One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

Justlikeheaven_

[121]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 33
    LeytonTLA wrote:

im trying so hard not to watch so i dont have to skip between seasons as soon as i watch the finale i will be re watching!!

I know i will be watching the whole entire series once season 9 is over because i will automattically miss it, so i have been trying not to watch my boxsets for awhile. Even though today i did give in and watched TWO episodes HAHA!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeytonTLA

[122]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

im trying so hard not to watch so i dont have to skip between seasons as soon as i watch the finale i will be re watching!!

I know i will be watching the whole entire series once season 9 is over because i will automattically miss it, so i have been trying not to watch my boxsets for awhile. Even though today i did give in and watched TWO episodes HAHA!!

haha which ones?

Justlikeheaven_

[123]Feb 19, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

haha which ones?

I watched "Attempt to tip the scales" and "How a reserection really feels" haha. I love season 3. It's like my all time favorite season.

LeytonTLA

[124]Feb 19, 2012

i cant just watch random episodes, i have to watch from the beginning just to get to the ones i REALLY want to see

stellarchick86

[125]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 32
    LeytonTLA wrote:

i cant just watch random episodes, i have to watch from the beginning just to get to the ones i REALLY want to see

Same here, even with how much I also love s3.

Justlikeheaven_

[126]Feb 19, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

oh, yeah. i watch favorite episodes atleast when it comes to the seasons that i watch ALL the time and season 3, that is a season i OVER watch lol. But when i watched season 7 and 8 a few weeks ago, i watched in order. But i have a feeling that when season 9 ends and the boxset comes out, i will watch starting at season 1 and go in order with all the episodes and all the seasons.

LeytonTLA

[127]Feb 19, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

oh, yeah. i watch favorite episodes atleast when it comes to the seasons that i watch ALL the time and season 3, that is a season i OVER watch lol. But when i watched season 7 and 8 a few weeks ago, i watched in order. But i have a feeling that when season 9 ends and the boxset comes out, i will watch starting at season 1 and go in order with all the episodes and all the seasons.

yeah i'll definitely re watch every episode in order once the series finishes

bronbrons27

[128]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 14
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

yeah i'll definitely re watch every episode in order once the series finishes
    Me too! I'm definitely going to re-watch the entire series through once season 9 finishes. And I'm actually the type of fan that can watch random episodes, I tend to do that sometimes. I've been watching quite a few season 7 episodes recently, and it's making me like Clay/Quinn a whole lot more, their first kiss scene is actually so cute.

Justlikeheaven_

[129]Feb 19, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    And I'm actually the type of fan that can watch random episodes, I tend to do that sometimes..

Yeah i mean everyone has their favorite episodes so when i am in the mood to watch some OTH i will pick some of my favorites and just watch them. lol.

stellarchick86

[130]Feb 21, 2012
    As Ive been re-watching s8 lately, I actually have to say its not too bad. There are still some things that bug me/arent perfect, but its not too bad. I think, as Ive said, you really have to watch the adult years as a marathon rather than one episode a week otherwise it seems worse than it is. I liked that they made it more sitcom-y than dramatic as s7 was kind of heavy most of the time. I laughed so hard during the Thanksgiving episode and I also loved the one where the guys/Alex have poker night too. Now Im on the hurricane ep- yay!!
    Edited on 02/21/2012 4:22am

Justlikeheaven_

[131]Feb 21, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    As Ive been re-watching s8 lately, I actually have to say its not too bad. There are still some things that bug me/arent perfect, but its not too bad. I think, as Ive said, you really have to watch the adult years as a marathon rather than one episode a week otherwise it seems worse than it is. I liked that they made it more sitcom-y than dramatic as s7 was kind of heavy most of the time. I laughed so hard during the Thanksgiving episode and I also loved the one where the guys/Alex have poker night too. Now Im on the hurricane ep- yay!!

haha. Thats good to hear! lol. I also liked the Thanksgving episode. One of my favorite episodes in t hat season.

LeytonTLA

[132]Feb 21, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

haha. Thats good to hear! lol. I also liked the Thanksgving episode. One of my favorite episodes in t hat season.

