One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

stellarchick86

[81]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 32
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I always thought that Austin Nichols and Gregory Harrison (Julian's dad) were a pretty good match as well, I'd say they look kinda alike as well.

Yes!! Those were another two. They looked incredibly alike, right down to the forehead LOL

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Season 1 haley had brown hair. So we can assume that that is her natural hair color.

Wellll Haley had red hair first, so if you want to get technical then you can assume that that was her natural hair color. But considering that 1. it looked died and not natural, 2. she was dying her hair something different all the time and 3. her hair was blonde on the wedding wall for when she was a kid, Id say she was prob. blonder. I think I remember Joy or someone saying once that she is naturally blonde and then I thought she said she died it darker to get away from feeling like she looks too much like the Mary-Kates of the world
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bronbrons27

[82]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 14
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    I always thought that Austin Nichols and Gregory Harrison (Julian's dad) were a pretty good match as well, I'd say they look kinda alike as well.

Yes!! Those were another two. They looked incredibly alike, right down to the forehead LOL
    LOL especially the forehead, they both have huge foreheads. Or as Julian likes to call it, a "five-head", hahaha.

And about Haley's hair, yeah I have no idea what her natural hair colour is supposed to be... although we can probably assume blonde (from the picture of her as a child, like Stellar said). Seems like Haley has a different hair colour in every season though, haha.

TreeHill_89

[83]Feb 11, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:

LOL especially the forehead, they both have huge foreheads. Or as Julian likes to call it, a "five-head", hahaha.

And about Haley's hair, yeah I have no idea what her natural hair colour is supposed to be... although we can probably assume blonde (from the picture of her as a child, like Stellar said). Seems like Haley has a different hair colour in every season though, haha.

haha! She did though, she kept changing it mid season as well, and her hair cuts but Joy is someone who suits every hair colour. She can never bored lol

Justlikeheaven_

[84]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 33
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:

haha! She did though, she kept changing it mid season as well, and her hair cuts but Joy is someone who suits every hair colour. She can never bored lol

Yeah, every hairstyle, and hair color she had never looked bad on her.

stellarchick86

[85]Feb 11, 2012
    Heh I was watchin s7 eps of Lydias return last night and they kept showing photos of Haley as a blonde and she was so cute. There was one of the 3 sisters and Lydia. Lydia and Haley were blonde and the 2 sisters were brunette. Kind of strange but I guess it could happen. As I said, my brother had very blonde hair as a kid and I had such dark hair it was almost black yet both of my parents just have brown hair.

Justlikeheaven_

[86]Feb 11, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Heh I was watchin s7 eps of Lydias return last night and they kept showing photos of Haley as a blonde and she was so cute. There was one of the 3 sisters and Lydia. Lydia and Haley were blonde and the 2 sisters were brunette. Kind of strange but I guess it could happen. As I said, my brother had very blonde hair as a kid and I had such dark hair it was almost black yet both of my parents just have brown hair.

Wow, we must think alike because I actually just watched a season 7 episode where lydia returned. It was the episode without taylor though....the one where they did an early christmas for her at the end. I think they actually took actual photos of Joy as a kid. Since we were talking about characters looking like their character parents, i was watching another season 7 episode and I have to say, Jackson kinda looks like James in a way.

stellarchick86

[87]Feb 11, 2012
    Yeah, completely agree with what you said. And oh how funny! I was watching all the Lydia eps last night and the night before. Last night I left off at the one where Haley breaks down crying outside her house at the end. I guess I only have a few more until s8. I still dont have it yet. I was debating whether or not I wanted to buy it because Im not the biggest fan of s8 but Ive only seen it once, live, so Im hoping its better when you watch is a marathon than when its week-to-week with hiatuses and stuff like that. Ive realized that about OTH since s5 that its better as a marathon than stand alone eps.
    Edited on 02/11/2012 8:46pm

bronbrons27

[88]Feb 11, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im not the biggest fan of s8 but Ive only seen it once, live, so Im hoping its better when you watch is a marathon than when its week-to-week with hiatuses and stuff like that. Ive realized that about OTH since s5 that its better as a marathon than stand alone eps.
    Hahaha yeah I totally agree. I really didn't like season 6 or 7 that much when I saw them on TV, but when I bought the DVDs and just watched the seasons in a marathon, I liked them waaay better. I hope season 8 will be the same as well, whenever I get around to buying that one.

stellarchick86

[89]Feb 11, 2012
    ^Lol I completely agree.

