One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

  • Avatar of ILUVSCOFIELD

    ILUVSCOFIELD

    [61]Feb 7, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 221
    I think the S7 storyline was basically to show the side of the troubles that could befall professional athletes off the court; but I mainly think it was to prop up Clay's introduction, which is why it should've gone the way I mentioned in my first post. I think that SL would've been re-watchable because it would've spanned more episodes and caused a bit more drama and arguing. Oh well.

    On the show Quinn is supposed to be older than Haley, but I don't know by how many years. In S2, when Taylor showed up, it was mentioned that Taylor was a senior when Haley was a freshman, so that's a 3 year gap. If I had to guess, Quinn could be a year or two older than Taylor, which wouldmake her 4 or 5 years older than Haley. In real life Shantel is younger than Joy. She's actually the same age as James (I think their birthdays are the same day too). The casting was screwy with casting Quinn because to me she looks younger than Joy. I'm sure if the casting agents had tried hard enough they could've found an actress who looked/seemed older than Joy without bieng too old. In S2, when Lindsey McKeon (Taylor) was cast, she too was younger than Joy, (only by a year), but at the time she looked older.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [62]Feb 7, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:
    I On the show Quinn is supposed to be older than Haley, but I don't know by how many years. In S2, when Taylor showed up, it was mentioned that Taylor was a senior when Haley was a freshman, so that's a 3 year gap. If I had to guess, Quinn could be a year or two older than Taylor, which wouldmake her 4 or 5 years older than Haley. In real life Shantel is younger than Joy. She's actually the same age as James (I think their birthdays are the same day too). The casting was screwy with casting Quinn because to me she looks younger than Joy. I'm sure if the casting agents had tried hard enough they could've found an actress who looked/seemed older than Joy without bieng too old. In S2, when Lindsey McKeon (Taylor) was cast, she too was younger than Joy, (only by a year), but at the time she looked older.


    Joy was the oldest early on. Atleast she was when the main actors were Sophia, James, Hilarie, Chad and Joy. Joy was the oldest out of the 5 of them. Only by a few months though. Except James. Now, Austin(Julian) is the oldest main person i believe, and like you said Shantel is EXACTLY the same age as James.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [63]Feb 7, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ^^ Oh yeah I had actually forgotten that Lindsey McKeon was/is younger than Joy. She always seemed older, and I could believe she was the older sister of the two.
    With Quinn it's a bit harder to believe though... I still think she looks and acts younger than Joy/Haley. But it could just be because Haley got married and had a family much quicker than Quinn, so she matured a bit earlier, I don't know.

    But I SO WISH we had gotten to meet Haley's brothers at some point during the show... or even just got to know their names! All they would have had to do is mention them, or have them in a couple of scenes, around the time of Lydia's death. That would have been so great to see.

    And like you said, I'm pretty sure Austin/Julian is the oldest now, and Stephen Colletti is the youngest (excluding Dan and the kids of course...). I think Antwon/Skills is quite a bit older than the rest of the main cast as well, but he's not a regular anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [64]Feb 7, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Antwon is def the oldest, not counting Karen/Deb/Dan/etc though if we are counting Junk he is the oldest. I remember someone saying around her hes like mid 30s!! Not sure about the guy who plays Fergie though.

    Anyway, as far as Quinn goes, Im probably the only one who feels this way but Im glad they casted Shantel, regardless of her age because to me she looks a lot like Joy and Bess Armstrong. I was watching 7x07 or something like that, the one where Dan talks to Renee, last night and there was a moment where they focused on Quinn's reaction and it took me like 10 seconds to realize it wasnt Joy and that it was Quinn, they just looked so much alike. I also felt like she looked a lot like Bess, the mother, as Ive said, and I felt like Lindsey McKeon did too. Joy looked more like Huey Lewis to me than Bess. I think its the nose lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [65]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624

    I always knew the ages of the actors, but i never paid attention to the age compared to the age of the characters because i mean, we had 20 something people playing highschoolers.


    Since we are on the age thing, How old is Jamie supposed to be? I was thinking8 or 9 depending on how much time jump there wasbecause in the season 7 finale Jame told Julian he was 7 when they were waiting for his movie to end at the premiere in utah.

