One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

  • Avatar of LeytonTLA

    LeytonTLA

    [41]Feb 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,918
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    I agree with you guys.

    What Ive always wondered about, and they could put this into a SL if they wanted to, was what was the story behind Karen/Dan/Keith back when they were teens? It couldve gone in one of two ways so I mean:

    Did 1. Karen and Dan know each other because they were the popular ones, she a cheerleader and he on the basketball team, so then they went out (similar to Peyton and Nathan)? Then once Keith got to know Karen through Dan, he fell in love with her but became friends.

    Or 2. Were Karen and Keith already friends, he loved her but never told her, and then she decided to go after Dan? Sort of like if Lucas secretly had a crush on Haley and then he was hurt when she decided to go after Nathan but because they were friends, he decided to stick with her.

    Scenario #2 would make more sense to me as to why Keith would stick around with her for so long even though she was dating his brother but I dont know.



    Yeah number two makes more sense but we know that keith was also on the basketball team for a brief period of time with dan so it could of been that they were all friends to begin with then when he quit basketball there friendship probably went back a few steps and then she ended up with dan ,,,, would be nice to see
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [42]Feb 3, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    LeytonTLA wrote:
    so it could of been that they were all friends to begin with then when he quit basketball there friendship probably went back a few steps and then she ended up with dan

    Very interesting. I wouldnt have even thought of that! Thanks!!

    I agree that scenario 2 is probably the most likely, especially since deep down Karen is more like Keith than Dan, even if she was a cheerleader, so they were most likely to be friends first and then she fell for his brother at some point (which is why Keith would be so inclined to be resentful of Dan). Also, they keep drawing so many parrells to Haley-Karen that it would be like if Lucas was her Keith and Nathan were her Dan, so.

    Edited on 02/03/2012 2:27am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [43]Feb 3, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    ILuvscofield: I think your ideas are great and I agree with you have said! I never liked the name Sawyer Brooke Scott. Firstly it's not the much Sawyer bit although it is a boys name. It's more of that it doesn't flow at all. Well not compared to other baby names they have had. I think that should of had Sawyer Elizabeth Scott, or Anna (something) Scott. Lol wouldn't think of something there. And It's weird how Brooke did have Peyton left overs because first it was Lucas then Julian. Maybe before Julian it would have been nice to see Brooke with someone else before, Clay seems like an interesting choice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [44]Feb 4, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    We were all talking about babies and what their names would be a while back but I didn't really have my thoughts straight on it. Since I've been re-watching s6 lately, and LP's baby drama, my thoughts are more collected. This is how I wish it would've happened…



    Haley and Nathan would have Jamie and then Lydia, so nothing would change there.



    Lucas and Peyton would have two/twin boys; Jude and Sawyer. I would like this for several reasons: 1. This would allow the whole "Scott brother" storyline to continue. Orignally I said it would be nice if they had a boy because of Jamie, but then I realized well they would only be cousins, not brothers. 2. It would be more dramatic regarding if Peyton lives or not because THREE lives would be in the balance rather than two.
    3. It would be way less contrived for LP to not make it to Brooke's wedding since they would have to find someone to care for two babies
    4. It would be less contrived for them to leave in the first place because they could manage with 1 baby Im sure but with 2, they would have thought they needed Karen's help more 5. Since they are off camera, people may wonder if they ever ended up having a boy, but since they had two, we wouldn't wonder as much whether or not they would end up having a third kid because its way more work, so we can just assume that they had their hands full already. This is also a bonus for Mark & co because they get to have a character have twins but they wouldnt have to worry about having two babies on-screen. I picked Jude and Sawyer because I could see them deciding to name one after a literature character and one after something to do with music, because of their passions. Peyton picked Jude after 'Hey Jude'/The Beatles and then Lucas picked Sawyer because of Tom Sawyer but again, it could also be because in case Peyton did pass away, then a part of her lives on or something. I can see an episode where they are trying to name their babies but they both end up coming up with crazy names but then in the end come up with Sawyer and Jude, which they both like.