I actually like the last half of s7 a lot but the first half was a bit slow because it was about Julian/Alex/her script which I thought was tedious and introducing the C/Q drama. The ones I think are pretty cool is the '80s one and the ones where the guys go camping because they act about their age. After that, once it gets to the James family, the Alex sextape, Haleys' depression, etc I think its pretty interesting. I actually think Katie is okay for entertainment value, better than seeing Quinn nag at Clay all the time or her doing something stupid, but the SL just sems a bit illogical to me and I thought the episodes after the shooting where they were in the hospital COMPLETELY boring. Actually, since Im re-watching the end of s7 and Im reminded of the Grubbs/Miranda filler and the Alexander/Victoria stuff (which was basically a repeat of Skills/Deb though at least this had a few snarky comments from Brooke) Im not as found of the last half as I thought I was LOL

S6 was a mixed bag for me. I cant break it down into halves because I feel like some of the first half was awesome and some of it was filler and some of the last half was awesome and some filler. It just depends on the ep I guess. But in general OTH is like that where the first half is slow setting everything up and then the last 10 eps or so make all the drama come full circle until the finale.

Edited on 02/11/2012 10:13pm

Justlikeheaven_

[90]Feb 12, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, completely agree with what you said. And oh how funny! I was watching all the Lydia eps last night and the night before. Last night I left off at the one where Haley breaks down crying outside her house at the end. I guess I only have a few more until s8. I still dont have it yet. I was debating whether or not I wanted to buy it because Im not the biggest fan of s8 but Ive only seen it once, live, so Im hoping its better when you watch is a marathon than when its week-to-week with hiatuses and stuff like that. Ive realized that about OTH since s5 that its better as a marathon than stand alone eps.

I think you should buy season 8. I got the season 8 boxset for christmas and when i started to watch it again for the second time, the episodes seemed better than the first time. Even though i had liked them in the beginning. I have all the boxsets, and even though i didnt find season 5 and 6 my favorite seasons, i still got them because of the simple reason that OTH is my all time fav tv show so there are atleast a few eps that i like. So even if you didn't like a season, there has to be ONE episode that you really liked and most likely will want to watch again in the future.

Princess_Pinky

[91]Feb 12, 2012
    • level: 11

Can't remember if I've replied to this thread before or not. Oh well:

1. Peyton and Luke should've come back and been there during Lydia's cancer storyline. There could've been a lot of potential for Haley-Peyton bonding and comfort over that experience.

2. Meeting more of the James kids when Lydia was sick, such as at the hospital or at the funeral.

3. A Brulian breakup.

4. Jake and Jenny coming back to town and a Brooke/Jake endgame, without the Brooke-can't-have-children-then-miraculously-gets-pregnant-with-twins storyline. (If we had gotten Brooke/Jake, I would've been content if Brooke never got pregnant. Or, to see an in vitro storyline, where she does eventually get pregnant with Jake, after trial and error, and thus Jenny gets a baby brother.)

stellarchick86

[92]Feb 12, 2012

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I think you should buy season 8. I got the season 8 boxset for christmas and when i started to watch it again for the second time, the episodes seemed better than the first time. Even though i had liked them in the beginning. I have all the boxsets, and even though i didnt find season 5 and 6 my favorite seasons, i still got them because of the simple reason that OTH is my all time fav tv show so there are atleast a few eps that i like. So even if you didn't like a season, there has to be ONE episode that you really liked and most likely will want to watch again in the future.

Yeah, Im sure I will to complete the collection. And yeah there is definitely ONE episode. As Ive said before, I like the Brooke wedding episodes and the one w/ the hurricane. I just dont think its enough for me to rush out and buy it because theres a lot of filler stuff too. But as I said, Im sure I will. I just finished up s7 last night so it makes sense to re-watch s8 at some point.

