One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

TreeHill_89

[141]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 32
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    It was refreshing to see them longer and seeing them at the beginning of their careers and some trying to find a where they fit into that in terms of there career path and life etc. And being 22 myself what most of the characters faced is realistic because I'm going through that as well.

Agreed. And at the point of their lives when they are out of college starting their careers is when you see the characters grow and mature the most. That is why i love to look back at the highschool seasons compared to the adult years because it is sometimes crazy how much they have grown as people. They have taken that time to find themselves and find where they are in the world. I am 21, and even though i am still in college, like you said, it is realistic because at this age you start to find your career path and everything.

I dont know why writers just dont learn that college does not work. And though i dont want people to copy off of OTH, they should see OTH as an example show because we have had 9 seasons!!!

I agree, if OTH didn't have the 4 year jump then it would have ended pretty quickly, but even though people might say that adult years werent as good as high school years. Can you imagine if they showed the college years? That would have been worse!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Justlikeheaven_

[142]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 33
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    TreeHill_89 wrote:
    It was refreshing to see them longer and seeing them at the beginning of their careers and some trying to find a where they fit into that in terms of there career path and life etc. And being 22 myself what most of the characters faced is realistic because I'm going through that as well.

Agreed. And at the point of their lives when they are out of college starting their careers is when you see the characters grow and mature the most. That is why i love to look back at the highschool seasons compared to the adult years because it is sometimes crazy how much they have grown as people. They have taken that time to find themselves and find where they are in the world. I am 21, and even though i am still in college, like you said, it is realistic because at this age you start to find your career path and everything.

I dont know why writers just dont learn that college does not work. And though i dont want people to copy off of OTH, they should see OTH as an example show because we have had 9 seasons!!!

I agree, if OTH didn't have the 4 year jump then it would have ended pretty quickly, but even though people might say that adult years werent as good as high school years. Can you imagine if they showed the college years? That would have been worse!

Yeah i agree totally!! And if they only did the college years, we probably would not have gotten to see as much of their life as we did. I mean, if you think about it, we saw most of their lives while we had the adult years. We only saw 2 years of highschool with them. So if they did college years we probably see only just as much as we did with the highschool years..... Since they chose to do the 4 year jump, we have gotten to see 10 years of their life.

stellarchick86

[143]Feb 25, 2012
    You guys are right. The show went on for 5 years after HS, but those wouldve essentially been the college years and the actors wouldnt have wanted to go on with this show forever. So its good that we saw them start their careers, get married, have kids, etc rather than see them in different colleges, isolated and dragging on with the same ole SLs. The original 90210 is the only show where I wasnt bored with the college years and thats probably in large part to them staying in the same state, as contrived as it was, and the introduction of Valerie. The new 90210 sucks when it comes to that, I found Gossip Girl to get boring when college started, and I didnt care for The OCs college year even though all of them werent in college anyway. I didnt watch Dawsons Creek so I cant speak for that but..yeah. Id much rather them be out of college and then flash back when we need to, than to see that and only that. I think it wouldve been cancelled earlier on. And it wouldve sucked for me, as a Brooke fan, because we wouldve never gotten Julian, her marriage, her twins, etc. LP probably wouldve turned out the same way with Chad leaving, and then with Naley I think it just depended on whether or not the show wouldve been cancelled before Joy got pregnant, leaving us without Lydia.