    Julian and Brooke end up having just one baby; a girl. I picture something like Isabella or something sort of fancy and Italian-sounding. I would like this because I want Brooke to have a baby girl, and I can see her wanting to have the best of everything since Brooke was neglected from the start, which would strike a deeper chord when Julian accidentally forgets her in the car. As a bonus, they can continue on with the "best friends" thing with Lydia and Brooke's baby. Then that way when Brooke has her "miracle baby" at the end of s8, it would be more worth the wait for a girl and because it's less contrived if she has one rather than two.



    Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Yes I realize it's pretty much the exact opposite of what actually happened but oh well LOL It would've been nice but I'm not going to lose sleep over it LOL. What are your thoughts?

    Edited on 02/04/2012 8:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeytonTLA

    LeytonTLA

    [45]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,918

    i kind of agree, the LP part you wrote about them arguing over names reminded me of ross and rachel veto ing all the names they didnt like, so funny, but i completely agree that LP should of had a boy especially since they wrote them out of the show ... a show that was founded on two half brothers! ARGH i hate that the writers seem to have forgotten the roots, i really want nathan to go to the river court at some point as well, im not so sure on the names you said though i think peyton should of stuck with what she said and named her anna elizabeth brooke scott or something (im probably the only one but i think its great she put brookes name in her girls name it shows how much she truly cares about her and that no matter where they are in the world she loves her that much) for brooke, i agree she should of had a girl ... some name that is really unusual and beautiful maybe with angie in there somewhere cos of baby angie but maybe not im meh on that one, i hate the fact that her kids are called jude and davis i think its insult to jude that his brother is called davis! they should of both been called something davis baker if she wanted her last name, and dont even get me started on the name jude! i hope he wasnt christened jude and was christened julian junior cos like i say with one being called davis her last name and him being called maybe a shortened version of julian i just think thats not fair ish .. i know what i mean probably not excplainin to well, but yeah thats my 2c

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [46]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    I do think that either Lucas or Nathan should have had 2 sons, more Lucas becuase Nathan has Jamie. Becuase of their all son/father relationship with Dan and their relationship with each other at the start. It would have connectioned back to the orginial themes of OTH. And seeing how both of them didn't have a great relationship with Dan we would have been them re write their history with their own children. And like most people I who have wanted Brooke with a daughther maybe she will who knows? But I can imagine their daughter to be a daddy's girl and Brooke giving her everything that her parents didn't do for her. She would be a proper princess! But one the other hand maybe Mark decided to give Brooke twin boys as it's unpredicable as we have seen her with Angie and Sam. Does her twins have middle names? I wish they had chosen different names for the twins, I haven't warmed up to their names just yet. I think that Davis should have been told something else because we already had Peyton name Sawyer because of the middle name. Speaking of Peyton/Brooke I was wished that they had Laley letter thing going on. As a Laley fan, I love how there are scenes of Haley writing to Lucas and updating him with what's going on in her life and we assume that Lucas is obviously writing back. But I wish that Peyton/Brooke had something like that, but without letters as I think it's more suited to Laley. Maybe there's could be with technology lol. Even though they became close again I know there friendship wasn't going to be the same after the whole Lucas thing among other stuff. But it was still strong and it annoyed me when Sylvia mentioned her storyline about her friendship with her friend becuase they made it seem like that's how Peyton/Brooke friendship is now. Friends do grow apart however there should be moments where you see Brooke speaking to or emailing Peyton and vice versa.
    Edited on 02/05/2012 8:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [47]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ^^ Wow, I love all your guys' ideas for baby names.
    I do agree that Lucas should maybe have had twin boys instead, and then Brooke has just one daughter. But I think they probably gave Lucas and Peyton a baby girl at the end of season 6, in case they didn't come back for more seasons, and audiences would probably have been disappointed that we get to see characters have 3 sons on the show, but no daughters.
    And also, like TreeHill_89 said, we did already see Brooke with Angie and Sam, so it's kinda nice to see her with boys instead.
    But then again, I really like the idea of Lucas's twin boys being the next generation Scott Brothers, and Brooke having a baby girl so that her and Lydia could be next generation Haley/Brooke or Peyton/Brooke.