Princess_Pinky wrote:

1. Peyton and Luke should've come back and been there during Lydia's cancer storyline. There could've been a lot of potential for Haley-Peyton bonding and comfort over that experience.

2. Meeting more of the James kids when Lydia was sick, such as at the hospital or at the funeral.

Wow! Pinky! Havent seen you around in a while. Thought you gave up on the show LOL But I completely agree with these.

Princess_Pinky wrote:
    4. Jake and Jenny coming back to town and a Brooke/Jake endgame, without the Brooke-can't-have-children-then-miraculously-gets-pregnant-with-twins storyline. (If we had gotten Brooke/Jake, I would've been content if Brooke never got pregnant. Or, to see an in vitro storyline, where she does eventually get pregnant with Jake, after trial and error, and thus Jenny gets a baby brother.)

Hmm. Well I cant say that I agree with the Jake/Brooke stuff (sorry, after Lucas I preferred her with Owen and I preferred Peyton with Jake but thats a different story altogether) but even as a Brooke fan I thought the "miraculously gets pregnant thing" was ridiculous. I never for a minute thought that she couldnt have kids, as I mentioned before, but if they were going to go through with the adoption thing anyway, then Id prefer they just get their kids that way rather than "Omg now Im pregnant all of a sudden!" and then flashing through her pregnancy in 1 episode which irked me. What I think they shouldve done maybe is have her have her twin boys through adoption in s8, flash-forward a year, and then have Brooke find out in the s9 premiere that her and Julian had a "miracle" conception and then have her pregnant throughout s9 where she finally has a daughter at the end of it and they can show future montages of her with her. So its not so much a miracle because Brooke can have kids anyway but just that its a miracle because Brooke wanted a daughter and now she has one. Tons of shows do that where one of the lead females thinks she cant have a baby so she adopts (usually a Chinese daughter) and then sometime later she finds out shes pregannt too so she has 2 kids. It happened with Charlotte on Sex and the City and Carrie on King of Queens. I dont see why they couldnt just do that with Brooke if they were going to have her pregnant anyway. Then youd know how long s9 was supposed to be because it would take place over the span of 9 months and Brooke fans would still get to see her pregnant.

bronbrons27

[93]Feb 12, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I thought the episodes after the shooting where they were in the hospital COMPLETELY boring. Actually, since Im re-watching the end of s7 and Im reminded of the Grubbs/Miranda filler and the Alexander/Victoria stuff (which was basically a repeat of Skills/Deb though at least this had a few snarky comments from Brooke) Im not as found of the last half as I thought I was LOL

S6 was a mixed bag for me. I cant break it down into halves because I feel like some of the first half was awesome and some of it was filler and some of the last half was awesome and some filler. It just depends on the ep I guess. But in general OTH is like that where the first half is slow setting everything up and then the last 10 eps or so make all the drama come full circle until the finale.

Oh I agree, the first like 4 episodes of season 8, while Clay and Quinn were in the hospital, I found completely boring as well! It did get a little better, but I still think I prefer season 7 (minus Miranda/Grubbs, haha).

I did quite like season 6, especially the movie storyline, Sam (who I much preferred over Quentin in season 5), the introduction of Julian, and I EVEN didn't mind Leyton so much in that season either...

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Hmm. Well I cant say that I agree with the Jake/Brooke stuff (sorry, after Lucas I preferred her with Owen and I preferred Peyton with Jake but thats a different story altogether) but even as a Brooke fan I thought the "miraculously gets pregnant thing" was ridiculous.
    I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Jake come back, and Brooke and Jake end up together. Obviously I prefer Jake&Peyton, but if a Brooke/Jake endgame meant that Jake was back on the show for good, I would have absolutely loved it, because I love Jake so much. And I honestly like Brooke with anyone really (except maybe Felix), so I would have been fine with her ending up with Jake, Lucas, Owen, Chase, or even Clay or Nathan. And I do like Brulian as well.

