One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

stellarchick86

[1]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 32

On the spoiler thread we started talking about Brooke and whether or not it wouldve been a good idea to have her have an abortion during s4 instead of Haley being pregnant. This made me think about a SL that I wish wouldve happened but never did regarding abortion during the adult seasons. I wanted to see this happen to someone, namely either Millie or Alex, to add some juice to the adult seasons.

Since Alex tries to commit suidice, it would be a lot if she did both, so I can actually see maybe Millie trying to commit suicide in s7 when she realizes that she doesnt like who shes become (addicted to coke), that she's lost Mouth, Alex and Brooke as friends, etc. Then Alex ends up being the one to have an abortion because she has a one night stand one night after feeling depressed about something. Actually they couldve even had her become pregnant from sleeping with Josh, after the sex-tape SL has fizzled. Imagine telling a gay guy pretending to be straight that you dont know is actually straight that you are pregnant with his child LOL! She turns to Julian for support, which can cause the jealousy from Brooke, but then her and Brooke understand each other because Brooke wants to be a mother so bad and Alex is distraught over having to have one. Then she also turns to Millie for support which would cause an interesting dynamic considering how Millie wishes that she couldve taken back her losing her virginity to Owen. I figured if they did it in the adult seasons then it wouldnt look as "controversial" than it would during the HS years plus it would add some juice to the latter seasons. I always thought they were going to go this way with Rachel eventually but they never did and then Alex was sort of like the replacement Rachel, so. What does everyone think?

What SLs do you wish they wouldve done over the past 8+ seasons? I have more but this was just the first thing that came to mind. I had another one about how I wish Rachel wouldve come back to help Millie get over coke and get her into rehab during s7, make up with Brooke, and hang out with Alex instead of having her be Julie Cooper 2.0 but that never materialized either. Just wanted to hear your thoughts since eventually this show will be over and then we wont be around as much to get into these discussions..

Edited on 01/26/2012 6:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ILUVSCOFIELD

[2]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 9

I think the entire Renee storyline should've been re-done. That storyline would've been way better, if it had turned out that Clay actually slept with Renee and it was his baby. That way, he would've had an interesting storyline, and we wouldn't have to deal with Quinn. Ittotally could've happenedsince he was sleeping with random women to numb the pain of his wife's death.

Another idea along that same storyline is, although I love Naley, a small guilty pleasure part of me kind of wishes Nathan had slept with Renee, so that Clay/Haley could've gotten closer. I just really think they have great chemistry, and I like them together. They would be my Naley foiler couple.

Speaking of Clay's dead wife, Ialso think there should've been more backstory behind Clay/Sara. I guess the writers weren't counting on there being any Clay/Sara fans, (I personally adored them), so they didn't bother to develop her character, or tell more about their history. I do think they liked Amanda Schull, that's why she was brought back for that stupid "Psycho Katie" arc, (which I try to forget by the way).

There are probably more I could think of, but these were the ideas that for some reason were really on my mind.

stellarchick86

[3]Jan 26, 2012
    Very good and original ideas, Scofield! Keep em coming.

For me personally (this isnt anything against you) Im not too keen on Nathan being the one with the affair with Renee but I wouldnt mind if Clay did. I guess it would be good if Nathan did because they always tempt Nathan with girls (namely Rachel and Taylor) and nothing ends up happening so it would shake things up a bit but I also dont want to think of him as a cheater either. Its bad enough to think of Lucas and Peyton that way and he and Brooke werent married. Clay would be interesting though, I guess. I dont mind him and Quinn together though, in fact I kind of like them, so thats not the reason for it.

As far as Clay/Sara goes, yeah they were rather cute. I felt like they couldve explained her death a little more though. She just dropped to the ground and that was it. Did she have an anurism? (Im sure I spelt that wrong). Speaking of stuff they couldve elaborated on, was when Clay was trying to get over Sara in early s7 and Quinn was by his side and all of that, I wish THEN they wouldve went into his addiction to painkillers (though I would say anti-depressants since Deb already had the painkiller SL and Clays kind of a mopey character in general so it wouldnt be contrived) since a lot of s7 was just him and Quinn sitting around talking and he was supposed to be magically cured by that and Sara forgotten.