I enjoyed the whole hurricane and car crash storyline and how it all connected with him at college i thought the story of him going to college was good as well, i would love them to do a season back when they were all in college

Justlikeheaven_

[133]Feb 21, 2012

LeytonTLA wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I enjoyed the whole hurricane and car crash storyline and how it all connected with him at college i thought the story of him going to college was good as well, i would love them to do a season back when they were all in college
    That would have been cool if they did a season of them in college only because they didnt have as many flashbacks in season 5 as i had hoped, but i actually think they made the right choice to do the 4 year jump instead. Only because tv shows always seemed to go downhill and get cancelled after 1 season of college days. But OTH, they chose to skip the college years and continue after they got out of college and....We made it5 seasons past the highschool years which i still think is awesome.

Edited on 02/21/2012 11:07am

stellarchick86

[134]Feb 21, 2012
    Yeah, agreed, I like when they skip college altogether. Ive been hoping that 90210 would do the 4 year jump thing as this college season has been awful LOL but oh well

Justlikeheaven_

[135]Feb 21, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, agreed, I like when they skip college altogether. Ive been hoping that 90210 would do the 4 year jump thing as this college season has been awful LOL but oh well

I guess OTH was the only one with the common sense to do the smart thing. Lol. But see, it is one of the things that has made OTH great.

stellarchick86

[136]Feb 21, 2012
    ^Yep, agreed. It really refreshed the show because the characters were starting over again and you got to see how theyve matured and grown since the beginning of the series. By having it just go to college, you basically have the same thing all over again that youve had in the previous seasons so it would get tired. Then you have to worry about are all the characters going to go to the same college, like the original 90210 or what are you going to do to keep them all together.

Justlikeheaven_

[137]Feb 22, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep, agreed. It really refreshed the show because the characters were starting over again and you got to see how theyve matured and grown since the beginning of the series. By having it just go to college, you basically have the same thing all over again that youve had in the previous seasons so it would get tired. Then you have to worry about are all the characters going to go to the same college, like the original 90210 or what are you going to do to keep them all together.

Yeah. Exactly. With doing the 4 year jump, it almost would be considered a new show within an old one. Sorta like a spin off but not really. lol. The college years i have noticed, even with older shows like Dawsons Creek, it start to become boring because the characters are in the same place they were when they ended highschool. And when the characters go to different colleges, it doesnt work at all. You have to keep the core characters in the same town.

stellarchick86

[138]Feb 22, 2012
    Yep, agreed. Plus the network execs arent going to pay for actors to go to different towns to shoot scenes all the time either. This was the perfect excuse to get everyone back together. I also liked that some of the characters didnt become rich and famous right away and that they struggled to get on top (well mainly Brooke was on top and I guess you could say Lucas. Nathan, Peyton, Mouth, Skills and Im sure others Im missing all had to find their way. Haleys sort of somewhere in the middle).

TreeHill_89

[139]Feb 23, 2012
    I agree with both of you, as it would have been harder to get everyone together if they were going to college in different states and secondly taking away the college doesn't take away from the show at all! as OTH realised. It was refreshing to see them longer and seeing them at the beginning of their careers and some trying to find a where they fit into that in terms of there career path and life etc. And being 22 myself what most of the characters faced is realistic because I'm going through that as well. I remember, I think it was Mark who said this or other producer (which i forgot his name) in an interview i was watching on youtube. They said it was easy for them to skip college as they could use flashbacks and fill in the gaps and for example the river boys all sharing a apartment together was siginficant somehow to them being in college but I forgot and it was such a good point, becuase I remember thinking 'oh yeah' I see what they did there haha. p,s 90210 college is just boring now, everytime I watch it me and my sister always guess right as too what happens next and It's weird now some of them hang together in the college that they don't attend! but most of them haven't gone to college neither so i'm assuming its so they can be in the show.

Justlikeheaven_

[140]Feb 23, 2012
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    It was refreshing to see them longer and seeing them at the beginning of their careers and some trying to find a where they fit into that in terms of there career path and life etc. And being 22 myself what most of the characters faced is realistic because I'm going through that as well.

Agreed. And at the point of their lives when they are out of college starting their careers is when you see the characters grow and mature the most. That is why i love to look back at the highschool seasons compared to the adult years because it is sometimes crazy how much they have grown as people. They have taken that time to find themselves and find where they are in the world. I am 21, and even though i am still in college, like you said, it is realistic because at this age you start to find your career path and everything.

I dont know why writers just dont learn that college does not work. And though i dont want people to copy off of OTH, they should see OTH as an example show because we have had 9 seasons!!!