The CW (ended 2012)

The Brucas Lovers Society

Has BL Faded Away?

huh920

[161]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    ep301 wrote:

NOT BROUTH! ANYTHING BUT BROUTH!

i view mouth as a little brother type. if that were to happen, i think that would be the lamest thing ever,

IF Brooke were to have a new love interest other than lucas, i think the only way the BL fans would warm up to it, is if he wasn't introduced onto the show as a "love interest."

he would have to come onto the show as like, a friend of nathan's or lindsay's or someone who developed a storyline and a likability as a single character BEFORE hooking up with brooke.

since we're sort of on the topic of Jake-let's use him as an example.

jake was on the show as a secondary character. lucas' one friend on the team. a nice guy with a little girl to take care of.

he was liked before by the fans. he wasn't tossed into the mix as a lucas replacement for peyton, which is why a lot of people warmed up quickly to JP. we wanted both jake and peyton to be happy.

owen, besides not really being brooke's ideal match, was brought into the mix all wrong.

god if only i was a writter.

I know what you mean. Brouth would be weird and I think you are right about Brooke's interest being someone introduced as a friend. Hopefully when they do that the person is likeable and not boring. I.e. Chase!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ep301

[162]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 14

^ i never warmed up to them. i don't know why.

brooke and nathan haven't really had any scenes together alone on the show. so i can't see that.

pipolipa

[163]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 15
    ep301 wrote:

NOT BROUTH! ANYTHING BUT BROUTH!

i view mouth as a little brother type. if that were to happen, i think that would be the lamest thing ever,

IF Brooke were to have a new love interest other than lucas, i think the only way the BL fans would warm up to it, is if he wasn't introduced onto the show as a "love interest."

he would have to come onto the show as like, a friend of nathan's or lindsay's or someone who developed a storyline and a likability as a single character BEFORE hooking up with brooke.

since we're sort of on the topic of Jake-let's use him as an example.

jake was on the show as a secondary character. lucas' one friend on the team. a nice guy with a little girl to take care of.

he was liked before by the fans. he wasn't tossed into the mix as a lucas replacement for peyton, which is why a lot of people warmed up quickly to JP. we wanted both jake and peyton to be happy.

owen, besides not really being brooke's ideal match, was brought into the mix all wrong. i'd even ship BRIS! i love chris. i think he's hilarious! and he has a fanbase on the show of both BL/LP/NH because of his humor and softer side.

god if only i was a writter.

owen seems like another Felix.

I really agree with you, we need to know the guy better before he have something with Brooke. I totally see your point of view.

pipolipa

[164]Feb 10, 2008
    And yeah Owen seems like another felix, but not so stupid at least what we see.

huh920

[165]Feb 10, 2008
    pipolipa wrote:
    Yeah I didnt rally like felix at all. He had issues!!!

chosenchic

[166]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 13

Oh God I go away for a couple of hours and there's already 30 posts. Way to go guys to keep up the thread. Maybe if we work hard enough, we can get it pinned.

Anyways I hate the idea of Mouth because as ep_301 said, he seems more like Brooke's little brother than anything. Brouth makes a better friendship if anything and I can't really picture Brooke being any more than friends with a guy like Mouth.

Chase? Chase who? Lol that's how irrelevant he is to me. He was so boring and unmemorable like I seriously can't remember his relationship with Brooke and I watched season 4 not too long ago.

Owen seems kind of sleazy to me. I'm not really feeling him yet but I think he's pretty attractive (I think it's because I saw an interview with him and I thought the actor was pretty adorable lol). I guess I'll make up my mind about him as he's further integrated into the show. I need a new character to actually like besides Jamie, Mia and Lindsey (at first until she started becoming annoying)

pipolipa

[167]Feb 10, 2008

huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

He was really hot, but stupid too. In same parts I liked him but in other I hated his attitudes. But any way he's gonna and I don't think he is coming back lool. So we are safe ahaha.

huh920

[168]Feb 10, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:

Oh God I go away for a couple of hours and there's already 30 posts. Way to go guys to keep up the thread. Maybe if we work hard enough, we can get it pinned.