Also, just wanted to say, Sara/Clay do kind of have a SL coming up as Ive read through OTHforums or whatever the website is listed there about it.
    ***SPOILER***

LeytonTLA

[4]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 16

I suppose its a good thing my computer wont let me open those spoilers links as im trying to be good! Storylines i wish could of happened ... hmm i agree about the abortion SL stellar i think they could of defintely done something like that, argh i cant think of any, i think Mouth should of had better storylines, they could of done a lot with Mouth that i feel they didnt really do it was like they wanted him as a main character but they didnt so they just pushed him out of focus, i think a Brooke and Mouth storyline would of been ok, i really liked it when he really liked her and she just didnt like him that way, it would of been interesting in say season 1 when Brooke was boozy that they had her be overly flirty or kiss him or something i dunno, i have a few that i remember thinking about but cant seem to remember them properly, ive always thought we should have more Jake storyline especially when Peyton opened RBR jake should of been one of the first people she called and offered to sign him or just see how he is, we could of had her on the phone to him instead of that scene with Max when she is talking about Lucas we could of just had a Jake RBR signing scene instead ... i want to see more of Chris Kellars back story hilarious that he wrote toaster pastry but id like to hear more ...

bronbrons27

[5]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^^ I pretty much agree with what all of you have said so far.
    Like Stellar said, I would've really liked to see Rachel come back in season 7 (after the whole Dan thing), make up with Brooke and become friends with Alex/help Millie out. A Rachel/Alex friendship would have been really great to see.

Like Scofield said, I think the Renee storyline should have been done differently as well. I think it would have been a really great twist if we found out that Clay slept with her instead. And that would have been in character for him at the time as well. OR Nathan actually sleeping with Renee, so Haley and Clay could have gotten closer would have been great too. Don't get me wrong, I love Naley, but Haley and Clay have amazing chemistry, and I think they would be really great together.
    I agree about Clay/Sara as well, because I thought they were quite cute. I wish we had seen more flashbacks of them. Hopefully we'll find out more this season.

And like LeytonTLA said, I definitely would have liked to know more about Mouth. If you think about it, we actually know hardly anything about Mouth and his background. Does he have any siblings? Are his parents still together? etc... It would have been really great, if say in season 3 or something (since that's when he became a regular) we had seen a storyline involving his possible siblings or his parents.
    And I agree about Jake as well, of course haha, Jake was awesome. It would have been great to see him helping to run RBR in any of the seasons.

Also, I wish we had gotten more Brooke/Nathan scenes over the years, or that they had dated at some point. They have great chemistry too.

ILUVSCOFIELD

[7]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 9

How do you do spoiler tags? I thought I knew how, but when I posted my response, it wasn't in spoiler tags, so I had to delete it.

TreeHill_89

[8]Jan 27, 2012
    Great Thead Stellar! Saw I wrote my response then when I submitted it didn't work and now I have to do everything again. So I'm just going write it in bullet points now

1. Agree, Reese's SL should have had more twists other than the fact she wanted money. I think that Clay should have slept with her. At that point of the season he never really got over Sara so he used to bottle his feelings by sleeping with girls. I think this SL was a bit pointless yeah it showed that Naley are still strong and can over come everything. But that's getting boring because we ready have seen that anyway. 2. Strongly think that Rachel's character shouldn't of married Dan. That really annoyed me and is up there with the Skills/Deb stupid SL's. I loved the way Rachel's character developed from S3 to S4 and it's a shame the way her and Brooke's friendship ended. I think Rachels addiction was a good SL I think Stellar's idea of her helping Millie that I could see. Maybe Rachel should have come back to mend her friendship with Brooke but somehow gets involved and helps Mille. I will try and think of some more, probably loads that should of happened lol. Oh and also with Clay's character, like you guys have mentioned it would have been nice to see more flashbacks of Clay/Sara. It's weird to be a fan of a couple that you only have seen through flashbacks lol. In some ways, I prefer them to Clay/Quinn. They should of added a bit more history into their relationship because there is a fanbase that really liked them :-)
    Edited on 01/27/2012 2:19pm
    Edited 3 total times.

stellarchick86

[9]Jan 27, 2012
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    Great Thead Stellar!

Thank you! I love these types of discussions.

ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

How do you do spoiler tags? I thought I knew how, but when I posted my response, it wasn't in spoiler tags, so I had to delete it.

You do it by [*spoiler} and [*/spoiler] but make sure to take out the * first.

Anywho, you guys are coming up with some awesome ideas! Its funny I was watching OTH last night and was just thinking about how I was surprised at how little SLs Mouth had considering he was on the theme song for 3 years, been a regular pretty much since the Pilot, and was such a beloved character (if not by the fans than certainly by Mark). The only SL of his I can remember is the "Mel/"fireball"/grandfather SL of s3 with Peyton but I liked it.

