One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [161]Apr 1, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Agreed. I think maybe Dan shouldve went over to Whiteys and done that whole 'kill me scene' and then they get to talking and he finds out that Whiteys brain tumor became malignant and hes only got a month or so to live. Lucas/Nathan go over there on his death bed to say goodbye. Then the funeral episode happens. Then when Nathan finally finds out he made it into the NBA, it would be bittersweet because its like Whitey is watching over him from above, plus he'd have to tell him the good news at his grave-site. Xavier killing Q was the only thing that was meaningful about Q being killed off yet I think Xavier attacking Brooke shouldve been random, rather than drag everyone into it, to offset how Derek wasnt random since he knew so much about Peyton.
    Edited on 04/01/2012 5:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [162]Apr 3, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    I was just watching the episode in season 2 when Nathan got into his race car accident, and i thought about something. I think it would have been cool to have that girl Daytona back for another episode later in the series. Only because it seemed that Nathan and Daytona were friends when they were kids. So it wouldn't have been out of place if she came back to visit when everyone was adults.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [163]Apr 9, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    You know how we were all kind of debating whether or not Karen knew Keith first, which lead to her going out with Dan or she knew Dan but Keith knew her as his brother and liked her anyway? Well I watching I think it was 1x03 the other night and Karen said to Lucas "Ive known Keith my whole life [and it was the first time I had ever seen him cry]". So my guess is that Karen knew Keith first and then went out with Dan from there. It would also make the whole Karen/Haley parallel that much nicer since Keith would be like her Lucas and Dan would be like her Nathan (since Haley wouldnt have really known Nathan if it wasnt for Lucas). Anyway, it was just a thought I wanted to say, and I guess Im going to stick with it LOL

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [164]Apr 10, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Except Keith and Karen were engaged and had sex. Are you saying you would like to think that in 10 years TH time you'd like to think Naley divorces and LALEY hook it up a notch?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [165]Apr 10, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Yep. Sure. Why not.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [166]Apr 10, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    You know how we were all kind of debating whether or not Karen knew Keith first, which lead to her going out with Dan or she knew Dan but Keith knew her as his brother and liked her anyway? Well I watching I think it was 1x03 the other night and Karen said to Lucas "Ive known Keith my whole life [and it was the first time I had ever seen him cry]". So my guess is that Karen knew Keith first and then went out with Dan from there. It would also make the whole Karen/Haley parallel that much nicer since Keith would be like her Lucas and Dan would be like her Nathan (since Haley wouldnt have really known Nathan if it wasnt for Lucas). Anyway, it was just a thought I wanted to say, and I guess Im going to stick with it LOL



    You know, now that i think about it, it would kind make a bit sense, because that is kinda like the Lucas, Nathan Haley thing. Haley was best friends with Lucas then started going with Nathan. So, we were wondering how Dan and Karen met, maybe thats how. Maybe Keith was the unpopular kid who was really good friends with Karen (and had a secret crush on her) and Dan was the popular and then Karen ended up going out with Dan, the popular jock. It's a great theory, so im going to stick with that too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [167]Apr 10, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Yep, thanks. And it would make the whole 'Karen being a cheerleader' thing more plausible because maybe she was more like Haley, laidback, because thats what Keith was like too. And then when she went out with Dan maybe she joined cheerleading to be closer to him so she wouldve been sort of more like Peyton; the girl who cheerleads for one reason or another but doesnt actually care all that much about it either way (like Brooke does/would which would maybe be where Sheri fits into it). I mean I know she kept her outfit until the burning boat but that could just be for sentimental reasons tied up with Dan and maybe Keith too. And then when her and Larry are out on the field and she does her cheer, it could just be for sentimental reasons too, plus she seemed to mock it a little bit so I think thats why too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [168]Apr 10, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep, thanks. And it would make the whole 'Karen being a cheerleader' thing more plausible because maybe she was more like Haley, laidback, because thats what Keith was like too. And then when she went out with Dan maybe she joined cheerleading to be closer to him so she wouldve been sort of more like Peyton; the girl who cheerleads for one reason or another but doesnt actually care all that much about it either way (like Brooke does/would which would maybe be where Sheri fits into it). I mean I know she kept her outfit until the burning boat but that could just be for sentimental reasons tied up with Dan and maybe Keith too. And then when her and Larry are out on the field and she does her cheer, it could just be for sentimental reasons too, plus she seemed to mock it a little bit so I think thats why too.