    Speaking of next generation, I would really love it if they had a spin-off OTH show with all the kids. The only problem really would be that Jamie is SO much older than the others.. he couldn't possibly be in high school at the same time as all of them. But I guess he could just be in college or something. Even Sawyer is probably a bit too much older, she's kinda just stuck in the middle. So I think the show would really mainly have to focus on Lydia/Davis/Jude, probably next generation Nathan/Haley/Lucas, where she's best friends with one and is dating the other, OR Nathan/Peyton/Lucas, where they are both fighting over her (Which is also a love triangle I would have liked to have seen more of in season 1).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [48]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624

    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Speaking of next generation, I would really love it if they had a spin-off OTH show with all the kids. The only problem really would be that Jamie is SO much older than the others...
    I think that would be kinda cool to have a spin off OTH show with the kids. I would love to see how everyone came together as they grew up to be teenagers. The only problem with that would be that the parents would be Lucas/Peyton, Nathan/Haley, and Brooke/Julian so they would have to show them sometime.


    Oh, as you said about Jamie, they could have Lilly on the show lol. Since they are the same age. And since they are family it would have the whole family thing mixed in.

    Edited on 02/05/2012 12:36pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [49]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten about Lily. Well that would be a bit better for Jamie then. There's also Jenny as well, she'd be like 2 years older than Jamie though.

    But like you said, the parents would kind of be a problem as well. Unless they just made the characters out of high school and the same age as Lucas/Nathan/Haley/Brooke/Peyton were in the time jump/season 5. That way the younger ones would be just in college, so they wouldn't see their parents as much, and the older ones would be trying to start their career.
    I don't know though, I'd rather see them as teenagers in high school.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [50]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten about Lily. Well that would be a bit better for Jamie then. There's also Jenny as well, she'd be like 2 years older than Jamie though.
    It is so weird to think that Jenny is like 10 years old now. I'm assuming that Jamie is like 8 years old right now and Jenny is two years older. I keep trying to picture her a 10 year old girl but its hard because the last time we saw her she was only 1 almost 2.
    bronbrons27 wrote:

    I don't know though, I'd rather see them as teenagers in high school.


    Yeah, as much as I like Haley/Brooke/Nathan/Mouth and them all growing up, and how much i like the seasons, my all time favorite seasons are when they were in highschool. Except season 2. lol. That is my least favorite, and not just because of Naley. haha!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [51]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    You guys made some interesting points!! Thank you so much for writing back. I just had a few specific things I wanted to point out though....



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten about Lily.

    Thats another reason why I was okay with LP having boys because I figured there was a girl in the mix somewhere and we sort of saw Lucas with how he'd be with a girl because of Lily, so I prefered to see them with a boy of their own to continue on with the story. If we got to see LP all the time then Id be okay with them having a girl first but since we didnt and we can only go by what we see, I just preferred if it was a boy, thats all.



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I think they probably gave Lucas and Peyton a baby girl at the end of season 6, in case they didn't come back for more seasons, and audiences would probably have been disappointed that we get to see characters have 3 sons on the show, but no daughters.

    Yeah I agree, I realized that too. All of these "almost cancellations" really screwed with the show. There were things in s8 that made me cringe too because they thought that was the end (I'll get to that later).



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    And also, like TreeHill_89 said, we did already see Brooke with Angie and Sam, so it's kinda nice to see her with boys instead.

    Oh yeah, I agree, its just that like I said above, we can only go by what we see, so its nice to know that Brooke has a daughter of her own before the show ends. Itd even be nice if they had a boy and a girl at the same time (though 2 of them having twins seems a bit extreme, though they can always say that with Peyton it was just a 'miracle' I guess and with Brooke it was because of IVF and stuff like that. A lot of times women who use those shots to get their eggs going will accidentally over-stimulate it to ovulate more than 1 egg, so they end up having twins or even triplets. So they couldve ended up with that. I could see Julian coaching their son with little league tee-ball or something and Brooke wanting to have the nursery all pink and hosting tea parties. But we'll probably never get to see those things