As far as Rachel goes, I thought it wouldve been great if she came back to help Millie. Since she just up and left in s5, it would show how far she came in those 2 years with getting over drugs, and it would redeem her a bit w/ Brooke since she would be helping her employee and friend and with Mouth since she was the girl she loved. I was spoiled about Rachel coming back so I figured they were going to go down this road so when they didnt I was like WTF? They couldve even had her be married to Dan if they really needed to but at least give her a few days in TH in between the time where she got slapped by Brooke and looked down on the town and when Dan dumped her by the side of the road LOL

Another thing that I wish wouldve happened is as I was watching the Brooke/Nick the teacher SL, I wish that whole thing would've been re-done. First off, I wish that Nick wouldve been African-American instead because it wouldve been interesting to see Brooke with one considering we already saw her with a Latino guy (Felix). Secondly, the SL just reminded me too much of Felix with that "Im going out with a guy that I dont really trust and now hes going to break my heart in the end, which he did" type of way. It wouldve been more interesting, I think, is when she found out that he was a teacher to end it there, just have it be a fling. It wasnt very juicy to have her be with him considering she was already 18 and Brooke didnt need the cheating thing again. Then have Brooke say shes just going to be single and not deal with boys and their baggage again and then bring in Chase earlier. By him being such a nice guy, it would pack more of a punch with her lying to him because she doesnt trust men than because of her cheating teacher/BF. I dont know, I just didnt enjoy that relationship (the teacher).

stellarchick86

[10]Jan 27, 2012
    Oh and I also wish they wouldve brought back Jake too. Im sure Bryan Greenberg just wanted to move on but the way he eneded it in s3 where he says "and the princess and prince lived happily ever after. Or at least I hope they do" or something like that always makes me SO sad because hes out in Savannah by himself, no love and having to deal with crazy Nicki. It would be awesome to see Jenny again and even see him with a girlfriend or wife, just to know he is okay. It wouldnt have anything to do with Peyton/Lucas, they dont even have to be there, it would just be nice to see him finally be happy since he and Peyton were always the ones who lost out on relationships and Peyton finally got her happy ending.

LeytonTLA

[11]Jan 28, 2012

yeah it kinda sucks when characters like Jake have a huge fan base and the writers dont realise that all we need is like 60 seconds of screen time for someone to mention him! They took out the theme song they could at least give us that!

stellarchick86

[12]Jan 28, 2012
    ^Exactly. Even just a little something to let us know, it doesnt have to involve romance in any which way, in the same sort of way they brought back Chris Keller but it doesnt mean its going to bring up the Haley/CK/Nathan triangle again. I mean Jake was there from the Pilot and probably wouldve had a bigger role had Bryan not wanted to leave so it makes sense to let us know what happened to him. Its not like we're talking about Gigi or Shelley or someone.

LeytonTLA

[13]Jan 28, 2012

yeah speaking of them , the gigi storyline is one i wish didnt happen, i thought it was very pointless, i liked her in season 4 but when she came back i thought it was pretty pointless, she annoyed me and i swear people dont act like that ... or maybe just no one i know does...

bronbrons27

[14]Jan 28, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Exactly. Even just a little something to let us know, it doesnt have to involve romance in any which way, in the same sort of way they brought back Chris Keller but it doesnt mean its going to bring up the Haley/CK/Nathan triangle again. I mean Jake was there from the Pilot and probably wouldve had a bigger role had Bryan not wanted to leave so it makes sense to let us know what happened to him. Its not like we're talking about Gigi or Shelley or someone.
    I completely agree with both you guys. It seems like people have pretty much forgotten about Jake now... but I certainly haven't! Even if Peyton's not there, I would still like to see Jake anyway. I mean, he could have come back during the same episode as Lucas (because him and Lucas used to be friends), and even with Jenny too, who would be like... probably 12 years old by now.
    People always say that Jake doesn't need to return because his story had closure and so therefore he's not needed anymore... but honestly, I don't really think his story did have a happy ending/closure. He ends the show sad about Peyton... and we never find out whether he ever gets full custody of Jenny or not, whether him and Nikki manage to become friends again, whether he ever goes to college to have a better career etc.... OH I miss Jake He should definitely have been a bigger character, even just in the high school days.

stellarchick86

[15]Jan 28, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    the gigi storyline is one i wish didnt happen, i thought it was very pointless, i liked her in season 4 but when she came back i thought it was pretty pointless

When I was watching it the first time I thought it was pretty pointless but since re-watching that part (what was it, s6?) I kind of felt like it had a bigger part of the season than I originally thought. Everyone kind of said that Millie was like Gigi 2.0 in that they were both shy, kind of dorky and not "conventially" pretty. With Gigi coming back and being more "wild" than she used to be, it would make sense for Millie's insecuirites to come up in a big way, which lead to her deciding to be more wild and then realizing that she was great as she was (s7). I felt like Gigi kind of spurred that on in s6 until Millie decided to go back to the way she was sometime in s7 or s8. Dont get me wrong, if they didnt bring Gigi back I wouldnt have been upset or anything, but I dont find it as pointless as I used to.
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    People always say that Jake doesn't need to return because his story had closure and so therefore he's not needed anymore... but honestly, I don't really think his story did have a happy ending/closure. He ends the show sad about Peyton... and we never find out whether he ever gets full custody of Jenny or not, whether him and Nikki manage to become friends again, whether he ever goes to college to have a better career etc.

