huh920

[101]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    chosenchic wrote:
    huh920 wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    huh920 wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:

I'm on now. Anyways what do poeple think of Brucas' prospects for season 5? So far, it's been a pretty Leyton heavy season and I don't see a reconciliation between Brooke and Lucas anytime soon.

With that being said, you think we're going to get any more bones thrown at us after that *ahem* lackluster kiss we got in 505?

Well I hope we get more bones but it does seem like it is all Leyton this season. We might get a lot more of their friendship but I will take that. Brucas in any form is good.

Yeah I love Brucas friendship. Season 2 was awesome for that (but Lucas pining and acting jealous of Felix was even better lol).

Yeah finally Lucas was the one wanting what he couldnt have. Sometimes I really dont like Lucas though.

Ugh tell me about it. Especially in this season where he's acting like such a big baby. I feel so bad for Peyton and honestly, if I didn't love Brucas so much, I probably wouldn't ship anyone in the show (well maybe except Naley lol).

I did for bad for Peyton even though I dont like her that much. She has been ok this season. I get why she doesnt like Lindsey but next week with that kiss. I havent seen the episode yet so I dont want to jump to conclusions but cheating is never right and cant be justified. Peyton and Lucas! I am Love Brucas but since they arent together I wont ship any couple. I am not a huge Naley fan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CiCi0788

[102]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 10

1- Name or nickname that you like others call you

Ci Ci

2- Favourite Brucas scene

The scene in 309 when brooke gives lucas the letters.

3- Favourite Brucas quote

Lucas: "i'm the guy for you.."

4- Age

5- Worst Brucas moments

the break up in 401

6- Define Brucas in 3 words

exciting

fun

intense

chosenchic

[103]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    Ugh that promo pissed me off. I love Peyton (I think I'm one of the Peyton fans who doesn't like Leyton) but her and Lucas kissing puts me off her again. Maybe it's a heat of the moment thing, I don't know but I can't condone cheating in ANY form whether it's in the heat of the moment or it's because the two people love each other so much. Lindsey may be acting really annoying, but she doesn't deserve to get hurt (which she will be).

huh920

[104]Feb 10, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:
    Ugh that promo pissed me off. I love Peyton (I think I'm one of the Peyton fans who doesn't like Leyton) but her and Lucas kissing puts me off her again. Maybe it's a heat of the moment thing, I don't know but I can't condone cheating in ANY form whether it's in the heat of the moment or it's because the two people love each other so much. Lindsey may be acting really annoying, but she doesn't deserve to get hurt (which she will be).
    Yeah I know she really doesnt. If you want to be together Leyton than just be together. Dont hurt people. Lucas needs to figure out what he wants already gosh! I dont mind if they are together, but cheating and sneaking around is just not right.

lcusoccer22

[105]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    huh920 wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:
    Yeah I know she really doesnt. If you want to be together Leyton than just be together. Dont hurt people. Lucas needs to figure out what he wants already gosh! I dont mind if they are together, but cheating and sneaking around is just not right.

exactly. no matter how much you want to twist it around and make it innocent, cheating is and never will be right. Yes, even though lindsey is annoying, she doesn't deserve to be cheated on! Look how much it hurt Brooke.

huh920

[106]Feb 10, 2008
    lcusoccer22 wrote:
    huh920 wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:

exactly. no matter how much you want to twist it around and make it innocent, cheating is and never will be right. Yes, even though lindsey is annoying, she doesn't deserve to be cheated on! Look how much it hurt Brooke.

I know! Brooke was so hurt. Maybe that is why I still dont like Peyton I just cant get over that, Lucas too. I only like him and Peyton sometimes. I think I may like them when they are together already. Just get together. It is really annoying me.

lcusoccer22

[107]Feb 10, 2008
    When did you all start watching the show?

I started watching it at the beginning of season 4. So basically I watched almost all of sesaon 4 and bought the other seasons and watched them. It's wierd because I saw a whole season of Leyton before any Brucas and i still like Brucas fifty times better.

huh920

[108]Feb 10, 2008
    lcusoccer22 wrote:

I started watching it at the beginning of season 4. So basically I watched almost all of sesaon 4 and bought the other seasons and watched them. It's wierd because I saw a whole season of Leyton before any Brucas and i still like Brucas fifty times better.

I think most started watching from season 1. I can understand about the Brucas thing. Brucas is a lot more fun and Leyton is more angsty. I mean I think it just depresses a lot of people.

ep301

[109]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 14

chosenchic wrote:

i'm also a peyton fan who doesn't like leyton. LOVE LOVE LOVE JP and BL, so maybe that's why I still can't warm up to them even now. and like you said, it seems like LP can never be together without hurting others in the process to get there. which is the main reason why i don't like them as a couple. that and i just feel that they way they reunited in 4.09/4.10 was ridiculous. but whatever, everyone has their opinions.

on the other topic posted earlier- personally, i hate bones. some people just want some sort of romantic interaction between them and don't mind scenes like 5.05. but i do.

