One Tree Hill Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

The Brucas Lovers Society

Has BL Faded Away?

  • Avatar of ep301

    ep301

    [121]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,364

    chosenchic wrote:
    ^I love your freakin banner btw

    thanks! i found it on photobucket.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [122]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    ep301 wrote:

    my seasons in order of favorites goes...

    1.) SEASON 2 : I loved everything about it!

    2.) SEASON 3 : Brucas and Naley drama. Need I say more?

    3.) SEASON 1 : Old school OTH is still fun to watch.

    4.) SEASON 4 : I pretty much hated it after 4.04. I liked "Pictures of You" too. But that's about it.

    Season 5 is yet to be determined. I like it ok thus far.



    Cool! Another season 2 lover! It's my fav too. And I also hated season 4! I totally agree, after episode 4, it pretty much sucked. And you also don't think season 5 is "ZOMG!!! FREAKIN' AMAZING!" like everyone else. My season order goes...

    Season 2
    Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 4
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [123]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:

    I started in season one with the pilot but I guess I wasn't all that interested because I don't remember any of the first couple of episodes of OTH until B/L got together go figure lol.

    Oh and I love your icon Firetears. Lol about the season 4 thing. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was that great either. Pictures of You is still one of my favourite episodes from that season. I love when the main storylines take a bit of a break and the teens just act like teens -- it makes them more relatable.

    lol, that was referring to The O.C.(one person on this site had a icon with Seth and Summer sitting on a couch and it had "Ew, Season Three".) but same rules apply to OTH as well. I hate season 4. But I agree, Pictures of You was excellent. 403 was also a pretty good episode(my 2nd fav). But yeah... that whole teen thing you're talking about is the reason why season 2 is my favorite. That was the only season they actually acted like teens.

    Oh The O.C. lol. I think I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed The O.C. Season 4. Sure it was totally different from the first three and some might even sau it was "uncanon" but me and my younger sister adored it. Taylor really made the season for me and I was a Ryan/Taylor shipper (yes I know the writer were forcing them on us but I took the bait lol). I think towards the end it started to get boring but overall, I really liked it. Beats season 4 of OTH for me lol.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [124]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    chosenchic wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:

    I started in season one with the pilot but I guess I wasn't all that interested because I don't remember any of the first couple of episodes of OTH until B/L got together go figure lol.

    Oh and I love your icon Firetears. Lol about the season 4 thing. I didn't hate it but I didn't think it was that great either. Pictures of You is still one of my favourite episodes from that season. I love when the main storylines take a bit of a break and the teens just act like teens -- it makes them more relatable.

    lol, that was referring to The O.C.(one person on this site had a icon with Seth and Summer sitting on a couch and it had "Ew, Season Three".) but same rules apply to OTH as well. I hate season 4. But I agree, Pictures of You was excellent. 403 was also a pretty good episode(my 2nd fav). But yeah... that whole teen thing you're talking about is the reason why season 2 is my favorite. That was the only season they actually acted like teens.

    Oh The O.C. lol. I think I'm one of the few people who really enjoyed The O.C. Season 4. Sure it was totally different from the first three and some might even sau it was "uncanon" but me and my younger sister adored it. Taylor really made the season for me and I was a Ryan/Taylor shipper (yes I know the writer were forcing them on us but I took the bait lol). I think towards the end it started to get boring but overall, I really liked it. Beats season 4 of OTH for me lol.



    Trust me, you're not one of the few. On The O.C. boards everyone was loving season 4. Especially while it was airing. I felt like I was in bizarroland. And I'll deny this until my death, so don't EVER quote me, but I'll do OTH season 4 over The O.C. season 4 anyday.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ep301

    ep301

    [125]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,364

    I loved RT too. way more than RM! lol sorry but true.

    but anyhoo back to oth...

    yes season 2 was just awesome. especially for brucas. i loved seeing brooke open up to lucas again, and them finally just learning to be friends...yet all the while lucas was secretely pining for brooke.

    2.10? probably one of my favorite oth episodes EVER! especially then end. its what made me a BL/JP shipper! before that i was 100% naley.

    then we had jealous lucas and then brooke started falling for him again and.... *sigh* it was awesome.

    and every othe plotline with every other character i really enjoyed too, so season 2 was great for me!

    Edited on 02/10/2008 11:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [126]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866
    Firetears wrote:
    ep301 wrote:

    my seasons in order of favorites goes...

    1.) SEASON 2 : I loved everything about it!

    2.) SEASON 3 : Brucas and Naley drama. Need I say more?