Exactly!!! Word, word, word. It would just be great to know how his life turned out. Did he go back for his GED when Jenny was a bit older? Did he end up going to college or just working FT? Did he find a girl/get married? Did Nicky ever clean up her act? There are so many questions that I still have. I just hate that they left it where it seems like he will just be sitting around moping about Peyton when he has bigger issues to worry about.

LeytonTLA

[16]Jan 29, 2012

yeah when you put the gigi storyline like that in the comparison to millie i see what your saying and it does make a lot more sense, i never really drew on the similarities between them and then the similarities again when Millie had gone 'wild', i do agree with you however that if gigi just never came back i wouldnt of been fussed... they should of brought Shelley back with her being mouths first they probably would of least kissed cos you never forget and the feelings whether phantom feelings or not would probably be there alot more than with gigi

Jake i completely agree all the unaswered questions! Argh just wish we could speak to Mark Shwan with a 60 second script they can put in for us! I agree he should of been a bigger character from the beginning i always liked him and Lucas' friendship and then all the stuff with Jenny they could of done a lot more with him plus he is totally great to look at

I'm trying to wait till the end of s9 before i start from s1 again but at this rate im just gonna start again right now!

TreeHill_89

[17]Jan 29, 2012
    I have to agree with everything you guys mentioned about Jake. I mean yes he and Nicki got joint custody of Jenny and he no longer had to worry about Nicki stealing Jenny back. But how about his love life? Jake should have least come back during their adult years. He would have a perfect SL with Red bedroom records and interacting with Peyton again. Even if he was only in a few episodes, and it would have also been nice for him to have scenes with Lucas as he was the one who helped Lucas in S1 with the Nathan drama. It's weird to talk about a character that left in S3 who wasn't even part of the core 5 but that just goes to show, how much we loved his character and Mark if your reading this we need at least one more Jake scene!!!.... Thanks Also I think Stellar wrote above about Nathan/Brooke. I think other SL that should of happened is if they developed their friendship more. They had more 1 to 1 scenes in the adult years and obviously there sex tape in S4 but i'm suprised because we had Laley, Haley/Peyton, Peyton/Brooke, Nathan/Lucas and H/b/P but never Nathan/Brooke. I think scenes between them in HS would have been cool/funny to watch!.
    Edited on 01/29/2012 8:51am

that70sshow2000

[18]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 15
    You know I just got a Jake SL idea and it may be stupid and not make sense but ya just something I thought of a second ago reading the comments.

Jenny never really knew Peyton right, the last she saw her she was one year old. So like someone else said she is now 12. An interesting story may be Jenny ends up finding old baby pics, maybe going through them for a school proj. She ends up seeing a bunch of her as a baby with Peyton and she sees none or very few of her and Nikki. So basically asks Jake and that could be a reason they return to TH so Jenny can meet Peyton who was like a mom to her more than her real one.

Honestly I think the reason mark doesn't at least MENTION Jake in the script is bc it's been so long ago, s3 to s9 and he may figure the show has new fans now who don't know who Jake is and too many people would be like who the hell is Jake!!? When a show lasts so long it gets new fans all the time and not all fans go back and watch precious seasons.

But I really think Jake not returning is all on Bryan greenberg not mark. Mark is like a good friend of his and loved having him on the show and bringing him back in s3. He even said he hopes he can get him for s5.

So ya it's def not on mark, I'm sure mark would love to have him back for an episode. I mean hell the guy brings back hella characters that are nobodies in the show and who just give mark really good b***j*** so I doubt mark would be against Jake coming back if Bryan wanted to.

bronbrons27

[19]Jan 29, 2012
    ^^ I really like that Jake storyline idea! Only problem would be that it would had to have happened in season 5 or 6 (since that's when Peyton was still on the show), and Jenny wouldn't have been 12 years old then, only about 6 or 7. OR if Peyton was actually returning in season 9, then I think that would be a great storyline to have this season, even just for 2-3 episodes.
    I agree with what you were saying though, I think they don't really mention him now because there's a lot of newer OTH fans that aren't as familiar with the older seasons, and who wouldn't remember/know who Jake is. Last time they mentioned Jake briefly was in season 6....
    And also yeah Mark probably isn't to blame... I'm sure that he did want to bring back Jake at some point, and that it was actually Bryan Greenberg who didn't want to come back. I don't know if any of you guys have seen it, but I also watch Bryan's new show now, How To Make It In America, which is pretty good, but I still often think of him as Jake.

bronbrons27

[20]Jan 29, 2012
    Omg, you guys should watch this interview with James Lafferty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ABp4o6asHw&feature=related

At about 3 minutes and 10 seconds in, even James agrees that Jake should have come back! Hahaha