One Tree Hill

My Attendance is Bad But My Intentions Are Good

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 08, 2010 on The CW

• Best of the season

This episode is definitely best of this season so far. It shows just how much we need the parents on the show as addition to the "children". That's partly the reason seasons 1-4 were as good as they were. Anyways, Hayley's mom is in town. To me she brought the freshness to the show that no other new character (Alex, Quinn, Clay etc.) hasn't been able to do this season. The fact that she is dying is of course heartbreaking cause she's such a likeable character but that's what makes it work. I also loved how all the James sisters reacted to the news differently showing their different characters, also liked the Haley-Nathan scene in the end. The other stuff wasn't that good. I like that they're giving us hope with Brooke and Julian and for some reason I even like Miranda's relationship with the bar guy. Alex, Alexander and Millie I still don't care about. On the whole I don't mind One Tree Hill being the James family show. If it can't be about the Scott family anymore then this is probably the second best choice.