    Yeah. I always thought that is why Sherri fit into the whole scenario the way she did. I always felt that maybe the reason why she was the ways she was, was because she felt threatened by karen because she was cheer captain, but Sherri cared more about the cheerleading than Karen did. Like Sherri being more like a Brooke, where cheerleading was her life.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [169]Apr 11, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Exactly. Glad we can see it the same way. And who knows, maybe she joined the cheerleading team to be like Haley as well, since she joined for friends/Nathan so it could be like Karen doing it for Dan and friends as well. If she was good friends with Keith and was dating Dan, then Im sure come gamedays she was probably bored so it was something to do, especially since how that town treated the basketball team anyway. And then she got out of HS and had Lucas, she prob. felt like it was harder for her to fit in which lead to all the "omg shes a single mom" kind of a thing because she wasnt back like she was in high school anymore, she was just the 'small town girl' she always thought she was, and Sheri wanted to make herself look better by still being the b!tchy popular cheerleader. It kind of reminds me of GCB, if youve seen that show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [170]Apr 11, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Exactly. Glad we can see it the same way. And who knows, maybe she joined the cheerleading team to be like Haley as well, since she joined for friends/Nathan so it could be like Karen doing it for Dan and friends as well. If she was good friends with Keith and was dating Dan, then Im sure come gamedays she was probably bored so it was something to do, especially since how that town treated the basketball team anyway. And then she got out of HS and had Lucas, she prob. felt like it was harder for her to fit in which lead to all the "omg shes a single mom" kind of a thing because she wasnt back like she was in high school anymore, she was just the 'small town girl' she always thought she was, and Sheri wanted to make herself look better by still being the b!tchy popular cheerleader. It kind of reminds me of GCB, if youve seen that show.
    Yeah. It's funny how things are sorta paralleled. I mean, i have always thought that is why "history repeating itself" has always been mentioned on the show. I mean, Dan has said it to Nathan, Whitey has said it Dan i think, Karen has said it to Haley. Like that was the writers intention all along.....to make parallels between the tree hill adults and the tree hill kids. Because we even see it when Nathan and them are adults and we had Jamie, madison, and chuck.

    Edited on 04/11/2012 4:33am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [171]Apr 11, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^Yep, completely agree. Thats why I love this show and thats why Im glad they did the time-jump too because if they did the college years, then what would most likely happen is that after 2 seasons it wouldve ended and we wouldnt have been able to see all of this stuff (like kids, careers, marriage, etc) so
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [172]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep, completely agree. Thats why I love this show and thats why Im glad they did the time-jump too because if they did the college years, then what would most likely happen is that after 2 seasons it wouldve ended and we wouldnt have been able to see all of this stuff (like kids, careers, marriage, etc) so


    Yeah, completely agree. The time jump let us see more of their lives. If they only did the college years we would have only gotten to see about 4 years or so of their life. Assuming that they would do 2 years of college like they did 2 years of high school. But with the time jump, we got to see like 17 years of their life, by the end with the series finale time jump. It's great. lol


    Ok, so i am into season 3 in my OTH marathon, and i thought of something that wish would have gotten mentioned. In the episode of the masquerade party, remember Nathan looks at his high flyers pictures and he has one picture with a girl? then after he sees that picture he calls Chris to come into town. I just wish we knew who that girl was, or what the deal was. It just seemed like it was just something for Nathan to get reminded that he is married and loves haley. I dont know.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [173]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep, completely agree. Thats why I love this show and thats why Im glad they did the time-jump too because if they did the college years, then what would most likely happen is that after 2 seasons it wouldve ended and we wouldnt have been able to see all of this stuff (like kids, careers, marriage, etc) so


    Yeah, completely agree. The time jump let us see more of their lives. If they only did the college years we would have only gotten to see about 4 years or so of their life. Assuming that they would do 2 years of college like they did 2 years of high school. But with the time jump, we got to see like 17 years of their life, by the end with the series finale time jump. It's great. lol


    Ok, so i am into season 3 in my OTH marathon, and i thought of something that wish would have gotten mentioned. In the episode of the masquerade party, remember Nathan looks at his high flyers pictures and he has one picture with a girl? then after he sees that picture he calls Chris to come into town. I just wish we knew who that girl was, or what the deal was. It just seemed like it was just something for Nathan to get reminded that he is married and loves haley. I dont know.



    Since nothing else was written about it we can only go by what's obvious. She's a girl he met somewhere during the summer who he became friends with and took a pic with. Also she must have had a crush on him or be did on her or both bc it made him call Haley. Those two things we can say for sure based on what was written and nathans action(s) when he saw the pic. But there's so much more up in the air that mark left blank. He commonly introduces things for one small purpose (like just getting Nathan to call Haley) and then dumps it. Poor writing in that regard. Did he go on any dates with her? Have sex?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [174]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    Oh and I don't mean all these blanks should've been answered right away cuz THAT would be poor writing too. A writer can't answer all the questions right away as there'd be no mystery. But something like seeing Nathan with a girl in a pic that got him to call Haley is pretty significant puzzle piece to what he was up to that summer. It should've been addressed somewhere in s3. Like how in s2 Peyton got the creepy IMs and the in s4 we find out it was PD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [175]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Couldnt agree more with you guys. It makes me wonder who she was too. Its not like she was in uniform so its not like we can say well she was another player or something innocent. She was pretty much someone he met in town and had gotten to know and all of that. So it seemed a little sketchy to me IDK. But Mark does that sometimes like when Brooke said "I have so much going on right now and Im late!" and whatever in the s3 finale
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [176]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    ^which was written in case he decided to make Brooke pregnant.

