One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Storylines you wish wouldve happened

that70sshow2000

[181]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 15
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh yeah I know, it just seemed like such a specific line, esp. when she said "Stuff you dont even know!" because he knew about all that stuff pretty much. I guess you can just assume/fanwank that she was talking about all the Peyton drama, but yeah

Nah I wouldn't say Peyton knew how Brooke felt about graduating high school and feeling like she's the only one who doesn't have a passion/path. Or how she felt about missing Luke when he went to look at colleges with Karen and not sure if he missed her back etc.

But yes, mark didn't think of any of this whn he wrote that line; just that it was a seed planted in case he made Brooke preggorz (which I wish would've happened!)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[182]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 32
    I was referring to Lucas, since it was her BF and who she was talking to, not Peyton lol

Justlikeheaven_

[183]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 33
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Ok, so i am into season 3 in my OTH marathon, and i thought of something that wish would have gotten mentioned. In the episode of the masquerade party, remember Nathan looks at his high flyers pictures and he has one picture with a girl? then after he sees that picture he calls Chris to come into town. I just wish we knew who that girl was, or what the deal was. It just seemed like it was just something for Nathan to get reminded that he is married and loves haley. I dont know.

Since nothing else was written about it we can only go by what's obvious. She's a girl he met somewhere during the summer who he became friends with and took a pic with. Also she must have had a crush on him or be did on her or both bc it made him call Haley. Those two things we can say for sure based on what was written and nathans action(s) when he saw the pic. But there's so much more up in the air that mark left blank. He commonly introduces things for one small purpose (like just getting Nathan to call Haley) and then dumps it. Poor writing in that regard. Did he go on any dates with her? Have sex?

Yeah. It just seemed like it was just something to support the fact of Nathan looking at his wedding ring around his neck, reminding him, and then calling Chris. Those pictures that he was looking at were high flyers pictures, and i remember Nathan mentioning to Haley that high flyers made him realize that it was wrong of him to give her an ultimatum the night she left. Maybe that girl was the reason. All i can do is imagine how things went lol.
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I also agree about Haley confiding in another teacher or something like that. They always brought in a girl to tempt Nathan, but besides Chris, they never really did with Haley. Since Nathan was always "tested" to see if he would cheat, youd think they would do the same for Haley. I remember people on IMDB saying that they wish they had brought in someone to tempt Haley more and I remember someone even saying that they wished Naley split up for a while and she dated Chris for real and then went back to Nathan

Oh, i agree with you completely. Almost every season there has been someone to temp Nathan to cheat. All starting in season 1 because of Peyton. The only thing that Haley really got faced with was guys hitting on her(like Damian West, and that guy in season 5). But i feel like that was just a way for Nathan to defend her.

that70sshow2000

[184]Apr 13, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I was referring to Lucas, since it was her BF and who she was talking to, not Peyton lol

Ummm... Brooke said that line to Peyton not Lucas.

Why do you have to tell me you have feelings for Lucas now, when I have so much going on in my life stuff that you don't even know about.

that70sshow2000

[185]Apr 13, 2012
    And heck for arguments sake why would you assume she told Lucas that stuff? He didn't find out how she felt about him not calling and missing her etc til 3.22. And about how she felt about life after HS, seems like she kept that to herself too. Even in NY when she called him she didn't tell him what was going on and just said she's fine. Every thing points to she didn't tell him about this stuff .

stellarchick86

[186]Apr 13, 2012
    that70sshow2000 wrote:
    Ummm... Brooke said that line to Peyton not Lucas.
    Why do you have to tell me you have feelings for Lucas now, when I have so much going on in my life stuff that you don't even know about.

I remember her saying "Im late..for the wedding" bla bla so I think I just mixed up the conversations. Youre right, she did say it to Peyton. To me, it still seems thrown in, if you disagree, then you disagree.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Oh, i agree with you completely. Almost every season there has been someone to temp Nathan to cheat. All starting in season 1 because of Peyton. The only thing that Haley really got faced with was guys hitting on her(like Damian West, and that guy in season 5). But i feel like that was just a way for Nathan to defend her.

Agreed completely

angrodpallanen

[187]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 22

BOTH conversations. With Brooke saying to Lucas and Brooke with Peyton in the S3 finale are my favorites of the entire show. Bush' acting is so strong and those conversations are so real and poignant. I love them. I really have no wishes concerning this show it gave me everything I wanted and most of the time, when I wanted it. From mad Nathan to dark Brooke to shocking deaths and crazy cliffhangers and the best love triangles on TV. I really have no regrets. Plus, if I can watch those aforementioned scenes with Brooke until I die I think I'm good.

