One Tree Hill

Something I Can Never Have

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 19, 2005 on The CW

• a lot of things happen, Peyton feels like her life is falling apart. Brooke is stressed out about the move, Nathan is away to see Haley, Lucas wants to help Keith, who in turn is mad at Dan! Again drama, drama, drama.... :)

a very interesting episode...

Very nice that htey continue right after the wedding, keith is gone as is Jules aka Emily.
    Keith's anger was showed very well and although Dan is the bad guy, the person who plays him is an excellent actor and gives him a great character to watch.

Peyton wasn't shown too much so really nothing much to say about her. Anna also was amazing in this episode, she really showed Felix and I really hated that guy this episode. Glad Brooke got rid of him... Also very sweet of Lucas to get all her stuff back and to get her a place in his old room...

Nathan and Haley was very interesting... Really bad that Haley put off her ring... Guess it was proof for Nathan that Haley might not think about it the same way as he does... The memories were nice though...

Overall I really liked this episode, it was a great installment :)
  • Great episode; fall out of the wedding, and Nathan going to see Haley.

This episode was great, especially during the scenes where Nathan is driving to get Haley and he's having flashbacks of Haley; this was also great for the viewer because these were moments the viewer hadn't seen before--previously "off-screen" moments between Our Favorite Couple. I didn't like how Haley dealt with Nathan's arrival; I mean of course she was thrilled to see him but she still chose music over him, despite everything she has said.

Poor Keith. I didn't like that Dan was behind the Jules thing--the writers went a little too far with villian Dan, IMO. But Craig Sheffer and Paul Johansson did a brilliant job in these scenes.

I was so happy everyone finally found out that Felix was the one who wrote Dyke on Peyton's locker; the first time the audience learned it too but I figured it was him. Unfortunately it is pretty hard to redeem a character from that, but I didn't really like Felix and was happy to see him leave. It's even better that Anna was the one who turned him in.
  • Aww I think I speak for everyone when I say poor Keith!! I mean what did he ever do to anyone to deserve this??? It's all so sad!

Well....So much to say in this episode! My heart goes out to Keith! Dan as per is being a complete ass! Why is he so spiteful?

OMG poor Jake! Nikki is a complete cow! Why does she even want Jenny? It's obvious she doesn't care about her! I personally think she's doing it to get back at Jake altough he never did anything to Nikki!

Oh yes! Now we all hated that ****head Felix and we all knew that Brooke could do much much better! FInally that girl has stood up for herself! She's better off without him!

Anna turned out to be, well lets face it, not as bad as I thought! I mean she turned her bro in! In a way it's terrible! I mean who does that to someone let alone there sibling? But then again it was Felix who totally deserved it! I'm so happy his small heart got broken! I hope it never heals!!!

Aww...Luke!!!! He's is just soooo cute!!! I can't believe he did that for Brooke! It's soo obvious they both love each other so why can't they just get together!!! ARGH soo fustrating isn't it?

Overall it was a great episode! It turns out that everyone is able to stand up for themselves! YAY!!!
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, as has become ritual, here's my review of tonight's episode!

First, I have to say that I squealed when Felix told Anna that their parents were sending him to military school! I'm glad that Anna reported him, and that she told him the truth.

I LOVED that Brooke broke up with him! He totally deserved it. And as it was happening I was saying, you go Brooke! YAY HER!

Now, to Nathan and Haley. I LOVED the Naley moments that Nathan was remembering on his drive. Especially since they were all WAY cute, and we'd never seen any of them before. Those clips show me even more that they are MEANT TO BE! It totally sucks that Haley took off her ring. You could tell that she was truly happy to see Nathan there. But she crushed him but saying they rushed into things. You could also see that she was REALLY hoping he'd be there when she finished, as she rushed off the stage. And as she thought of him, you could see that she was contemplating what she should do next. CALL HIM!

I also love that Nathan didn't ask her to give it up. That was the smartest move he made. He was showing her that he supports her, and more than anything in the world, he wants to be with her, and that he'll wait for her. She just has to decide. I was afraid that he was going to throw his ring out the window. I'm glad that he didn't.

I am NOT happy about next week. Stay AWAY from Taylor. She's not what you want, and you know it Nathan. Lets hope that the vote is for him to NOT kiss her. To realize that he'd be making a BIG mistake!

Now, onto other characters.

Lucas...I love what he did for Brooke. It's what both Karen and Brooke need. It'll help Karen fill the void of Lucas not being there. And for Brooke, it'll give her the mother figure that she's always longed for. I think it'll be a good relationship. Now, he just needs to actually tell her how he feels.

I'm glad that Karen was understanding of his need to stay with Dan. I wish he'd tell her though about the HMC.

I'm curious to find out what Dan was hiding in the ceiling panel.