And I also think that Brooke becoming a mother to Jenny would have been waaaay better than the "miraculous pregnancy", but I think they rushed Brooke's pregnancy mainly because no one was sure that we were going to get a season 9, therefore Mark wanted to give Brooke and Julian their "happy ending" at the end of season 8, so we could see Brooke with a proper family, just in case that was it for the show.

stellarchick86

[94]Feb 12, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    but I think they rushed Brooke's pregnancy mainly because no one was sure that we were going to get a season 9, therefore Mark wanted to give Brooke and Julian their "happy ending" at the end of season 8, so we could see Brooke with a proper family, just in case that was it for the show.

Oh yeah, I know thats why they rushed it, but Id prefer if they had her get babies through adoption and then thatd be that rather than dropping the adoption thing and then have her become within 9 months pregnant in one episode and then have it be twins at that. Im about the biggest Brooke fan there was and I didnt care whether she had her own kids or not, as long as she had them, so I wasnt like "yay now she has her OWN kids!". If she could love Angie that much for a few weeks, imagine how much shed love her own kids even if they werent biological. I felt like they had no idea what to do towards the end of s8 and just added this in and it just bugged LOL

LeytonTLA

[95]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    but I think they rushed Brooke's pregnancy mainly because no one was sure that we were going to get a season 9, therefore Mark wanted to give Brooke and Julian their "happy ending" at the end of season 8, so we could see Brooke with a proper family, just in case that was it for the show.

Oh yeah, I know thats why they rushed it, but Id prefer if they had her get babies through adoption and then thatd be that rather than dropping the adoption thing and then have her become within 9 months pregnant in one episode and then have it be twins at that. Im about the biggest Brooke fan there was and I didnt care whether she had her own kids or not, as long as she had them, so I wasnt like "yay now she has her OWN kids!". If she could love Angie that much for a few weeks, imagine how much shed love her own kids even if they werent biological. I felt like they had no idea what to do towards the end of s8 and just added this in and it just bugged LOL

Yeah i agree i wish they had shown all the doctors stuff with brooke cos when she just came in saying she couldnt have kids and what not i was just like are you actually kidding that this is all the info your gonna give us, i would of liked to have known ecxactly why - like on friends basically, i wish they had done all that stuff for brooke, it felt like they were just like oh brooke wants kids badly i need some drama yup she cant have kids ,.. pointless!

bronbrons27

[96]Feb 13, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah I honestly wouldn't have minded if Brooke had adopted instead... I would have been just as content with that. Plus, it would have been waaaay more realistic.

Also, I wasn't sure which thread to post this on, so I just figured I'd do it here. I saw this picture on Twitter today, and thought you guys might like to see it. I found it hilarious!

pic.twitter.com/EORDT46U

Justlikeheaven_

[97]Feb 13, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah I honestly wouldn't have minded if Brooke had adopted instead... I would have been just as content with that. Plus, it would have been waaaay more realistic.

Also, I wasn't sure which thread to post this on, so I just figured I'd do it here. I saw this picture on Twitter today, and thought you guys might like to see it. I found it hilarious!

pic.twitter.com/EORDT46U

That picture is prettty funny. I am like going crazy waiting for Wednesday to come!!!! lol. I am loving the whole storyline.

stellarchick86

[98]Feb 13, 2012

I agree with the last few posts...

Doesnt Chad come back in 9x07? And this week is 9x06. Just wondering if I heard wrong or something. Plus Id think thered be promos of him all over the place..?

Justlikeheaven_

[99]Feb 13, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

I agree with the last few posts...

Doesnt Chad come back in 9x07? And this week is 9x06. Just wondering if I heard wrong or something. Plus Id think thered be promos of him all over the place..?

Yeah, i think so. Thats what I read in the spoilers anyway. It isn't this week that he comes back, but the following week. I am excited to be honest. I want to see how the scenes are between Haley and Jamie.

stellarchick86

[100]Feb 13, 2012
    ^Yeah, I agree, I hope so too. I hope there are a lot of scenes between Nathan, Lucas and Dan but who knows.