    In the larger picture, it sucks that they didnt have Julian propose in the s7 premiere and then have her get married at the end of the season. Then this clears s8 for fertitlty troubles and what not, rather than rushing it all into one season. That way it wouldnt be contrived at the end for them to get their children and they could still have the "adoption didnt go through" SL as well. I mean they had dated for a year during that flashforward from s6-s7 and they seemed to be fine, Brooke even wanted him to propose, and then all of a sudden it went right back to Brooke being jealous of another girl (Alex) and not being able to trust men (Julian). It just seemed like a waste of a season, not to mention that if Brooke was going to have trust issues, she wouldve done it when they were in LA during that year. After being with the guy for nearly 2 years, much longer than she was with Lucas, she wouldve been fine by then. They couldve even had the wedding planning going at the same time as the trust issues, if they wanted, then that way Brooke asks him if she should stop with the wedding altogether and it would pack more of a punch because more would be at stake during the "hotel rooom swap" with Alex.



    Anyway, as Ive said, it wouldve been awesome if Lucas ended up having a boy and Brooke having a girl because the show, as I see it, is about overcoming the obstacles youve had in your childhood/teen years from what your parents did so that you can grow up to be a mature, responsible adult for your own kids. So I see them having a boy and a girl as sort of a next generation thing but on a grander scale.



    Also, some people are mentioning Maddison, Jamie and Chuck. It occured to me last night when Jamie went to that dance with Skills in order to see Maddison that yes Maddison is like Haley, I think people know that, but I also think they are trying to make Jamie like Lucas and Chuck like Nathan. They make many parrallels with Jamie and Lucas, so thats no surprise, but I think its like if Lucas liked Haley to begin with and maybe he kind of did as a kid until he saw Peyton and then liked her and Haley as a friend. Chuck would be kind of like Nathan because Nathan was always the instigator and was probably a trouble-maker as a kid, though Im sure Nathan was much less annoying about it (LOL). So they brought the triangle among the 3 kids during that episode because both of them kind of wanted to dance with Maddison and someone mentioned how they wanted to see more of the triangle between N/H/L so I just thought Id throw that in there lol

    Edited on 02/05/2012 3:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [52]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    As far as other SLs that wouldve been cool to see would be Haley's other siblings (not just Taylor and Quinn). I mean if they can give Peyton a half sibling then surely they could have more of Haleys siblings on the show besides one that is there to replace another character (Quinn) and one that was there to just mix things up for a few eps (Taylor). Lydias death wouldve been a good time to do this. They didnt even need to have a SL, just for them to be there, have Jamie meet them, have Haley talk to them and thatd be that. Surely they could give Lydia a funeral episode if they gave one to Quentin. I would be curious to see Haley's brothers but more so Vivian, the oldest sister. For some reason I picture her to be this career woman, like a lawyer who works overtime, with kids who doesnt have a lot of time for traveling in order to juxtapose the "free spirit" of the family (Quinn) and the "party girl who doesnt want to settle down" (Taylor) so itd be interesting to see how different she is in person to them.
    Edited on 02/05/2012 3:53pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [53]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    You guys made some interesting points!! Thank you so much for writing back. I just had a few specific things I wanted to point out though....



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten about Lily.

    Thats another reason why I was okay with LP having boys because I figured there was a girl in the mix somewhere and we sort of saw Lucas with how he'd be with a girl because of Lily, so I prefered to see them with a boy of their own to continue on with the story. If we got to see LP all the time then Id be okay with them having a girl first but since we didnt and we can only go by what we see, I just preferred if it was a boy, thats all.



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I think they probably gave Lucas and Peyton a baby girl at the end of season 6, in case they didn't come back for more seasons, and audiences would probably have been disappointed that we get to see characters have 3 sons on the show, but no daughters.

    Yeah I agree, I realized that too. All of these "almost cancellations" really screwed with the show. There were things in s8 that made me cringe too because they thought that was the end (I'll get to that later).



    bronbrons27 wrote:
    And also, like TreeHill_89 said, we did already see Brooke with Angie and Sam, so it's kinda nice to see her with boys instead.

