One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Should this show have continued without Peyton and Lucas?

Should this show have continued without Peyton and Lucas?

stellarchick86

[41]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^I agree with everything you said.

About Haley, yeah I know Ive been watching those eps lol I just meant previous to s7 because depending on whether LP came back or not may change SLs around. Im not sure if they wouldve done the Lydia thing had LP not left at all. They may have figured that the first half of s7 was kind of slow so they needed something to build it back up again, but it may not have been as slow without 2 of the main characters there because they wouldnt have spent so much time with introducing new characters which slowed it down a bit. You know what I mean? Plus it might been a way to bring LP fans back since Id imagine that LP fans like Haley more than Brooke so they gave Haley the more dramatic stuff that season and then just gave it to Brooke later on. Plus they already had Quinn and Haley there, so it was probably a way to integrate Quinn into the family where as if it were juat Haley, Taylor and Lydia I dont know if they woudlve or not. Maybe, but maybe not.

Edited on 02/11/2012 10:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[42]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 33
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Haley also had depression, after her mom died in season 7. But yeah I see what you're saying about the possible Lucas depression/addiction storyline, I think I could see that happening, and then he quits because of Sawyer etc.

I could see Lucas more with an alcoholic problem, not necessarily drugs. I could have seen something happening to peyton and sawyer, in a car crash or something, because we know how the Scott's are with car crashes and then he feels responsible somehow, so then he starts to drink. lol.

stellarchick86

[43]Feb 12, 2012
    Well they KIND OF did that with Nathan in s5 so thats why I thought anti-depressants because they havent gone through that route yet with anyone up until s7. Deb was painkillers which really isnt the same thing. Plus they did the ADs with Clay and Clay was basically Lucas' replacement so. Having said all that though, I do think an alcohol problem with Lucas wouldve been interesting
    Edited on 02/12/2012 5:00pm

bronbrons27

[44]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 14
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Haley also had depression, after her mom died in season 7. But yeah I see what you're saying about the possible Lucas depression/addiction storyline, I think I could see that happening, and then he quits because of Sawyer etc.

I could see Lucas more with an alcoholic problem, not necessarily drugs. I could have seen something happening to peyton and sawyer, in a car crash or something, because we know how the Scott's are with car crashes and then he feels responsible somehow, so then he starts to drink. lol.
    Yeah I could see Lucas with an alcohol problem as well. Like Stellar said, they already kind of did it with Nathan.... but I wouldn't have minded seeing it done with Lucas too. And then since Nathan was already a bit experienced with depression/alcoholism, him and Peyton could be the ones to help him though it, so we could get more Nathan/Peyton scenes, as I miss their scenes from seasons 1-4 as well.

I'm not completely sure about it being a car crash that causes it though... there are already WAY too many car crashes on OTH.... One a season, except season 7.

stellarchick86

[45]Feb 12, 2012
    ^Yeah, agreed. Peyton and Lucas had already been in one (P in s6 and L in s1) and people get touchy when there are kids in the car. It was already crazy enough when Jamie was in the car in s8 but he wasnt a baby at least.

that70sshow2000

[46]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 15
    Speaking of which, we need one last symbolic OTH car crash somewhere In the next 8 episodes. Was there one in s7? I don't think so which means that was the only season without. I thought s6 was the last one to have it but then I remembered the accident on the bridge in s8.

Justlikeheaven_

[47]Feb 13, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Speaking of which, we need one last symbolic OTH car crash somewhere In the next 8 episodes. Was there one in s7? I don't think so which means that was the only season without. I thought s6 was the last one to have it but then I remembered the accident on the bridge in s8.

Yeah, see that is the thing, as crazy as it sounds, car crashes are symbolic to OTH, Was there a car crash in season 5? I can't remember.

LeytonTLA

[48]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 16

i dont think there was a crash ... there probably was it is oth after all

Justlikeheaven_

[49]Feb 13, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

i dont think there was a crash ... there probably was it is oth after all

Oh, wait, there was. I remember now. Dan got run over. I think it was around the time when Dan was waiting for a heart. So i the only season that didnt have a car crash was season 7. probably this season too because i dont think we will be seeing a last OTH car crash.