    3.) SEASON 1 : Old school OTH is still fun to watch.

    4.) SEASON 4 : I pretty much hated it after 4.04. I liked "Pictures of You" too. But that's about it.

    Season 5 is yet to be determined. I like it ok thus far.

    Cool! Another season 2 lover! It's my fav too. And I also hated season 4! I totally agree, after episode 4, it pretty much sucked. And you also don't think season 5 is "ZOMG!!! FREAKIN' AMAZING!" like everyone else. My season order goes... Season 2 Season 1 Season 3 Season 4

    The only reason people (read: Leytoners) love season 5 is because it's Leyton obsessed. I swear every episode is like an orgasm lol. I think season 5 is okay -- a bit boring at times but it's growing on me.

    For me, my favourites are as follows:

    1) Season 3 - Brucas was actually together yay! And there were a lot of really good episodes plus most of my favourite Brucas moments come from there.

    2) Season 2 - I think people lose sight of the fact that these guys are just 16/17 so of course their gonna act that way. And although a lot of people might disagree, I actually liked Peyton's drug storyline because it seemed pretty realistic. A lot of teenagers dabble in drugs when their in high school even if it may not seem in character. It's a part of growing up. And I liked most of the new characters that came through maybe except for Felix because he was a bit of a prick.

    3) Season 1 - I don't remember much of it but I rewatched some episodes on Soapnet and it was pretty awesome.

    4) Season 4 - Pictures Of You is the only episode that stood out. Well Some You Give Away stands out too... but for the wrong reasons lol.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [127]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866

    OTH season 4 over O.C. season 4?

    No comment at all

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ep301

    ep301

    [128]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,364
    chosenchic wrote:

    The only reason people (read: Leytoners) love season 5 is because it's Leyton obsessed. I swear every episode is like an orgasm lol. I think season 5 is okay -- a bit boring at times but it's growing on me.

    For me, my favourites are as follows:

    1) Season 3 - Brucas was actually together yay! And there were a lot of really good episodes plus most of my favourite Brucas moments come from there.

    2) Season 2 - I think people lose sight of the fact that these guys are just 16/17 so of course their gonna act that way. And although a lot of people might disagree, I actually liked Peyton's drug storyline because it seemed pretty realistic. A lot of teenagers dabble in drugs when their in high school even if it may not seem in character. It's a part of growing up. And I liked most of the new characters that came through maybe except for Felix because he was a bit of a prick.

    3) Season 1 - I don't remember much of it but I rewatched some episodes on Soapnet and it was pretty awesome.

    4) Season 4 - Pictures Of You is the only episode that stood out. Well Some You Give Away stands out too... but for the wrong reasons lol.

    i so agree about season 4. but to play devil's advocate, i think a lot of BL fans like season 3 for that reason too.

    i agree about peyton in season 2. i think its not THAT out of character for her. i mean, you're right. many teens do dabble in drugs, as do many in the music industry! so i think it was good for her to realize that that was not the path she wanted to go down in her life. and she was also a tad depressed at the point in her life (like she said to brooke "i feel all alone"), so again, some might look for something to dull that feeling away...

    and as far as season 4 goes...i loved the PD storyline until it became like a horror movie. that was just lame. and as far as 4.09 goes...the title is quite fitting isn't it? *cough* brooke *cough*

    Edited on 02/10/2008 11:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [129]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866
    ep301 wrote:
    chosenchic wrote:

    The only reason people (read: Leytoners) love season 5 is because it's Leyton obsessed. I swear every episode is like an orgasm lol. I think season 5 is okay -- a bit boring at times but it's growing on me.

    For me, my favourites are as follows:

    1) Season 3 - Brucas was actually together yay! And there were a lot of really good episodes plus most of my favourite Brucas moments come from there.

    2) Season 2 - I think people lose sight of the fact that these guys are just 16/17 so of course their gonna act that way. And although a lot of people might disagree, I actually liked Peyton's drug storyline because it seemed pretty realistic. A lot of teenagers dabble in drugs when their in high school even if it may not seem in character. It's a part of growing up. And I liked most of the new characters that came through maybe except for Felix because he was a bit of a prick.

    3) Season 1 - I don't remember much of it but I rewatched some episodes on Soapnet and it was pretty awesome.