    Oh yeah, I agree, its just that like I said above, we can only go by what we see, so its nice to know that Brooke has a daughter of her own before the show ends. Itd even be nice if they had a boy and a girl at the same time (though 2 of them having twins seems a bit extreme, though they can always say that with Peyton it was just a 'miracle' I guess and with Brooke it was because of IVF and stuff like that. A lot of times women who use those shots to get their eggs going will accidentally over-stimulate it to ovulate more than 1 egg, so they end up having twins or even triplets. So they couldve ended up with that. I could see Julian coaching their son with little league tee-ball or something and Brooke wanting to have the nursery all pink and hosting tea parties. But we'll probably never get to see those things



    In the larger picture, it sucks that they didnt have Julian propose in the s7 premiere and then have her get married at the end of the season. Then this clears s8 for fertitlty troubles and what not, rather than rushing it all into one season. That way it wouldnt be contrived at the end for them to get their children and they could still have the "adoption didnt go through" SL as well. I mean they had dated for a year during that flashforward from s6-s7 and they seemed to be fine, Brooke even wanted him to propose, and then all of a sudden it went right back to Brooke being jealous of another girl (Alex) and not being able to trust men (Julian). It just seemed like a waste of a season, not to mention that if Brooke was going to have trust issues, she wouldve done it when they were in LA during that year. After being with the guy for nearly 2 years, much longer than she was with Lucas, she wouldve been fine by then. They couldve even had the wedding planning going at the same time as the trust issues, if they wanted, then that way Brooke asks him if she should stop with the wedding altogether and it would pack more of a punch because more would be at stake during the "hotel rooom swap" with Alex.



    Anyway, as Ive said, it wouldve been awesome if Lucas ended up having a boy and Brooke having a girl because the show, as I see it, is about overcoming the obstacles youve had in your childhood/teen years from what your parents did so that you can grow up to be a mature, responsible adult for your own kids. So I see them having a boy and a girl as sort of a next generation thing but on a grander scale.



    Also, some people are mentioning Maddison, Jamie and Chuck. It occured to me last night when Jamie went to that dance with Skills in order to see Maddison that yes Maddison is like Haley, I think people know that, but I also think they are trying to make Jamie like Lucas and Chuck like Nathan. They make many parrallels with Jamie and Lucas, so thats no surprise, but I think its like if Lucas liked Haley to begin with and maybe he kind of did as a kid until he saw Peyton and then liked her and Haley as a friend. Chuck would be kind of like Nathan because Nathan was always the instigator and was probably a trouble-maker as a kid, though Im sure Nathan was much less annoying about it (LOL). So they brought the triangle among the 3 kids during that episode because both of them kind of wanted to dance with Maddison and someone mentioned how they wanted to see more of the triangle between N/H/L so I just thought Id throw that in there lol



    Thats a very interesting point you made about the 3 kids, I would have never thought of that actually. So maybe in his own way Mark is refering back to HS years or even further with using parrallels between H/L/N and C/M/J characters etc. Just like you mentioned above about Jamie/Lucas being alike and Nathan/Chuck. And going back to Brooke, I would have loved to see her be pregnant like how we saw Haley instead of it being rushed. Pregnant Brooke would have been so funny to watch as well
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [54]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    Thats a very interesting point you made about the 3 kids, I would have never thought of that actually. So maybe in his own way Mark is refering back to HS years or even further with using parrallels between H/L/N and C/M/J characters etc. Just like you mentioned above about Jamie/Lucas being alike and Nathan/Chuck. And going back to Brooke, I would have loved to see her be pregnant like how we saw Haley instead of it being rushed. Pregnant Brooke would have been so funny to watch as well


    Thanks I mean I could be wrong but it just sort of came to me last night when I was watching it that it COULD be like that. I would like to think it is and that its not just there to fill up time but who knows. As for Brooke, I wouldve LOVED to see her pregnant because the first few months it wouldve been "oh look, its a miracle, Im going to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy" and then by month 8 shed be like "get out already!!!" and going crazy and Haley would be like "well...it is what you wanted" LOL I wouldve LOVED to have seen that. And even with getting another season, s9, there wouldnt have been enough time to see all of that. Again, thats why I wish that they spread everything out to 2 seasons. We really didnt need 2 seasons of Brooke not being able to trust Julian (yes s6 and s7) when she HAD dated other guys afterwards who were nice (yes even though it wasnt as long as Lucas, she did date Chase for a while, who was a nice guy).
    Edited on 02/05/2012 4:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [55]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    For some reason I picture her to be this career woman, like a lawyer who works overtime, with kids who doesnt have a lot of time for traveling in order to juxtapose the "free spirit" of the family (Quinn) and the "party girl who doesnt want to settle down" (Taylor) so itd be interesting to see how different she is in person to them.