LeytonTLA

[50]Feb 13, 2012

oh yeah its the last episode of s5 when nanny carrie runs him over .... yeah i doubt they will have a crash this season who would it be do you think if they did? Maybe Mouth hes never been in a crash ...

Justlikeheaven_

[51]Feb 13, 2012

LeytonTLA wrote:

oh yeah its the last episode of s5 when nanny carrie runs him over .... yeah i doubt they will have a crash this season who would it be do you think if they did? Maybe Mouth hes never been in a crash ...

Car crashes seem to be a Scott family thing lol.. s1-Lucas, s2-Nathan, S3- Cooper, related to a scott sorta, s4-Haley a scott by marriage, s5-Dan, s6-Peyton, a scott by marriage, and then s8-Jamie was in the car. Although, the season 3 crash involved Rachel, and the season 8 crash involved Brooke. lol.

Edited on 02/13/2012 12:49pm

that70sshow2000

[52]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 15
    ^lol I was like seriously?! Of course there was, when Dan got ran over in 5.18!

S1- Lucas & Keith
    S2- Nathan
    S3- Cooper & Rachel/Haley & Nathan
    S4- Daunte hitting Haley
    S5- Carrie/Dan S6- Peyton
    S7- None! (ruined the streak)
    S8- Bridge
    S9- TBA!

Justlikeheaven_

[53]Feb 13, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    !

lol. There should have been a car crash, as horrible as that sounds! Car crashes are like OTH's thing.

bronbrons27

[54]Feb 13, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    !

lol. There should have been a car crash, as horrible as that sounds! Car crashes are like OTH's thing.
    Haha yeah that's true actually. I think that if they have one this season, it should include either Mouth, Clay or Quinn. As they're main characters who haven't been involved in one yet, and pretty much every other main character has at some point.

Then again, I wouldn't mind if Chuck was in a car crash either.....

LeytonTLA

[55]Feb 13, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    !

Haha yeah that's true actually. I think that if they have one this season, it should include either Mouth, Clay or Quinn. As they're main characters who haven't been involved in one yet, and pretty much every other main character has at some point.

haha thats mean hes just a kid ..... i do however agree.... yeah im thinking maybe mouth should crash on the way to his wedding or something assuming he has one, even if its just a mini crash, cant believe season 7 ruined the streak!!!

Justlikeheaven_

[56]Feb 13, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    !

If they did one this season, unlikely though, it should be Clay and Quinn. Besides, Chuck kinda was already in a car crash. The season 8 car crash involved Chuck, Madison and Lauren too, it was just Jamie and Brooke who got the worst part of it. I am really upset though that they didn't do a car crash in season 7. haha! They could have made it work perfectly and have Haley end up in a car accident while she was going through her depression and everything after Lydia died.

stellarchick86

[57]Feb 13, 2012
    I would be okay with Q/C getting into a wreck... LOL

Justlikeheaven_

[58]Feb 13, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

LOL. How horrible do we sound? Wishing car crashes on characters haha

stellarchick86

[59]Feb 13, 2012
    Lol! Well...to be fair, they are the only ones left (not including Mouth) lol Then again, they did go through the shooting though so thatd be a bit much. Maybe just Quinn on her own? lol

bronbrons27

[60]Feb 13, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

LOL. How horrible do we sound? Wishing car crashes on characters haha
    LOL. I was just thinking too, I would rather have seen Clay and Quinn get into a car crash at the end of season 7 (maybe Katie hits them with her car or something) instead of the ridiculous, unrealistic, "there's no way they could have survived that" shooting. Plus that would mean season 7 would have a car crash too! To make it more even.

Or like Justlikeheaven said, a Haley car crash during her depression in season 7 would have been good too.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Maybe just Quinn on her own? lol
    LOL I wouldn't mind that this season either.