Anyways I hate the idea of Mouth because as ep_301 said, he seems more like Brooke's little brother than anything. Brouth makes a better friendship if anything and I can't really picture Brooke being any more than friends with a guy like Mouth.

Chase? Chase who? Lol that's how irrelevant he is to me. He was so boring and unmemorable like I seriously can't remember his relationship with Brooke and I watched season 4 not too long ago.

Owen seems kind of sleazy to me. I'm not really feeling him yet but I think he's pretty attractive (I think it's because I saw an interview with him and I thought the actor was pretty adorable lol). I guess I'll make up my mind about him as he's further integrated into the show. I need a new character to actually like besides Jamie, Mia and Lindsey (at first until she started becoming annoying)

Yeah I am dedicated to keeping this thread at the top! Basically I will always be on. We have a long way to go though.

Good to see you agree with us about all of Brooke's exes and Owen. I actually still like Lindsey. Well its more along the lines that I feel sorry for her. I didnt like her following Lucas though. That was a little creppy to me.

huh920

[169]Feb 10, 2008
    pipolipa wrote:

huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

He was really hot, but stupid too. In same parts I liked him but in other I hated his attitudes. But any way he's gonna and I don't think he is coming back lool. So we are safe ahaha.

Yeah he was hot! Did you see him in Bring it on: In it to win it? I am glad he left oth though. Lucky us!
    Edited on 02/10/2008 3:28pm

pipolipa

[170]Feb 10, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:

Yeah, we are good in post ahaha. Welcome .

Why you don't support Chase?? He was a nice guy, kind no action, but loved and was kind to Brooke, give her some support when she need, most more them Felix.

And Jamie is a wonderful kid.

About Chris and Brooke, it will be interesting to see their relationship, it will be the funniest relationship on the show, no doubt the two together will be just fun and hilarious moments.

pipolipa

[171]Feb 10, 2008
    huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

huh920 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

Yeah he was hot! Did you see him in Bring it on: In it to win it? I am glad he left oth though. Lucky us!

No I didn't saw him in Bring it on..., but I guess all we agree in one thing, he is really hot ahaha.

About Lindsey, I don't have anything against her, i don't love her but I like her. Some people blame her about Leyton separation, but this is not her fault, the mean reason is Lucas insecurities and indecision's. She's just a person in the middle of his insecurities and indecision's.

huh920

[172]Feb 10, 2008
    I have to agree with you about that. I blame Lucas for all the things that went wrong with their relationship. He has to learn to get his feelings out and say what he means. I mean I guess Peyton could have said a bit better that she wanted to wait or accepted his proposal and they could have had like a 4 year engagement which some people have. Even though she didnt do this stuff Lucas was the one who was the baby and didnt want to wait.

pipolipa

[173]Feb 10, 2008

huh920 wrote:
    I have to agree with you about that. I blame Lucas for all the things that went wrong with their relationship. He has to learn to get his feelings out and say what he means. I mean I guess Peyton could have said a bit better that she wanted to wait or accepted his proposal and they could have had like a 4 year engagement which some people have. Even though she didnt do this stuff Lucas was the one who was the baby and didnt want to wait.

I understand why Lucas proposed Peyton. They wanted more that he had in that time, like he said they saw each other in the last year 3 times, for Lucas was not enough. Peyton put always her career above Lucas, and didn't had the time that Lucas needed. So he decided to propose. I can't blame him to do that, but his reaction was not what people and Peyton thought. He didn't react well to the rejection, at least in his point of view Peyton reject him.

ep301

[174]Feb 10, 2008
    pipolipa wrote:

Why you don't support Chase?? He was a nice guy, kind no action, but loved and was kind to Brooke, give her some support when she need, most more them Felix.