    Yeah, I would have liked to see some of her other siblings. Preferably atleast 1 brother. LOL. See, we only have seen Quinn, Taylor and Haley out of the James' family. Quinn the free sprit, Taylor the party girl, Haley the responsible wife, and they are complete opposites of each other so it would be interesting to see how different the other siblings are. I keep picturing the rest of them being workaholics or sorta like a Taylor, because if i remember correctly back in the highschool years, it was said that Haley was the first one out of her siblings who got married and started a family. (Apparently Quinn got married to David after Haley got married to Nathan). But unfortunately, i dont think we are going to get to see anymore James siblings. We just have to keep picturing. lol!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [56]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    See, we only have seen Quinn, Taylor and Haley out of the James' family. Quinn the free sprit, Taylor the party girl, Haley the responsible wife, and they are complete opposites of each other so it would be interesting to see how different the other siblings are.

    Exactly. Since Vivian would be the career woman with kids, it would be interesting to see her relationship with Quinn and Taylor since they werent tied down. Yes I know Haley has a career and kids but she is also the youngest and Im pretty sure Vivian the oldest so there would be differences right off the bat.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    it was said that Haley was the first one out of her siblings who got married and started a family.

    Really? They said that?? I dont remember that at all. Interesting. I always assumed at least one of them got married and settled down because none of them lived in the house with Haley since she was the youngest. Yeah you had Taylor who was away at college but if she had at least 2 other siblings (just including the girls, I dont know how many brothers she had) then youd have to assume that at least one of them moved out to get married and have kids, especially since we saw how lenient Lydia and Jimmy were when it came to marrying and moving out early LOL

    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    But unfortunately, i dont think we are going to get to see anymore James siblings. We just have to keep picturing. lol!

    Oh yeah, Im sure. Thats why I said that Lydias funeral wouldve been a good time to see it because I dont see any of them just randomly showing up. And it wouldve been more emotional for it to be like "well we may not see each other every day, but we can come together and put aside our differences for our mom's sake" or something. Even if they had an excuse for them thatd be fine. I mean yeah its an excuse so itd be contrived but at least they are ackknowledged. Then we'd know their names at least. For some reason I picture one of the brothers' names as Billy LOL I dont know why. Maybe because of the Bob thing that they keep bringing up in the family.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [57]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten about Lily. Well that would be a bit better for Jamie then. There's also Jenny as well, she'd be like 2 years older than Jamie though.
    It is so weird to think that Jenny is like 10 years old now. I'm assuming that Jamie is like 8 years old right now and Jenny is two years older. I keep trying to picture her a 10 year old girl but its hard because the last time we saw her she was only 1 almost 2.
    bronbrons27 wrote:

    I don't know though, I'd rather see them as teenagers in high school.


    Yeah, as much as I like Haley/Brooke/Nathan/Mouth and them all growing up, and how much i like the seasons, my all time favorite seasons are when they were in highschool. Except season 2. lol. That is my least favorite, and not just because of Naley. haha!!
    I think Jamie is about 10 years old right now... because he turned 7 at the start of season 7, and I think it's been almost three years since that (if we count season 7 and 8 as one year each, and then with the time jump at the end of season 8 as well). Which would mean Jenny would be about 12 now.... Like you said, it's so hard to imagine her being that age since she wasn't even 2 when we last saw her...
    And yeah I agree, the high school years are way better. Although I am one of the fans that actually liked season 2, lol. Season 2 and 3 are my all time favourites.