Justlikeheaven_

[144]Feb 26, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    You guys are right. The show went on for 5 years after HS, but those wouldve essentially been the college years and the actors wouldnt have wanted to go on with this show forever. So its good that we saw them start their careers, get married, have kids, etc rather than see them in different colleges, isolated and dragging on with the same ole SLs. The original 90210 is the only show where I wasnt bored with the college years and thats probably in large part to them staying in the same state, as contrived as it was, and the introduction of Valerie. The new 90210 sucks when it comes to that, I found Gossip Girl to get boring when college started, and I didnt care for The OCs college year even though all of them werent in college anyway. I didnt watch Dawsons Creek so I cant speak for that but..yeah. Id much rather them be out of college and then flash back when we need to, than to see that and only that. I think it wouldve been cancelled earlier on. And it wouldve sucked for me, as a Brooke fan, because we wouldve never gotten Julian, her marriage, her twins, etc. LP probably wouldve turned out the same way with Chad leaving, and then with Naley I think it just depended on whether or not the show wouldve been cancelled before Joy got pregnant, leaving us without Lydia.
    I only saw Dawsons creek through dvds after the show ended and it their colleges years were so dumb. They tried to pull it off with everyone being in different towns. Everyones scenes seemed to be over the phone. But, Yeah about one tree hill we know there is a another supposed time jump at the end of the finale, we are going to be seeing even more of their life. It definitely leaves us with a satisfying feeling because we have been with OTH for so long, so it is almost necessary to know what a lot of their lives are like. Even though we won't be seeing them when they are 80 HAHA.

stellarchick86

[145]Feb 26, 2012
    Lol. Seeing Brooke when shes 80 would be pretty interesting to me haha

Justlikeheaven_

[146]Feb 26, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Seeing them all when they are 80 would be pretty interesting. lol!!!

Princess_Pinky

[147]Feb 26, 2012
    • level: 11

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

It's kind of too bad they didn't do a flashforward at 80. Then they could just recast everyone and include Lucas and Peyton at 80 too. And show all the kids grown up and even the grandkids. Tongue out

stellarchick86

[148]Feb 26, 2012
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

It's kind of too bad they didn't do a flashforward at 80. Then they could just recast everyone and include Lucas and Peyton at 80 too. And show all the kids grown up and even the grandkids. Tongue out

Thats actually a really good idea. Kind of sucks. Id love to see Haley as the sweet old grandmother while Brulian will probably end up as the crotchety old people lol
    Edited on 02/26/2012 9:07pm

Justlikeheaven_

[149]Feb 27, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Thats actually a really good idea. Kind of sucks. Id love to see Haley as the sweet old grandmother while Brulian will probably end up as the crotchety old people lol

You occasionally see some sweet old married couples that are still super in love with each other, holding hands and all that stuff, and thats how i picture Nathan and Haley when they are 80 years old. lol!

stellarchick86

[150]Feb 27, 2012

^Hehe thats totally true!

Something I just thought about last night that I wanted to share. Maybe its just me and its not that big of a deal but since we are talking, I wish we would seen more of a reaction to Naleys marriage from Keith. It seemed like he had more of a reaction to Dans heart attack than the marriage. I mean you gotta figure when 2 16 year olds get married that its pretty much a shock, Nathan was his nephew even if they didnt spend much time together and Haley he knew from when she was 9 years old. He didnt even have much to say when they were just dating. I felt like we got a reaction from everyone but him because he was busy with Dan, the move, the dealership, etc. I remember him being there for the reception thing in s2 but he wasnt there long and mainly talked to Karen about moving back. Even Brooke had a stronger reaction, even though she didnt know Haley well at all and I wouldnt call Nathan her 'friend' because she was teasing them about her being pregnant and such. It just wouldve been nice I guess, esp. since he couldnt be there for the 2nd wedding, but no big deal

Edited on 02/27/2012 2:59pm

TreeHill_89

[151]Feb 27, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Something I just thought about last night that I wanted to share. Maybe its just me and its not that big of a deal but since we are talking, I wish we would seen more of a reaction to Naleys marriage from Keith. It seemed more like he had a reaction to Dans heart attack than the marriage. I mean you gotta figure when 2 16 year olds get married that its pretty much a shock, Nathan was his nephew even if they didnt spend much time together and Haley he knew from when she was 9 years old. He didnt even have much to say when they were just datng. I felt like we got a reaction from everyone but him because he was busy with Dan, the move, etc. It just wouldve been nice I guess, esp. since he couldnt be there for the 2nd wedding, but no big deal

Yeah that's very true, like you said Nathan was his Nephew and Haley he knew since she was a little girl as she spent most of her time with Lucas, Karen and Keith for that matter! A scene between all three of them would have been nice or even him telling Nathan to treat Haley right as he has known her since a young age, But i guess he was too focused on Dan drama to do that.

