One Tree Hill

Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 22, 2006 on The CW

• Loved the real drama.

Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye was a quiet episode, but in a big episode. There were no silly storylines about affairs with teachers or dating models- it was just the characters we know and love facing normal problems.

It was also a major episode because it was the official end of Brooke and Lucas as a couple. I did like how it was brought back up again and that Whitey's speech made them both realise they weren't made for each other. It was a nice end to their relationship and hopefully the start of their new friendship. But I also loved how Derek helped Peyton face her fears and tell Lucas how she feels. It's been building up brilliantly since last seasons finale and the ending where she reveals that she's in love with him was great. Sad to see Derek leave as well considering what a positive impact he's had on Peyton.

Meanwhile, Nathan really is in deep shit with this Daunte situation. Even Dan can't help him. I do feel for Nathan because he only wanted the best for his family but all know it ends badly. Dan saying that he'll have to lose the championship really was a shock too. Oh and Dan and Karen went on an obvious. I don't mind them and am glad Karen is showing at least some resistance. Loved how Haley was with Rachel - she will tutor her but tells her to remember she can't stand her. Classic.

A strong episode leading up to the state championship.

9.5/10