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Also, some people are mentioning Maddison, Jamie and Chuck. It occured to me last night when Jamie went to that dance with Skills in order to see Maddison that yes Maddison is like Haley, I think people know that, but I also think they are trying to make Jamie like Lucas and Chuck like Nathan. They make many parrallels with Jamie and Lucas, so thats no surprise, but I think its like if Lucas liked Haley to begin with and maybe he kind of did as a kid until he saw Peyton and then liked her and Haley as a friend. Chuck would be kind of like Nathan because Nathan was always the instigator and was probably a trouble-maker as a kid, though Im sure Nathan was much less annoying about it (LOL). So they brought the triangle among the 3 kids during that episode because both of them kind of wanted to dance with Maddison and someone mentioned how they wanted to see more of the triangle between N/H/L so I just thought Id throw that in there lol
    Oh wow, yeah I had never even realized the similarities between them either. But now that you mention it, Jamie/Chuck is a lot like Lucas/Nathan (other than the fact that Jamie and Chuck are not half brothers). But it especially works as well because they didn't get a long at first either, but then grew to become friends. And like you said, Chuck is kind of the trouble-maker child, as Nathan would probably have been at the same age. As for Maddison, I think she could be seen as either Peyton or Haley.

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    As far as other SLs that wouldve been cool to see would be Haley's other siblings (not just Taylor and Quinn). I mean if they can give Peyton a half sibling then surely they could have more of Haleys siblings on the show besides one that is there to replace another character (Quinn) and one that was there to just mix things up for a few eps (Taylor). Lydias death wouldve been a good time to do this. They didnt even need to have a SL, just for them to be there, have Jamie meet them, have Haley talk to them and thatd be that. Surely they could give Lydia a funeral episode if they gave one to Quentin. I would be curious to see Haley's brothers but more so Vivian, the oldest sister. For some reason I picture her to be this career woman, like a lawyer who works overtime, with kids who doesnt have a lot of time for traveling in order to juxtapose the "free spirit" of the family (Quinn) and the "party girl who doesnt want to settle down" (Taylor) so itd be interesting to see how different she is in person to them.
    Yeah I was going to mention this as well, but I forgot. I would have loved to have seen Haley's other siblings at some point, and like you said, Lydia's death would have been the perfect time to do this. I would even just like to know her brothers' names! Vivian is the only other one we know of. And like you said, I kind of see her as a career-driven woman as well. She has to be a lot older than Haley though. I remember, in a season 3 episode, when the characters are talking to their guidance counselor about colleges, Haley says that she has wanted to go to Stanford ever since she visited it with her family because her sister was thinking of going there, and that she was 8 years old at the time. It must have been Vivian she was talking about as Taylor and Quinn are not that much older than her. So Vivian would have been about 18 when they visited Stanford, so she's gotta be about 10 years older than Haley. So I'm guessing Vivian is probably the oldest, then Quinn, Taylor and the two brothers are somewhere in the middle and Haley is the youngest. By the way.... who is older: Quinn or Taylor? I don't think we're ever actually told. But Taylor is three years older than Haley (as mentioned in season 2), so I'm guessing Quinn is the middle sister of the three, as she doesn't look four or more years older than Haley. But maybe that's just because Shantel is actually younger than Joy in real life, lol I don't know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [58]Feb 5, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    I always got the impression that it went either


    1. Vivian 2. Random brother 3. Quinn 4. Random brother 5. Taylor 6. Haley OR


    1. Vivian 2. Random brother 3. Random brother 4. Quinn 5. Taylor 6. Haley.


    My guess is that it is like the second way because 1. it would explain why the oldest 3 arent around as much because they are older and have more responsibilites and 2. because they made such a big thing out of Quinn, Taylor and Haley spending so much time together as kids that it would make sense why Vivian doesnt because shes much older so she doesnt relate to them as much. She was probably just starting her life out when Haley was a very young kid, like elementary age.



