One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

One tree hill timeline

stellarchick86

[61]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Yeah. S6 was also weird because I can assume that s5 started in January and last until the summer, but then when they start up again in s6, Haleys class is the same class, its not like its a new class or anything like that. The only thing I can think of is that maybe s5 is supposed to start in Sept, rather than Jan, but just that the network pushed it back for whatever reason, and so s6 started in Jan or March, just like s1-2 did.
    Edited on 04/11/2012 10:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[62]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 33

I have been wondering about season 1, and i know we were talking about it before so i found this interesting that may help with the timeline. I was watching season 1 not too long ago and i remember Jake telling Lucas that Jenny was 6 months, when lucas first found out about Jenny (i think it was the open mic night ep). And then later on in the season, the boy toy auction, Jake had told Nicki that Jenny was 9 months. So i guess we can assume that 3 months had past between those episodes? I don't know, it's a possibility. And also, i am watching season 3 now, and i think we know how long Dan's mayoral election was. Deb had mentioned in the beginning that it was 60 days that she had to wait for her divorce to be final because of Dans election. So 2 months we can assume. From Midnight madness episode to "How a resurrection really feels".

Edited on 04/12/2012 12:15pm

that70sshow2000

[63]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yeah. S6 was also weird because I can assume that s5 started in January and last until the summer, but then when they start up again in s6, Haleys class is the same class, its not like its a new class or anything like that. The only thing I can think of is that maybe s5 is supposed to start in Sept, rather than Jan, but just that the network pushed it back for whatever reason, and so s6 started in Jan or March, just like s1-2 did.

Then how did Jamie's birthday which takes place in June happen in 5.15 or whenever?

stellarchick86

[64]Apr 12, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Then how did Jamie's birthday which takes place in June happen in 5.15 or whenever?

Oh yeah, good point LOL thats why I always figured those last few episodes in s5 took place in June, esp. since Brooke wanted to take Angie to the beach. So I guess it really is just screwy then lol

that70sshow2000

[65]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    Atleast marks aware of his crappy timeline and makes fun of it.

I remember one time in s8 in tric asked him when's his bday and Jamie said something "it seems to change all the time."

Looking at the show from a real life real people way, not sure why Jamie would say that but it shows mark knows he screws up he timeline

stellarchick86

[66]Apr 12, 2012
    Lol exactly

Justlikeheaven_

[67]May 3, 2012
    I know we know that the OTH timeline is screwed up big time, but i was just thinking about how messed up the time is around Nathan and Haley's wedding. The first time. I know we know that in season 1 they supposedly got married at night, but their wedding scene in season 2 was during the day, but not only that, in the season 1 finale, they made it seem like it was a spontanious decision and that they were getting married right then and there, but we saw those flashbacks to Nathan and Haley going to ask haleys parents for permission. I just thought that was funny. There have been some crazy timeline mess ups, but the timeline around that is by far the most messed up and most confusing.

stellarchick86

[68]May 3, 2012
    Yeah, that was pretty messed up. I dont really see why the writers didnt just say 'We got married this morning' anyway, considering that Im going to assume that even if you get a minister to perform the ceremony, they arent going to be available 24/7. So their availability being earlier in the morning rather than say 10-11pm makes way more sense. Then they can say that they decided to get married/have sex that night after the game, went to Lydia and Jimmy in the morning, and then get married later in the morning/early afternoon. Then Lucas came by around 3 or 4.

Justlikeheaven_

[69]May 4, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, that was pretty messed up. I dont really see why the writers didnt just say 'We got married this morning' anyway, considering that Im going to assume that even if you get a minister to perform the ceremony, they arent going to be available 24/7. So their availability being earlier in the morning rather than say 10-11pm makes way more sense. Then they can say that they decided to get married/have sex that night after the game, went to Lydia and Jimmy in the morning, and then get married later in the morning/early afternoon. Then Lucas came by around 3 or 4.

Yeah the time around Lucas coming to say goodbye is weird because Lucas came by and that is when Haley said they got married last night, but in 2x01 they both said to each other that they got married last night, but right after that Nathan got that phone call that Dan had the heart attack, and they had gone to the hospital to see Dan. And Lucas and Keith were already in Charleston then.

stellarchick86

[70]May 4, 2012
    Yeah, very strange. I think they just did not plan that out well at all.