Because seriously, if nothing is going to come of it, then don't even put it in there!it gets my hopes up that there might be a chance, and if mark already knows he wants a leyton ending, just don't do it. its like the destiny shot and the 82 letters and the "i'm a guy for you" stuff.

when lucas wanted brooke back in season 2 and beginning of season 3- she was ALL that he wanted. no one else. and he fought to get her back. he's never done anything like that for peyton. he's cheated, lied, debated back and forth with people about whether or not he and peyton would work, and THEN finally got back with her. only to break up and move onto lindsay later on.

i just don't understand mark's reasoning for LP in the slightest. i think a lot of people don't which is why on every TV poll where their is an unbiased audience (not like on this/other oth forums where people sway to one team over the other) BL always comes in after Naley. i don't think i've ever seen otherwise.

i agree that BL wasn't a very good couple in season 1. brooke's feelings for lucas were much deeper than lucas' feelings for her. and their relationship was a bit superficial. but every season after that was a different story entirely. which is why i became a BLer season 2.

Edited on 02/10/2008 10:47am
    Edited 3 total times.

huh920

[110]Feb 10, 2008
    Well to answer the last paragraph of your response is because season 1 Leyton was supposed to be the couple that was always supposed to get together and be together. It wasnt even supposed to be Naley but because of their fan base he kept them together. Brucas has as many fans as Leyton so I dont think a lot of people will be happy with whoever Mark decides to put Lucas with. I mean unless he is alone or dies, which I wouldnt mind.

lcusoccer22

[111]Feb 10, 2008
    ep301 wrote:

chosenchic wrote:

i'm also a peyton fan who doesn't like leyton. LOVE LOVE LOVE JP and BL, so maybe that's why I still can't warm up to them even now. and like you said, it seems like LP can never be together without hurting others in the process to get there. which is the main reason why i don't like them as a couple. that and i just feel that they way they reunited in 4.09/4.10 was ridiculous. but whatever, everyone has their opinions.

on the other topic posted earlier- personally, i hate bones. some people just want some sort of romantic interaction between them and don't mind scenes like 5.05. but i do.

Because seriously, if nothing is going to come of it, then don't even put it in there!it gets my hopes up that there might be a chance, and if mark already knows he wants a leyton ending, just don't do it. its like the destiny shot and the 82 letters and the "i'm a guy for you" stuff.

when lucas wanted brooke back in season 2 and beginning of season 3- she was ALL that he wanted. no one else. and he fought to get her back. he's never done anything like that for peyton. he's cheated, lied, debated back and forth with people about whether or not he and peyton would work, and THEN finally got back with her. only to break up and move onto lindsay later on.

i just don't understand mark's reasoning for LP in the slightest. i think a lot of people don't which is why on every TV poll where their is an unbiased audience (not like on this/other oth forums where people sway to one team over the other) BL always comes in after Naley. i don't think i've ever seen otherwise.

i agree that BL wasn't a very good couple in season 1. brooke's feelings for lucas were much deeper than lucas' feelings for her. and their relationship was a bit superficial. but every season after that was a different story entirely. which is why i became a BLer season 2.

i know. when did lucas ever fight for peyton? in season 1 when she told him that she wanted the same things as him with him he chose brooke and then once him and peyton were sort of together, they only lasted like 2 episodes. He fought for brooke end of season 2/beginning season 3 and then even in the beginning of season 4. He seems like he never knows what he wants when it comes to Peyton

Firetears

[112]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 23
    lcusoccer22 wrote:

Same here. I watched it the summer before season 4. I got all the episodes(not in a legal way, so don't ask) and had a marathon. Finished all 3 seasons in a week and a half. In season 1, I neutral towards Leyton but as soon as Brooke told Karen, "I just want you to know, I'm crazy about your son,"(notice that that quote make my favs list) I just started to fall in love with Brucas. In season 2, I was a full on Brucas lover.

ep301

[113]Feb 10, 2008

huh920 wrote:
    Well to answer the last paragraph of your response is because season 1 Leyton was supposed to be the couple that was always supposed to get together and be together. It wasnt even supposed to be Naley but because of their fan base he kept them together. Brucas has as many fans as Leyton so I dont think a lot of people will be happy with whoever Mark decides to put Lucas with. I mean unless he is alone or dies, which I wouldnt mind.

well i know some people only watch for fun. i however am mildly obsessed! lol but to those people who don't get caught up in the shipping, most seem to prefer BL over LP.

like the portrait poll. i mean, i know those kind of polls are not the most reliable, but you could only vote once. and this year, as well as last year, BL won out over LP. and from what i've seen it always seems to happen that way.

and just from a creative standpoint, i think LP is too predictable. mark has been a little too open about his vision, and i would like to see him surprise us all. i thought he would for a while, but now my faith is getting squashed on again seeing how LP centered s5 is.

and after listening to the commentary for 5.05 on othpodcasts.com, he definitely seems like he's not going to give BL back to us.

but whatever. its only a show, right?