    As far as who went to Stanford goes, yeah it was most likely Vivian. I dont think Quinn went to college and I got the impression that Taylor went somewhere on the east coast, like maybe Florida at the farthest, and she only went to college for a brief time before she got kicked out, saw Haley and then ended up working in that bar. Maybe she just went somewhere in NC and got herself a small apartment, who knows. And Vivian going to college also made me think of her as being the career woman; maybe she went to law school, got married and had kids in CA and NC is too far to travel with everything going on in her life. I just think it wouldve been kind of cool to meet her just as I always wondered about Quinn too until s7.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [59]Feb 6, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Im re-watching s7 right now and I had a few thoughts.....

    The Renee SL: Scofield, you basically said that you didnt care for this SL much or at least the way it turned out. I enjoy the SL itself because 1. it is about someone threatening one of them but not physically like Carrie or Derek or someone, and causes a bit of drama and 2. it deals with how are they going to tell Jamie. The problem with the SL is that it doesnt have much re-watchability, for a lack of a better word. Essentially it may be dramatic when you first see it because yes even though we all know Nathan doesnt cheat, we wonder if she will eventually get the money, Haley punches her and goes to jail, etc. But when you re-watch the SL, we all know the ending, so essentially it seems like 10 episodes of them sitting around going "what are we going to do" and then one long episode of Dan and his dialogue to get her to tell the truth. So it may be dramatic the first time you see it, but afterwards it seems like filler.



    Quinn: Someone here, I think it was Bronsbron, said that she looked much younger than Joy. I thought she looked older at first with the darker hair and because she was a more serious character but now that her hair is blonder and she acts more goofy, Joy def. looks older. She IS supposed to be older though. Even in 7x01 she walks over to Haley, sitting by the pool, and she goes "so how are you, little sister" or something like that. Also, I think Scofield mentioned something about how they always make her a sex symbol and stuff like that on the show. I always thought they did that as the show went on because her character gets more silly but they actually do it in 7x02. Nathan and Clay are standing there on the beach talking about the Renee situation and she walks by and makes a snarky comment about them and then as shes walking away Clay makes a noise to say that shes sexy and the camera focuses right on her a$$ like they did when she was in Utah in the snow. Its sad that they didnt take Quinn seriously even back then. I liked her back then but now I just feel like shes another body to fill up time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [60]Feb 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    I always got the impression that it went either


    1. Vivian 2. Random brother 3. Quinn 4. Random brother 5. Taylor 6. Haley OR


    1. Vivian 2. Random brother 3. Random brother 4. Quinn 5. Taylor 6. Haley.


    My guess is that it is like the second way because 1. it would explain why the oldest 3 arent around as much because they are older and have more responsibilites and 2. because they made such a big thing out of Quinn, Taylor and Haley spending so much time together as kids that it would make sense why Vivian doesnt because shes much older so she doesnt relate to them as much. She was probably just starting her life out when Haley was a very young kid, like elementary age.



    As far as who went to Stanford goes, yeah it was most likely Vivian. I dont think Quinn went to college and I got the impression that Taylor went somewhere on the east coast, like maybe Florida at the farthest, and she only went to college for a brief time before she got kicked out, saw Haley and then ended up working in that bar. Maybe she just went somewhere in NC and got herself a small apartment, who knows. And Vivian going to college also made me think of her as being the career woman; maybe she went to law school, got married and had kids in CA and NC is too far to travel with everything going on in her life. I just think it wouldve been kind of cool to meet her just as I always wondered about Quinn too until s7.



    Yeah I agree with the second one it does make more sense as like you have said we have seen Haley, Taylor and Quinn spend more time together. Also i remember in S7 when they were all lookng at their family albums with Lydia. They were in most pictures together and it does seem they grew up together, while Vivian and their two brothers lived their own lives, going to college and having a career. Not saying that Vivian and Haley arent close but probably with the age difference, Haley might of had a closer relationship with the other two sisters becuase they grew up together. And hence why Mark focused more on the younger James sibling as there was more to explore as H/T/Q have a history of not getting along at some point and having different personalites etc. I have imagine then having a few of the fights when they were younger like the one they had in S7 lol. I wish we had gotten to see vivian as well, to not only see her personality but how is she towards her younger sisters or even does she have a favourite. But I really would have loved to see Haley's brothers (btw what are there names?) becuase we have seen her interact with her sisters, it would have been nice to see her with her brothers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.