About Chris and Brooke, it will be interesting to see their relationship, it will be the funniest relationship on the show, no doubt the two together will be just fun and hilarious moments.

blech. chase number one was B-O-R-I-N-G! and a total hypocrite. he said he liked brooke for who she is, not who she used to be. and when the NB tape came out, he dumped her the day of prom! or actually he told her he was gonna break up with her but he would take her out of pity...

um gee thanks? and then he came back with his tail between his legs asking for another shot...gah. i liked their first dat and after that...no thanks.

i'm warming up to the idea of bris. only because all the other alternatives SUCK (with the exception of BL).

huh920

[175]Feb 10, 2008
    pipolipa wrote:

huh920 wrote:

I understand why Lucas proposed Peyton. They wanted more that he had in that time, like he said they saw each other in the last year 3 times, for Lucas was not enough. Peyton put always her career above Lucas, and didn't had the time that Lucas needed. So he decided to propose. I can't blame him to do that, but his reaction was not what people and Peyton thought. He didn't react well to the rejection, at least in his point of view Peyton reject him.

I mean I realize he got rejected I would be a little hurt by it too but I dont know if he should have just broke it off like that. Another thing that bothered me was when Peyton went to the book signing and didnt even go in cause she saw Lucas get a kiss on the cheek. I mean I thought that was a little immature.

ep301

[176]Feb 10, 2008
    pipolipa wrote:

while were on the topic of the LP proposal....can i just say that i found it interesting that what lucas said to peyton about not seeing each other and not talking for days strongly mirrored the BL breakup in 4.01 when brooke said "we go days without have a meaningful conversation"

i don't think it means anything really, but at least now lucas knows how it feels.

pipolipa

[177]Feb 10, 2008
    He said to Brooke no more surprise, and he pass for the same situation that Peyton was passing because of Brooke. I don't support him in that decisions but I get why he did that.
    Edited on 02/10/2008 3:54pm

huh920

[178]Feb 10, 2008
    ep301 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

while were on the topic of the LP proposal....can i just say that i found it interesting that what lucas said to peyton about not seeing each other and not talking for days strongly mirrored the BL breakup in 4.01 when brooke said "we go days without have a meaningful conversation"

i don't think it means anything really, but at least now lucas knows how it feels.

Yeah I noticed that. Now he does know how it feels! I think he deserved that.

chosenchic

[179]Feb 10, 2008
    ep301 wrote:
    pipolipa wrote:

blech. chase number one was B-O-R-I-N-G! and a total hypocrite. he said he liked brooke for who she is, not who she used to be. and when the NB tape came out, he dumped her the day of prom! or actually he told her he was gonna break up with her but he would take her out of pity...

um gee thanks? and then he came back with his tail between his legs asking for another shot...gah. i liked their first dat and after that...no thanks.

i'm warming up to the idea of bris. only because all the other alternatives SUCK (with the exception of BL).

Lol you took the words right out of my mouth. Chase is just... blech. Like I'm being serious when I said I couldn't remember what his relationship with Brooke was like. Sadness, really.

Speaking of the NB tape, I'm still pissed that even came along. I know there have been some debates about this already but I still stand by the opinion that it came out of nowhere. Like when it happened, I was like "wtf?" I don't think it was made to put Peyton in a good light but it sure as hell seems like that way. There's another reason to add to my list of why I didn't like season 4.

Bris? Really? You guys kill me. I thought Brooke and Chris sleeping together was kinf of random but I like Chris -- he's obnoxious but in a really funny way lol. I dunno I'd be desperate enough to ship them though just yet but I would take Bris over Brase any day.

And yes, Felix is incredibly hot lol. I saw Bring It On and it sucked balls IMO (why the hell do they keep making these movies?) but I thought he looked really cute. But I don't want Felix to come back lol.

NaleyForeverOTH

[180]Feb 10, 2008

huh920 wrote:
    NaleyForeverOTH wrote:
    Morning people! Anyone here to talk about Brucas?
    You still on? Man you come on early!

Do not! I posted that at like 1pm. I live in Ireland so Im probably like 5 or 6 hours ahead of you, depending on where you live. Do you really think Id get up that early on a Sunday? LOL