    Edited on 02/08/2012 4:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeytonTLA

    LeytonTLA

    [66]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 06/18/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,918

    i think they deliberatly mess with us when it comes to jamies age, the only way to know for sure is when he says it in episodes like that when he says he is 7, and did you say that was at the end of season 7 so he'd probably be nearly 10 if you say season 8 was a year the last ep was 8 months alone ... theyve also skipped about 6 months so he's probably 10 and a half ... i could be completely wrong

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [67]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    LeytonTLA wrote:

    i think they deliberatly mess with us when it comes to jamies age, the only way to know for sure is when he says it in episodes like that when he says he is 7, and did you say that was at the end of season 7 so he'd probably be nearly 10 if you say season 8 was a year the last ep was 8 months alone ... theyve also skipped about 6 months so he's probably 10 and a half ... i could be completely wrong



    I am guessing about 9. Just what i think it is. Just because Haley was pregnant for most of season 8 so you figure 9 months plus a few episodes after Lydia was born. And then they did skip a few months from the season 8 finale to season 9 premiere right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [68]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    Id say probably 9 but it skips a lot. I could see him turning 10 this year since 10 is a big age but with everything going on with Nathan I dont know if they will have like a big party and what not for him.

    Also, I remember people saying that they werent sure about s5- s6. I always assumed it was 1 year but others thought it was 2. Well when s5 started it was supposed to be Jan right? Because of 4 years, 6 months later? Well I was watching the s7 premiere the other day and Dan said that the s6 finale was 14 months ago. If you figure that s7 started in June, because of Jamie's birthday, which would make sense because the first half of s7 is very "summer-y" then that means that the s6 finale ended in April. S5-s6 wouldnt be from Jan-Apr because thats too much for 3 months, including Peyton's pregnancy but they could be Jan to the NEXT April. So, theoretically, Jan 2007 to April 2008 or something like that. That would fit all of that in, including Peyton's pregnancy. The only thing that would be screwed up though is basketball and when they come back in s6 they are still in the same classroom they have always been in so its not like you can say it was the following September....

    Edited on 02/08/2012 2:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [69]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ^^ Yeah it's kinda hard to tell how old Jamie is at this point, but I'd say that if he's not 10 already, he should definitely be turning 10 sometime this season.

    And about season 5-6, I've always been a bit confused about that as well, but yeah I'd say it was probably almost a year and a half in total, like your Jan - Next April theory (although I think it'd be more like January 2012 - April 2013, because I'm pretty sure they graduated in 2007, then there's the 4 and a half year time gap as well, lol).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [70]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    although I think it'd be more like January 2012 - April 2013, because I'm pretty sure they graduated in 2007, then there's the 4 and a half year time gap as well, lol).


    Oh yeah, true, I forgot lol I just threw a year out there and didnt think too much about it hahah. So weird to think that if this were a real show, theyd be starting s5 right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [71]Feb 8, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I also wish they wouldve explained the whole "Brooke not able to have babies" thing during s7 a bit more. I am currently watching those eps which made me remember it. I get that they did it for dramatic effect but it made no sense at all. I get Brooke thinking she might be pregnant because she was late and then found out that she wasnt pregnant and she was bummed, that makes sense. But then they took it one step further and said she could never have kids at all. Ive never heard of a doctor ever saying that to a young girl before unless she didnt have the reproductive organs to do it. They would just say that if you are actively trying to have a baby then keep doing so but its up to you if you want to take it one step further (by a donor, a surrogate, adoption, etc) in case it doesnt end up working. The way that they shouldve gone about it is not to say that Brooke CANT have kids and then one day she has a "miracle" baby but that she kept trying to no avail and then had one. Sort of a Monica and Chandler vibe. I wont get into the "goury" details but lets just say that once my parents were trying to have me it took a while so my mom had to go in for a medical procedure and there I came 9 months later. No one ever told my mom "you cant have kids" even though they tried for years (yes, years, medical technology wasnt as great back then). I just found the whole thing weird and illogical.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ILUVSCOFIELD

    ILUVSCOFIELD

    [72]Feb 9, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 221

    I know this makes absolutelyno sense, and is more alongthe lines of a bad daytime soap, but what if Karen was really Nathan's mom and Deb was Luke's? I know this wouldn't work because Nathan and Lucas weren't even born on the same day, I'm just basing this on looks. I also liked the scene Nathan/Karen had in S2 episodeon the rivercourt (I forget the episode, but it was during his turmoil after Haley left). She seemed so nurturing to him, but this could've also been because she missed Lucas because he was living with Dan.This SL would clearly take place in an AU world, similar to Lifetime Piling Up. I've read that a lot people don't like that episode, but I think it was one of the more enjoyable episodes from S2.


