[51]Apr 6, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Lol I dont know. Thats why I never follow flashforward stuff. I remember in Desperate Housewives they flashforwarded 5 years and people were complaining because they were talking about how bad the economy was and stuff like that. Im like the economys been bad since at least 2008, if not earlier, I dont think its contrived LOL

In tree hill time it would be like 2022 at the end of the finale. Assuming that Jamie was 17 in the time jump. It would be weird to be honest, if they used years that were way off to what real time is. Atleast we can assume what tree hill years were even though the writers just used what the real year was.

that70sshow2000

[52]Apr 6, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I don't WATCH desperate housewives but my "fiancée" does so I know about the flashforward.. I don't get why people would complain about something like that... What, the economy can only be bad at one point in time? Or once the economy recovers it can't crash or go down again? Jeez speaking of nit picky.

that70sshow2000

[53]Apr 6, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

In tree hill time it would be like 2022 at the end of the finale. Assuming that Jamie was 17 in the time jump. It would be weird to be honest, if they used years that were way off to what real time is. Atleast we can assume what tree hill years were even though the writers just used what the real year was.

If a show has a time jump like OTH in the storyline I don't think itd be weird to see a different year than in real time. For ex say in 5.18 when the newspapers were thrown at Lucas' porch, if the year had said 2012 BACK THEN when it was 2008 in real life (wow LOL) I don't think it's be weird bc the people watching know the time jump. Besides how often would the year actually be shown or said anyway? Now I can see in s1-4 them not showing different years /months than real life bc it wasn't that obvious at least to the casual viewer that it was supposed to be half a school year each.

However in s5 not only was it obvious that it was several years later from s4 but it was told in the story in the premiere so it woulda made sense and not been confusing. And if a viewer doesn't watch enough to realize there's been a time jump then whatever let that dumbass viewer be confused LOL

stellarchick86

[54]Apr 6, 2012
    ^Why "fiance"? Is she imaginery? LOL

that70sshow2000

[55]Apr 6, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Not official just yet

that70sshow2000

[56]Apr 6, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Oh and have you ever seen big bang theory? You know sheldons very soft sarcastic chuckle be does, that's the noise I made reading this comment.

Here, just for you stellar:

http://m.youtube.com/?dc=organic&source=mog#/watch?v=Y4QFb8JrKRE

stellarchick86

[57]Apr 6, 2012
    Well shes a very lucky lady lol

that70sshow2000

[58]Apr 6, 2012
    Umm k

that70sshow2000

[59]Apr 6, 2012
    Did you open my gift?

bronbrons27

[60]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 14
    I just thought of something else to do with the timeline, that I've always found kinda weird, but forgot to mention until now:

We're supposed to assume that Quentin was a senior in season 5/6 right? Because he kept talking about basketball scholarships to get into college etc and how he needed to play really well that season in order to get one. Plus, he definitely looks like he was a senior, in fact I'm pretty sure the actor, Robbie Jones, was actually older than all of the core 5 character actors.
    But anyway, if he was in fact a senior that year, then how come when Sam started at Tree Hill High, she was in the same class as Quentin? It's mentioned a lot that Sam was only 15, so there is no way that she could have been a senior....
    Just something that I always wondered about.