    4) Season 4 - Pictures Of You is the only episode that stood out. Well Some You Give Away stands out too... but for the wrong reasons lol.

    i so agree about season 4. but to play devil's advocate, i think a lot of BL fans like season 3 for that reason too.

    i agree about peyton in season 2. i think its not THAT out of character for her. i mean, you're right. many teens do dabble in drugs, as do many in the music industry! so i think it was good for her to realize that that was not the path she wanted to go down in her life. and she was also a tad depressed at the point in her life (like she said to brooke "i feel all alone"), so again, some might look for something to dull that feeling away...

    and as far as season 4 goes...i loved the PD storyline until it became like a horror movie. that was just lame. and as far as 4.09 goes...the title is quite fitting isn't it? *cough* brooke *cough*

    Haha. Stupid Lucas. Doesn't know what he wants. I actually liked PD when he was first introduced. I'm kinda mad they made him all psycho because he seemed like a really nice guy. And yeah the PD storyline did have a little promise at first but then when it bacame all horror movieish, I just laughed.

    In fact, I was watching Soapnet at my older sister's house one day and it was the episode where PD was chasing Peyton and he like punched the glass and threw open the door and Peyton was just sitting there screaming. My sister actually thought I was watching a horror movie and I had to explain to her that it was a teen drama lol. She told me to change it to Days because she thought it was stupid lol.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ep301

    ep301

    [130]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,364

    ^^^ i hate lucas lol! he's my least favorite character on the show.

    you guys should check out this BL video. i love the song and the editing is amazing too. i love the coloring as well.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jhAQlfkxY

    i gotta go work out. ttyl!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pipolipa

    pipolipa

    [131]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 3,086
    Hey everyone!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of havoc2

    havoc2

    [133]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 04/08/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,345
    3 and 4 are my favorite.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of huh920

    huh920

    [134]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 5,169
    Hey Great Brucas video! Anyone on?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pipolipa

    pipolipa

    [135]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 3,086
    I'm on.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of huh920

    huh920

    [136]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 5,169
    pipolipa wrote:
    I'm on.

    Hey so what's do you think about Brucas in season 5?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ep301

    ep301

    [137]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 02/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,364

    huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:
    I'm on.
    Hey so what's do you think about Brucas in season 5?

    hey i'm back!

    i like brucas in season 5. i like their friendship. so many people say "oh well BL were just a superficial relationship. they were all hormones and no connection."

    um are you kidding me?

    who was there for lucas when keith died and karen was being a major b**ch?

    who was there for him when he was trying to get back at dan?

    who comforted him when he was missing haley?

    who wrote him 82 love letters?

    who was there next to him when his dreams came true? TWICE?

    who told him he and peyton were meant to be, even though she was still in love with him?

    i mean, give me a break? that seems pretty friggen deep to me!

    if they had no connection, they wouldn't even be friends, would they? i really like their dynamic. i loved it when they were a couple and i still do.
    Edited on 02/10/2008 1:59pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pipolipa

    pipolipa

    [138]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 3,086

    I really enjoy their friendship, for me one of the best disappointed in season 4 was a lack of Brucas friendship moments, because they break up but they didn't fight, so I really don't understand why we didn't have many moments of them. So I like their friendship in this season, I really enjoy all their moments together. And at least in this season I can't see nothing more between the two. And I really enjoy see how mature is Brooke in this new season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of huh920

    huh920

    [139]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 5,169
    ep301 wrote:

    huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:
    I'm on.
    Hey so what's do you think about Brucas in season 5?

    hey i'm back!

    i like brucas in season 5. i like their friendship. so many people say "oh well BL were just a superficial relationship. they were all hormones and no connection."

    um are you kidding me?

    who was there for lucas when keith died and karen was being a major b**ch?

    who was there for him when he was trying to get back at dan?

    who comforted him when he was missing haley?

    who wrote him 82 love letters?

    i mean, give me a break? that seems pretty friggen deep to me!

    who was there next to him when his dreams came true? TWICE?

    if they had no connection, they wouldn't even be friends, would they? i really like their dynamic. i loved it when they were a couple and i still do.


    I would have to agree with everything you said!!! They have amazing chemistry. It is different with Peyton and Lucas. I cant explain it. All I know is I can see Brucas together a lot easier than Leyton.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of huh920

    huh920

    [140]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 5,169
    pipolipa wrote:

    I really enjoy their friendship, for me one of the best disappointed in season 4 was a lack of Brucas friendship moments, because they break up but they didn't fight, so I really don't understand why we didn't have many moments of them. So I like their friendship in this season, I really enjoy all their moments together. And at least in this season I can't see nothing more between the two. And I really enjoy see how mature is Brooke in this new season.

    Yeah Brooke has really matured and grew. It makes me like her even more. The Brucas friendship scenes are super cute too. I dont think Leyton will ever be able to move past what they had and just be friends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.