    I would also love to see an E! True Hollywood Story about One Tree Hill one day. I bet there was a lot of drama behind the scenes sometimes, besides what went on between Chad/Sophia, and Antwon's legal troubles (I'm a gossip wh@re sometimes). This will probably never happen though because they don't impress me as the kind of cast and crew that would tell each other's business.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [73]Feb 9, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    I know this makes absolutelyno sense, and is more alongthe lines of a bad daytime soap, but what if Karen was really Nathan's mom and Deb was Luke's? I know this wouldn't work because Nathan and Lucas weren't even born on the same day, I'm just basing this on looks. I also liked the scene Nathan/Karen had in S2 episodeon the rivercourt (I forget the episode, but it was during his turmoil after Haley left). She seemed so nurturing to him, but this could've also been because she missed Lucas because he was living with Dan.This SL would clearly take place in an AU world, similar to Lifetime Piling Up. I've read that a lot people don't like that episode, but I think it was one of the more enjoyable episodes from S2.



    Hmm.. Interesting. Putting hair color aside, its interesting to me because I always used to think that Nathan looked like Dan and that Lucas looked like Deb a little so it was weird to throw Karen into the mix. But lately as Ive been re-watching the series, I can see a lot of Moira in Chad. Its hard to explain, but its there. Plus you got the blue eyes too.



    I always thought it would be interesting to see that Keith was really Lucas' father all along. I know it would seem contrived, but itd be interesting to me if they had Keith/Karen get drunk one night as seniors in high school and have sex. They were all supposed to be popular types so Im sure these things happened at some point. When Karen finds out shes pregnant, she doesnt remember much about the night with Keith so she assumes its Dans and doesnt question it. Then when Keith dies, they find out somehow because Lucas needed a blood draw for something or something along those lines that Keith was his father afterall. Its a little soap-y and maybe contrived but I think it would be more emotional this way, plus it would make Keith a little less pathetic because he would love Lucas and Karen as a father rather than just an uncle with a crush, ya know. Plus then youd get drama w/ Dan and Karen, which I love, because Dan would be p!ssed that he was portrayed as the bad guy this whole time when it wasnt even his kid. So it brings up another morality issue with is Dan still a bad guy because he thought it was his kid yet didnt do anything or is he off the hook now?

    Edited on 02/09/2012 8:29pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [74]Feb 9, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    I would also love to see an E! True Hollywood Story about One Tree Hill one day. I bet there was a lot of drama behind the scenes sometimes, besides what went on between Chad/Sophia, and Antwon's legal troubles (I'm a gossip wh@re sometimes). This will probably never happen though because they don't impress me as the kind of cast and crew that would tell each other's business.



    Lol. I agree, but I would love this, even if they were positive the whole time. Im just wondering whether Chad and/or Hilarie would come back for it so I feel like if they were going to, they shouldve done it a while back. But still even if it was Sophia, James and Joy Id still watch it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [75]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    I would also love to see an E! True Hollywood Story about One Tree Hill one day. I bet there was a lot of drama behind the scenes sometimes, besides what went on between Chad/Sophia, and Antwon's legal troubles (I'm a gossip wh@re sometimes). This will probably never happen though because they don't impress me as the kind of cast and crew that would tell each other's business.



    Lol. I agree, but I would love this, even if they were positive the whole time. Im just wondering whether Chad and/or Hilarie would come back for it so I feel like if they were going to, they shouldve done it a while back. But still even if it was Sophia, James and Joy Id still watch it.


    I have always wondered what the friendships were like. Like were they actually as good of friends as they were on set. lol. I have always wondered if Sophia and Joy were great friends and even James and Joy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ILUVSCOFIELD

    ILUVSCOFIELD

    [76]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 221

    Nathan does look the most like Dan. I will give OTH credit, when it comes to casting kids/parents, they're pretty spot on in looks. It's kind of scary how they can look so much alike and not even be related (i.e. James and Paul, or Daphne and Sophia). Like I said, I was just basing that idea on looks.


    Stellar, your idea about Keith actually being Lucas' father is a really good one; I never even thought about that. It would be totally dramatic, and all the more heart-breaking, since Keith is dead now. It's just like the beginning of S5 when Jackson was cast as Jamie, and he looked so much like Chad that there werecomments on other discussion boardsabout what if Haley/Lucas slept together once and don't remember, and Jamie's actually Luke's kid?(there's afan fiction about that too). The fact that Jamie/Lucas look so much alike was also referenced in episode 5x09. Anyway, I'm sure Jackson was probably cast because he was the best choice; they weren't really that concerned with looks. Either that or they cast a kid who looked similar to Chad because theywere focusing on the Keith/Lucasparallelsbetween Lucas/Jamie, (even though Lucas/Keith don't look alike). It could've been both reasons though.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [77]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    I would also love to see an E! True Hollywood Story about One Tree Hill one day. I bet there was a lot of drama behind the scenes sometimes, besides what went on between Chad/Sophia, and Antwon's legal troubles (I'm a gossip wh@re sometimes). This will probably never happen though because they don't impress me as the kind of cast and crew that would tell each other's business.