Justlikeheaven_

[188]Apr 29, 2012
    I just recently got finished watching season 7 recently, and it got me thinking. I really wish we got to meet some of Haley's other siblings. It would have been nice to meet one of her brothers. It would have been cool to see their relationship because Haley was the baby of them all.

bronbrons27

[189]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    ^^ Yeah I think it's been mentioned before on the forum, but I completely agree! And season 7 would have been the PERFECT opportunity as well, with Haley's mom dying.

I always wondered why the writers never introduced us to even just one of Haley's brothers. It would have been really cool to see.

TreeHill_89

[190]Apr 29, 2012
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    ^^ Yeah I think it's been mentioned before on the forum, but I completely agree! And season 7 would have been the PERFECT opportunity as well, with Haley's mom dying.

I always wondered why the writers never introduced us to even just one of Haley's brothers. It would have been really cool to see.
    I was thinking the same!! I mean it would have been nice to see vivian too as we meet Quinn and Taylor but even to meet one brother would have been good. It would have been interesting to see the relationship with her brothers like we saw with her sisters. And even to see what their personalities are like, I don't even know what there names are. Maybe Mark didn't have time to think about the casting or something. But even one episode would have been great!!

Justlikeheaven_

[191]Apr 29, 2012
    Yeah. And even if we didnt get to see one of the brothers, atleast Vivian should have appeared since she was the other one besides Quinn and Taylor who was mentioned before. And i think showing a brother in like season 1 would have been kinda cool because if i know anything about older brothers towards their younger sisters, they are very protective. Just as protective as fathers are to their daughters. So i think if one of Haleys brothers appeared in season 1, the brother could have been upset or something about Nathan being her boyfriend. I could have seen her brother having some sort of storyline revolving around that. In any season.

LeytonTLA

[192]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 16
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Yeah. And even if we didnt get to see one of the brothers, atleast Vivian should have appeared since she was the other one besides Quinn and Taylor who was mentioned before. And i think showing a brother in like season 1 would have been kinda cool because if i know anything about older brothers towards their younger sisters, they are very protective. Just as protective as fathers are to their daughters. So i think if one of Haleys brothers appeared in season 1, the brother could have been upset or something about Nathan being her boyfriend. I could have seen her brother having some sort of storyline revolving around that. In any season.

^Kinda like felix was with Anna , i could totally see a brother of haleys coming to her rescue

Storyline i wish would of happened i would of liked some more info about sam and angie, maybe some more one sided conversations or maybe actually seeing her with her biological mum
    Also i really liked the haley depressive storyline but i wish they elaborated on it more, the stuff they did was great but i think it ended to soon- just my opinion - oh and her working at the call centre i would of liked to see more of that

Justlikeheaven_

[193]Apr 29, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

^Kinda like felix was with Anna , i could totally see a brother of haleys coming to her rescue

Oh yeah, totally! And since Haley is the baby of the family, I can see the brother being MORE protective over Haley than any of their other siblings. I mean, we saw Lucas being very protective of her in season 1 when haley started dating Nathan, and we can say Lucas and Haley were like brother and sister but it would have been cool to actually see an ACTUAL family member being protective of her.
    LeytonTLA wrote:

Storyline i wish would of happened i would of liked some more info about sam and angie, maybe some more one sided conversations or maybe actually seeing her with her biological mum

I was thinking that too....I kinda wish that we saw Brooke keep in touch more with Sam even after she left to go be with her biological mom because we only saw Brooke call her, and also get a post card from her in the season 6 finale, but it would have been nice to actually see Sam or ATLEAST mention that she has talked to her a bit because it just seeemed like Brooke just forgot about her after she left.

bronbrons27

[194]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 14
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

Oh yeah, totally! And since Haley is the baby of the family, I can see the brother being MORE protective over Haley than any of their other siblings. I mean, we saw Lucas being very protective of her in season 1 when haley started dating Nathan, and we can say Lucas and Haley were like brother and sister but it would have been cool to actually see an ACTUAL family member being protective of her.
    I completely agree with this too! I had never thought of that storyline before, but I think that seeing one of Haley's older brothers in season 1 when she starts dating Nathan would have been awesome! Especially because her brother would know Lucas too, and he may have known how Nathan treated Lucas in season 1, so he would be really against Haley starting to date Nathan, and could have been all older-brother-protective. Maybe not to the extent that Felix was, haha, although that was partially because Felix and Lucas did got get along at all as well. But yeah I think seeing one or both of her brothers in season 1 or 7 (or even anywhere inbetween) would have been amazing. OR AT LEAST if we could be told their names.........

Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    LeytonTLA wrote:

I was thinking that too....I kinda wish that we saw Brooke keep in touch more with Sam even after she left to go be with her biological mom because we only saw Brooke call her, and also get a post card from her in the season 6 finale, but it would have been nice to actually see Sam or ATLEAST mention that she has talked to her a bit because it just seeemed like Brooke just forgot about her after she left.
    And I agree with this as well. It really did seem like Brooke forgot all about Sam after season 6. I mean, come on, she couldn't even have mentioned her in season 9 when Xavier came back? The only reason she has any connection to Xavier is because of Sam! Like Brooke mentioned in season 9 that he killed a kid (I.e. Quentin) but she couldn't have also mentioned that he kidnapped her foster daughter?! Definitely seems like she forgot about Sam. Which is a shame because I always really liked Sam. I liked Brooke with Sam a lot better than Brooke with Angie, and I love the kind of-family dynamic that Brooke, Julian and Sam almost had (Julian/Sam scenes were just awesome).

stellarchick86

[195]Apr 29, 2012
    You guys are bringing up many good points. I also agree very much about seeing a Haley's brother/Nathan conflict.

Justlikeheaven_

[196]Apr 30, 2012

bronbrons27 wrote:
    I completely agree with this too! I had never thought of that storyline before, but I think that seeing one of Haley's older brothers in season 1 when she starts dating Nathan would have been awesome! Especially because her brother would know Lucas too, and he may have known how Nathan treated Lucas in season 1, so he would be really against Haley starting to date Nathan, and could have been all older-brother-protective. Maybe not to the extent that Felix was, haha, although that was partially because Felix and Lucas did got get along at all as well. But yeah I think seeing one or both of her brothers in season 1 or 7 (or even anywhere inbetween) would have been amazing. OR AT LEAST if we could be told their names.........
    Yeah. I agree. It just would have been nice to see a brother/sister relationship instead of just sister/sister relationships because protection towards Haley is different. I mean, yeah, we saw Taylor SORTA protect Haley in season 2 when she was dealing with the aftermath of the Chris kiss but it's not the same because of her flirting with Nathan. And i agree. Season 7 would have been a good time for them to come back. I would have really liked to atleast know their names, just because of curiosity.

bronbrons27 wrote:
    And I agree with this as well. It really did seem like Brooke forgot all about Sam after season 6. I mean, come on, she couldn't even have mentioned her in season 9 when Xavier came back? The only reason she has any connection to Xavier is because of Sam! Like Brooke mentioned in season 9 that he killed a kid (I.e. Quentin) but she couldn't have also mentioned that he kidnapped her foster daughter?! Definitely seems like she forgot about Sam. Which is a shame because I always really liked Sam. I liked Brooke with Sam a lot better than Brooke with Angie, and I love the kind of-family dynamic that Brooke, Julian and Sam almost had (Julian/Sam scenes were just awesome).
    I know, i agree completely! It just seemed a bit odd that she was completely forgotten.....especially since Brooke saw her as a daughter. I mean, she was going to adopt her!!! haha. It would have been nice to see her appear atleast one time in season 7 or 8.

Edited on 04/30/2012 2:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

charmed_ncis

[197]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 4

Funny reading through this thread almost a year later, the one thing I picked up on has how several people blame Peyton for the issues with he friendship with Brooke. I never like how easy the writers/Peyton let Brooke get away with going after Lucas in the first place. It is VERY obvious in the "Glass House" episode that Brooke knows Peyton is interested in/has feeling for Lucas and is working to get Peyton out of the way. Peyton tries so hard to hide her feelings because of her friendship. Brooke pretends to be concerned about Peyton's feelings, but here are several episodes where you can tell Brooke knows her friend has feelings, but ignores it because that was her character at the time. She was very self absorbed. I would love to have seen Peyton fight back more in S1 and bring this up. I am probably alone on this one, but Brooke was not one of my favorite characters so take it for what it is worth. I was actually glad the sex tape was written in because I was tired of Peyton always being the one everyone blamed. I could go on with this subject for hours, but I won't.