Justlikeheaven_

[152]Feb 27, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Something I just thought about last night that I wanted to share. Maybe its just me and its not that big of a deal but since we are talking, I wish we would seen more of a reaction to Naleys marriage from Keith. It seemed like he had more of a reaction to Dans heart attack than the marriage. I mean you gotta figure when 2 16 year olds get married that its pretty much a shock, Nathan was his nephew even if they didnt spend much time together and Haley he knew from when she was 9 years old. He didnt even have much to say when they were just dating. I felt like we got a reaction from everyone but him because he was busy with Dan, the move, the dealership, etc. I remember him being there for the reception thing in s2 but he wasnt there long and mainly talked to Karen about moving back. Even Brooke had a stronger reaction, even though she didnt know Haley well at all and I wouldnt call Nathan her 'friend' because she was teasing them about her being pregnant and such. It just wouldve been nice I guess, esp. since he couldnt be there for the 2nd wedding, but no big deal

Yeah. Now that you mention it, i would have liked to see that. We never really got any reaction from him. The only reaction that i can think of that could have been about Nathan and Haley being married was the comment Keith had made at the sparkle classic in season 3 about Haley not being a very good influence. I am really not sure if that was pointed about Naley being married in highschool or not.

Speaking of the Scotts, i really would have liked Nathans grandparents to come back for an episode around the time after Nathan and Haley got married, or even after Haley got pregnant and see his grandfathers reaction to it all. Because when they came, Haley and Nathan were just newly together as boyfriend/girlfriend. So it would have been funny to see his reaction to it all with all that happening so quickly. And his grandfather not being that fond of Haley at first, it would have definitely been an interesting visit.

bronbrons27

[153]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^^ I agree with what all you guys have been saying.

I would have loved to see a Keith reaction to the Naley wedding as well. Or even just some more Haley/Keith scenes or dialogue in general really. I mean, Haley is supposed to have known Keith since she was 9 years old, and it's implied that she spent more time with Lucas's family than her own, yet she didn't seem to have really any scenes with Keith, and wasn't even that upset during the episode with his funeral (she seemed to be more interested in spending time with Nathan). I think they should have explored the Haley/Keith relationship a bit more, I think their scenes could have been quite good.

stellarchick86

[154]Feb 27, 2012

Glad that is seems like everyone agrees. I was afraid it was only going to be me lol

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Speaking of the Scotts, i really would have liked Nathans grandparents to come back for an episode around the time after Nathan and Haley got married, or even after Haley got pregnant and see his grandfathers reaction to it all. Because when they came, Haley and Nathan were just newly together as boyfriend/girlfriend. So it would have been funny to see his reaction to it all with all that happening so quickly. And his grandfather not being that fond of Haley at first, it would have definitely been an interesting visit.

I wouldve loved this as well! Esp. since it seems like they are kind of conservative and traditional

bronbrons27 wrote:
    Or even just some more Haley/Keith scenes or dialogue in general really. I mean, Haley is supposed to have known Keith since she was 9 years old, and it's implied that she spent more time with Lucas's family than her own, yet she didn't seem to have really any scenes with Keith, and wasn't even that upset during the episode with his funeral (she seemed to be more interested in spending time with Nathan). I think they should have explored the Haley/Keith relationship a bit more, I think their scenes could have been quite good.

THIS. 100%. If Keith was just a friend but not really that good of a friend like Deb or someone then I could see it but we are supposed to believe that Keith practically spent all of his time around Karen and Lucas when he wasnt working, so he'd know Haley too because she and Lucas would come in to KC after school and eat dinner or something.