    Lol. I agree, but I would love this, even if they were positive the whole time. Im just wondering whether Chad and/or Hilarie would come back for it so I feel like if they were going to, they shouldve done it a while back. But still even if it was Sophia, James and Joy Id still watch it.


    I have always wondered what the friendships were like. Like were they actually as good of friends as they were on set. lol. I have always wondered if Sophia and Joy were great friends and even James and Joy.


    I would love E! true hollywood story to happen, even more now it's ending everyone can talk about what really happened in those 9 years. Even if they all talk postively about everything, I think that the cast are the type of people not to b!tch about anyone and just sugar coat certain stuff i.e Chad/Sophia's relationship etc. I'm sure at one point during that time would have caused tension etc seeing as Kenzie was an extra as well. In regards to friendship I think that they all probably have different friendships between them. I think that reading stuff from twitter etc I think that Chad/Joy are pretty close and Sophia/Joy since they have been of the show since the beginning and that can be said for James/Joy. But you never know though, because even though all of them are so close with each other on screen doesn't mean there really close off screen. Since everyone is close I wonder if anyone took sides between Chad/Sophia??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [78]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    Nathan does look the most like Dan. I will give OTH credit, when it comes to casting kids/parents, they're pretty spot on in looks. It's kind of scary how they can look so much alike and not even be related (i.e. James and Paul, or Daphne and Sophia). Like I said, I was just basing that idea on looks.


    Yep! Agreed. Sophia and Daphne were another. And yep, the casting director was awesome!

    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    Stellar, your idea about Keith actually being Lucas' father is a really good one; I never even thought about that. It would be totally dramatic, and all the more heart-breaking, since Keith is dead now. It's just like the beginning of S5 when Jackson was cast as Jamie, and he looked so much like Chad that there werecomments on other discussion boardsabout what if Haley/Lucas slept together once and don't remember, and Jamie's actually Luke's kid?(there's afan fiction about that too). The fact that Jamie/Lucas look so much alike was also referenced in episode 5x09. Anyway, I'm sure Jackson was probably cast because he was the best choice; they weren't really that concerned with looks. Either that or they cast a kid who looked similar to Chad because theywere focusing on the Keith/Lucasparallelsbetween Lucas/Jamie, (even though Lucas/Keith don't look alike). It could've been both reasons though.


    Thanks! I had this idea a while back and thought they were going to do around s4 but they never did. Then I laughed at myself and thought that must be too soap-y even for this show lol As far as Jackson goes, yeah I think it could be for a variety of reasons but its funny because the other day I was watchin an ep, I think it was s7 and if you took away the hair, Jackson looked A LOT like James. Again its hard to explain but with the small chin and big blue eyes, I just saw it. The blonde hair I just fan-wank that it came from Haley, just that she dies it darker most of the time, but her s3 blonder hair is real hair color (esp. since Joy is a blonde in real life, like that pic we saw of her on the wedding wall).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [79]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    Nathan does look the most like Dan. I will give OTH credit, when it comes to casting kids/parents, they're pretty spot on in looks. It's kind of scary how they can look so much alike and not even be related (i.e. James and Paul, or Daphne and Sophia). Like I said, I was just basing that idea on looks.


    Yep! Agreed. Sophia and Daphne were another. And yep, the casting director was awesome!
    Yeah I agree, James/Paul and Sophia/Daphne both really do look alike. I always thought that Austin Nichols and Gregory Harrison (Julian's dad) were a pretty good match as well, I'd say they look kinda alike as well.

    As for Jamie, I do sorta see the resemblence to James, moreso in season 7 and after. And I guess we can assume that Jamie got the blonde hair from Haley's side (if she is actually blonde naturally). But then again, Lucas somehow managed to get blonde hair even though he has two dark-haired parents... haha.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [80]Feb 10, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    bronbrons27 wrote:

    As for Jamie, I do sorta see the resemblence to James, moreso in season 7 and after. And I guess we can assume that Jamie got the blonde hair from Haley's side (if she is actually blonde naturally). But then again, Lucas somehow managed to get blonde hair even though he has two dark-haired parents... haha.


    Season 1 haley had brown hair. So we can assume that that is her natural hair color. I never really paid any attention to the hair color thing because it IS possible to see a child with a completely different hair color as the parents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.