Another friendship SL I didn't like was Haley and Peyton. In S1 and beginning of S2 they are close. Haley confides in Peyton and asks for help with Nathan and so on Peyton and gets Haley to sing at Tric, etc. I know Peyton gets mad about her leaving and she explains that mostly Haley is catching the brunt because she came back, but then they never seem really close again. I like the Brooke and Haley friendship, but I never could understand why it couldn't be more equal. Even in the adult years when H & P work together their chemistry seems off still. On this note, did Brooke or Haley try calling Peyton after the proposal in LA? Everyone seems sympathetic to Lucas concerning Peyton breaking his heart, but it seemed like no one talked to her about until she returned to TH.

One thing I would have like to have seen is a scene or two in S6 with Lucas and Haley or Lucas and Nathan explaining his actions from the night he finds out Lindsey is "dating" someone else to the point he calls Peyton. I love that LP are together, but even I can't follow this thought process. I know "he lied to himself," but really?? Acorrding to the final episode of S5 the papers on the front stoop indicate it had been a little over a week from the "I hate you" to "Will you marry me?". Not that they needed to change, but I wish someone asked more than "are you sure"? Granted Haley and Skills give a little bit of a hard time, but no one asks how? I just want to know how a person for more than two months pines for his ex-fianc� just up and changes his mind in an airport. Probably one of those things that doesnt translate well to TV, but it still bugs me. And I am a Leyton fan.

I have other SLs I would like to change or add, but that is enough for now.

Justlikeheaven_

[198]Feb 11, 2013

charmed_ncis wrote:

subject for hours, but I won't.

Another friendship SL I didn't like was Haley and Peyton. In S1 and beginning of S2 they are close. Haley confides in Peyton and asks for help with Nathan and so on Peyton and gets Haley to sing at Tric, etc. I know Peyton gets mad about her leaving and she explains that mostly Haley is catching the brunt because she came back, but then they never seem really close again. I like the Brooke and Haley friendship, but I never could understand why it couldn't be more equal. Even in the adult years when H & P work together their chemistry seems off still. On this note, did Brooke or Haley try calling Peyton after the proposal in LA? Everyone seems sympathetic to Lucas concerning Peyton breaking his heart, but it seemed like no one talked to her about until she returned to TH.

[/QUOTE] I just kinda figured that after the whole issue with Haley leaving Tree Hill for the tour sorta ruined the friendship in a way. Even though in the middle of season 3 they were starting to get back to being friends, it still wasn't the same. By the time that Peyton finally seemed to forgive Haley for everything, Haley and Brooke were becoming closer friends. And they were confiding in each other instead of Haley confiding in Peyton, she was confiding in Brooke with her PPeyton issues, and even her Nathan troubles. I think the reason that the HP friendship seemed off in the adult years was because Haley considered Brooke her closest best friend. Even though Peyton was her best friend ALSO. Off the subject of Peyton and Haley, one thing I absolutely HATE that we didn't get to see was that we got shown a girl with Nathan in that picture that he looked at from Highflyers (right before he called Chris to help Haley). Like I wish we had some idea of who she was. Like I don't know, maybe she was helping Nathan through his broken heart. Because even though Haley was back when he left for the camp, he was still obviously broken because he didn't HAVE Haley. We are just supposed to assume which is frustrating.

charmed_ncis

[199]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 4

I am curious what they were contemplating with that pic (random girl photo that Nathan had at HF). Was it just supposed to remind him of Haley or was there going to be more and they nixed it?

One thing I would have like is to have seen a younger sibling of Karen's return (I know there was no mention of any siblings I just think it would have been neat). You figure Karen was17 when she got pregnant, lets say she had a couple of younger siblings that means one of them could have been just a few years older than the main characters. Could have made for some interesting drama if the situation were one that Karens parents took the younger kids away because they didn't approve of Karen's life choices and know one knew they existed except for maybe Dan or Keith. The sibling comes back later after Karen has left and romances could start and real drama. Nothing weird like hooking up with Lucas. I am more thinking a younger brother that stirs up trouble with Peyton or Brooke or maybe Haley since she never seemed tempted.

Otherwise I think the show did a really good job filling in the holes in most of the storyline. You can't explore every SL, so overall not bad.

Justlikeheaven_

[200]Mar 31, 2013
    charmed_ncis wrote:

I am curious what they were contemplating with that pic (random girl photo that Nathan had at HF). Was it just supposed to remind him of Haley or was there going to be more and they nixed it?

>

I know. It's just one of those things that bugs the heck out of me. I always think maybe it was just something to force Nathan to look at his wedding ring around his neck. And then I sometimes think....Maybe that girl was a friend who helped him out with his Haley problems. Maybe she helped him realize that it didn't have to be him or the tour (since he did mention that during the storm). But the hardest thing is, we will never know. lol