Justlikeheaven_

[155]Feb 28, 2012

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I wouldve loved this as well! Esp. since it seems like they are kind of conservative and traditional

Yeah. It would have been interesting. I can just picture it out. Nathans grandfather seemed very outspoken about the way he felt so i could just see him yelling and him saying what was he thinking, and that it is the worst mistake of his life and blah blah blah. And if they visited after Naleys 2ND wedding, it would have been even funnier because by that time Dan and Deb and alll the adult figures in their life accepted that they were married.

stellarchick86 wrote:
    THIS. 100%. If Keith was just a friend but not really that good of a friend like Deb or someone then I could see it but we are supposed to believe that Keith practically spent all of his time around Karen and Lucas when he wasnt working, so he'd know Haley too because she and Lucas would come in to KC after school and eat dinner or something.

I guess they never thought it was important to have scenes with them if there was no real storyline for them. but it would have been nice to see atleast something. They didnt really have many scenes together in the first place. They probably figured we would think they spend some time together off screen lol.

LeytonTLA

[156]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Yeah. It would have been interesting. I can just picture it out. Nathans grandfather seemed very outspoken about the way he felt so i could just see him yelling and him saying what was he thinking, and that it is the worst mistake of his life and blah blah blah. And if they visited after Naleys 2ND wedding, it would have been even funnier because by that time Dan and Deb and alll the adult figures in their life accepted that they were married.

stellarchick86 wrote:

I guess they never thought it was important to have scenes with them if there was no real storyline for them. but it would have been nice to see atleast something. They didnt really have many scenes together in the first place. They probably figured we would think they spend some time together off screen lol.

I do half agree with what everyone says, but i half believe that keith did say stuff to them behind the scenes, i think the fact he went to the reception and didnt have any arguments with them shows he was behind them, i think keith would be behind them just because he loved karen so much and he couldnt have her at the time and he spent so long wanting to be with her he probably thought why not, young love, at least there taking a risk carpe diem however its spelt ... but also in regard to how well haley and keith knew each other, in episode one or two keith says doesnt she ever go home and karen explains that she showed up at the door at 9 years old and said youve got a small family you could use me more or something, and they were 17 he would know that by now if he spent time with haley as well, maybe it was a case of he knew her but not that well, but when he told them they were engaged he told haley and lucas together ... like a family... i choose to believe that he knew her just as well as he could and it would of been great to see more scenes between them , the ones we got were great

Justlikeheaven_

[157]Feb 28, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    but when he told them they were engaged he told haley and lucas together ... like a family... i choose to believe that he knew her just as well as he could and it would of been great to see more scenes between them , the ones we got were great

Yeah. Thats the way i feel too. It seemed like she was "family" but not family.

stellarchick86

[158]Feb 28, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    i half believe that keith did say stuff to them behind the scenes, i think the fact he went to the reception and didnt have any arguments with them shows he was behind them

Im sure he was behind them, I wasnt trying to say that he wasnt, its just that it wouldve been nice for Keith to have a bit of shock about it, esp. since he knew Haley better than Nathan even if he was his own nephew. It wouldve been an interesting dynamic. I can see him making a snarky comment about how everything changed in just 24 hours or something. And Im sure he said something BTS when its BTS we dont get to see it.

stellarchick86

[159]Apr 1, 2012

Since this show is almost over, I thought Id resurrect this from the dead haha

Anyway, my SL is about Whitey. I wish they wouldve brought him back for the burning boat, to see him one last time. I could see them not wanting to bring Barry back just for that but at the same time it wouldve been nice to see him. I was always expecting a funeral SL for him in s6 when all the characters wouldve been around. It wouldve meant more than Quentin since we knew Whitey well plus it would be bittersweet to know that hes reunited with Camilla and Keith. When they kill off a young teenager, its just depressing. Maybe they had planned for it before Chad wanted to leave, and then with him gone it wouldnt mean much, but that was always what I wouldve liked to see.

bronbrons27

[160]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^^ I agree! It would have been great to see him at the burning boat.

Or even a funeral storyline for him in season 6, like you said. To be honest, I never really liked Quentin in season 5 or 6, and still don't. I much preferred Sam in season 6, and all of her storylines with Brooke, Jack and Julian.
    So yeah, I think a Whitney storyline and funeral would have been better for seasons 5/6, instead of Quentin.