Edited on 02/10/2008 11:02am

chosenchic

[114]Feb 10, 2008

I started in season one with the pilot but I guess I wasn't all that interested because I don't remember any of the first couple of episodes of OTH until B/L got together go figure lol.

Oh and I love your icon Firetears. Lol about the season 4 thing. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was that great either. Pictures of You is still one of my favourite episodes from that season. I love when the main storylines take a bit of a break and the teens just act like teens -- it makes them more relatable.

Firetears

[115]Feb 10, 2008
    ep301 wrote:

chosenchic wrote:

PERFECTLY said! I couldn't say it any better! And I especially know what you mean about the destiny shot and the letters and the speeches and everything. I honestly can't believe that Mark had Leyton planned from the jump but he built SO MUCH between Brucas. Besides, it's not like Mark isn't known for going back on his word. Didn't he say in one interview that Carrie didn't want Nathan? Well, he sure fooled me! A lot of people deny this until the death, but I honestly believe BL was endgame back in season 2 & 3. They built much more between BL than they ever did with LP. And I know what you mean about bones. But I'm not going to lie, I don't mind bones. At this point, that seems like all Mark is going to give us, so I'll settle. Just like you though, I'll rather they have meaning to the kisses and stuff.

huh920

[116]Feb 10, 2008
    ep301 wrote:

huh920 wrote:

well i know some people only watch for fun. i however am mildly obsessed! lol but to those people who don't get caught up in the shipping, most seem to prefer BL over LP.

like the portrait poll. i mean, i know those kind of polls are not the most reliable, but you could only vote once. and this year, as well as last year, BL won out over LP. and from what i've seen it always seems to happen that way.

and just from a creative standpoint, i think LP is too predictable. mark has been a little too open about his vision, and i would like to see him surprise us all. i thought he would for a while, but now my faith is getting squashed on again seeing how LP centered s5 is.

but whatever. its only a show, right?

Yeah it is just a show. I think LP is really predictable. Nothing changes with them. They were finally together and now they are back pining for each other just like before. A lot more people like BL cause you can see how great they were together and how much Brooke really cared. Lucas is always confused. It is so crazy. Anyways I got to go. Keep the Brucas LOvers thread alive ppl!

chosenchic

[117]Feb 10, 2008
    lcusoccer22 wrote:
    ep301 wrote:

chosenchic wrote:

i know. when did lucas ever fight for peyton? in season 1 when she told him that she wanted the same things as him with him he chose brooke and then once him and peyton were sort of together, they only lasted like 2 episodes. He fought for brooke end of season 2/beginning season 3 and then even in the beginning of season 4. He seems like he never knows what he wants when it comes to Peyton

Yeah them getting together was weird because I could have sworn in an earlier episode when Peyton asked Lucas who he wanted standing beside him when all of his dreams came true, he said Brooke so why the hell did he just change his mind like that? For the sake of a Leyton reunion? Give me a break.

I can tolerate Leyton but them wanting to be together turns me off of them. People get hurt or dumped or both (Brooke, Jake and now Lindsey) becasuse they want to be together. It just isn't fair really.

ep301

[118]Feb 10, 2008

my seasons in order of favorites goes...

1.) SEASON 2 : I loved everything about it!

2.) SEASON 3 : Brucas and Naley drama. Need I say more?

3.) SEASON 1 : Old school OTH is still fun to watch.

4.) SEASON 4 : I pretty much hated it after 4.04. I liked "Pictures of You" too. But that's about it.

Season 5 is yet to be determined. I like it ok thus far.

chosenchic

[119]Feb 10, 2008
    ^I love your freakin banner btw

Firetears

[120]Feb 10, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:

I started in season one with the pilot but I guess I wasn't all that interested because I don't remember any of the first couple of episodes of OTH until B/L got together go figure lol.

Oh and I love your icon Firetears. Lol about the season 4 thing. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was that great either. Pictures of You is still one of my favourite episodes from that season. I love when the main storylines take a bit of a break and the teens just act like teens -- it makes them more relatable.

lol, that was referring to The O.C.(one person on this site had a icon with Seth and Summer sitting on a couch and it had "Ew, Season Three".) but same rules apply to OTH as well. I hate season 4. But I agree, Pictures of You was excellent. 403 was also a pretty good episode(my 2nd fav). But yeah... that whole teen thing you're talking about is the reason why season 2 is my favorite. That was the only season they actually acted like teens.