    But at least that Brooke line still makes sense even without her being pregnant even if it was a total accident and unintentional on marks part. Brooke DID have a lot going on like feeling like she's the only one of her friends who doesn't know what they want to do after high school, being scared of be future/sort of being left behind (refer back to the college interviews episode of s3), and as we discovered in 4.01 she was feeling insecure with her relationship w Lucas like is he missing me? Why doesn't he call? And there was the choice to give up her fashion dream. Plus going through a school shooting I'm sure can fall under "so much going on"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [177]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Oh yeah I know, it just seemed like such a specific line, esp. when she said "Stuff you dont even know!" because he knew about all that stuff pretty much. I guess you can just assume/fanwank that she was talking about all the Peyton drama, but yeah
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ILUVSCOFIELD

    ILUVSCOFIELD

    [178]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 221

    I was thinking back to S5, and I was wondering how is it that Nathan wasn't in AA? During the first couple of episodes, it was implied that he basically drank everyday, plus isn't Deb a recoveringalcoholic; alcoholism ishereditary right? I think Nathan having a drinking problem or developing an addiction to pain meds would've been a way better storyline than that crappy Nanny Carrie. It would've been more interesting and realistic, (if executed properly), and it still would've given Naley some drama without the repeat of did/would Nathan cheat on Haley or not, since we all know he wouldn't. While on the subject of cheating, how come a third party character was never interested in Haley? (Besides Chris Keller). I think this also would've been a good storyline for S5. Maybe there could've been a young male teacher at the school that Haley found herself confiding in during her problems with Nathan, and they become closer. Obviously, Haley wouldn't actually cheat on Nathan, but the idea could still be there. This also could've worked in S7 when Clay was introduced. There was just something about Clay/Haley is those first couple of episodes in S7 that would make me jump off the Naley bandwagon for a minute and ship those two.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [179]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ILUVSCOFIELD wrote:

    I was thinking back to S5, and I was wondering how is it that Nathan wasn't in AA? During the first couple of episodes, it was implied that he basically drank everyday, plus isn't Deb a recoveringalcoholic; alcoholism ishereditary right? I think Nathan having a drinking problem or developing an addiction to pain meds would've been a way better storyline than that crappy Nanny Carrie. It would've been more interesting and realistic, (if executed properly), and it still would've given Naley some drama without the repeat of did/would Nathan cheat on Haley or not, since we all know he wouldn't. While on the subject of cheating, how come a third party character was never interested in Haley? (Besides Chris Keller). I think this also would've been a good storyline for S5. Maybe there could've been a young male teacher at the school that Haley found herself confiding in during her problems with Nathan, and they become closer. Obviously, Haley wouldn't actually cheat on Nathan, but the idea could still be there. This also could've worked in S7 when Clay was introduced. There was just something about Clay/Haley is those first couple of episodes in S7 that would make me jump off the Naley bandwagon for a minute and ship those two.

    I really like all your ideas there! The Nanny Carrie storyline sucked, even Renee was much better. I think Nathan dealing with his alcohol issues would have been a better storyline to see instead. But then again, we have already seen it with Deb and Millie (except Millie's was drugs, not alcohol). Still would have been more interested than Carrie though. I also really like your idea of possibly having a young male teacher at the start of season 5, that Haley grows closer to. Like you said, Haley only really had Chris interested in her, whereas Nathan had Rachel, Carrie, and even Renee and Taylor (sorta).
    And I agree about Clay/Haley too, even though I love Nathan/Haley and Clay/Quinn, I still ship Clay and Haley anyways and would like to have seen more scenes with them. They're my favourite OTH alternate universe type couple, along with Brooke and Nathan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [180]Apr 12, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    I also agree about the alcoholism thing. I mean I know we technically did see it with Deb, but I always thought more about painkillers with her than booze. So it wouldve been nice to see a more "gritty" version of it. As far as why Haley didnt say something Id say maybe either she thought he'd snap out of it or that it didnt last as long as we would think it would but just that she finally reached her boiling point in s5.


    I also agree about Haley confiding in another teacher or something like that. They always brought in a girl to tempt Nathan, but besides Chris, they never really did with Haley. Since Nathan was always "tested" to see if he would cheat, youd think they would do the same for Haley. I remember people on IMDB saying that they wish they had brought in someone to tempt Haley more and I remember someone even saying that they wished Naley split up for a while and she dated Chris for real and then went back to Nathan

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.