Don't you love how Lucas is always sneaking around the corners. :)

Peyton and Jake (and Jenny) (and the whore Nikki)....First, how could Jake NOT know about a hearing? His parents would've forwrded him any information he received. So, either she's lying to him, or she lied to the court....wait, she's probably doing both. I like that Peyton is staying strong next to Jake, and that Jake isn't running. And at the end, where he said before it was just him and Jenny, and how it's him, Jenny, and Peyton. She needed ot hear that, and I think he needed to say it.

I LOVE Andy. I think it's a great thing that he uses his money and connections to help others, with seemingly no strings attached. He's truly a great guy. I hope that his lawyer can help Jake, and that we get rid of Nikki for good.

Keith...I feel so bad for him. I can totally understand his feeling of betrayal. I hope that he does good with what Karen gave him about Jules (Emily). And I hope he eventually comes back to Tree Hill. We'll miss him otherwise.

Seems like there should be more, and I'm sure there is. But, as of now, I can't think of anything else. So, I leave you with this thought (until I read responses and other posts about tonight)...there IS still hope for Nathan and Haley. If you're voting about next week, vote for NO kiss. And let there be a happy reunion for Nathan and Haley in the future. I read about the finale, and we're guaranteed a HUGE cliffhanger...my bet still lies with the crash, and Haley finding out about Nathan being in the hospital. Will she run to him? Will he be okay?

Til later,
    Amanda :)
  • Nikki threatens to take Jenny as she has been granted custody of Jenny. Brooke's dad gets the job in California which means that they have to move there. Nathan drives to where Haley is and reminisces along the way. Brooke finds out Felix spraypainted Pey

This is one of the reasons why I love One Tree Hill ~ the poignant drama. Keith reappears after the foiled wedding. Nathan tries to win back Haley but disappears after Haley finishes her set. Nicky threatens to take away the happiness Peyton and Jake so deserve. Felix is sent to a military school.
  • Nathan goes to see Haley and get her to come back, but she turns him down. Brooke breaks up with Felix after he taggs Peyton's locker. He gets sent to Millitary School. Brooke moves in with Peyton and Keith is really unhappy about Jules.

When I was watching this episode at the beginning, I had this great feeling that everything was going to be okay. Like Haley was going to come back with Nathan. I loved the flashbacks because they were so cute and it really showed how they were really in love. When Nathan walked in, the feeling started to go away when he was trying to get in. And when Haley and Nathan were talking, Haley seemed so happy to see him, but something told me that there wouldn't be a happy ending. I was so upset when they took off their rings. I was hoping that Haley would just leave the tour then but I guess there was still a force keeping her away.

I am so happy that Brooke broke up with Felix because she belongs with Lucas. I was so happy when he told her she's staying in his room, but upset when he decided to stay with Dan, even though it was just to figure out what he's up to.
  • Whatever happened to Michelynne McGuire

Ok i loved this episode but thats not why im writing this review. i want to know whatever happened to Michelynne McGuire? she did that show the starlet and won and got a spot on one tree hill she supposedly moved into brookes house so why didnt they continue with that? they set us up for a new character and then left us hanging? besdies that this episode was great. i love that nathan finally went after haley. Also the music in this episode was killer but they always do a terrific job with the music. so overall good episode - Michelynne thing screwed up.
  • Everyone seems to be on the move but never sure of where they're meant to be headed

Definitely an episode of journeys! Nathan heads out of Tree Hill to find and talk to Haley, when he does the poor guy is met with little enthusiasm from his wife, who seems to be having the time of her life on the tour, though she does admit that she does still love him. The episodes ends with both Nathan and Haley taking off their wedding rings, things don’t look good for them. Things don’t look great for poor Keith either. After being left at the alter by Jules/Emily who was paid to break his heart by Keith’s own heartless brother Dan, he also finds out that the two people he trusts most, Karen and Lucas also knew and didn’t let on. By the end of the episode Keith too, is on the run away from all the bad memories left in Tree Hill. Brooke is dealing with the possibility of having to move to California with her parents after her father gets offered a job. After moving in with Peyton is vetoed by her mother, Lucas and Karen step up, offering Lucas’ room to Brooke until the summer holidays, Brooke is here to stay! But Felix is most definitely on the out. After being shopped to the principal by his own sister Anna for the graffiti on Peyton’s locker, he is not only suspended and shipped off to military school by his parents, but Brooke, outraged dumps him for good measure. Sister Anna is left to deal with the fall-out, finally admitting to her big brother it is in fact her who’s gay. Peyton and Jake are dealing with the reappearance of Nicki, Jenny’s biological mother, and the threat she poses to Jenny and the happiness of their ‘make-shift’ family that had been thriving. With a generous Andy offering financial assistants for an attorney it appears that Jake is going to stay and fight Nicki through the courts instead of running this time, much to Peyton’s relief. Finally, Lucas is still living with Dan to the disgust of Karen, even though the terms of their deal no longer matter. Lucas is just determined to get close enough to his father in order to destroy him.
  • The girl behind the red door

Brooke finally broke up with Felix, he really started annoying me... And Brooke was about to leave town, but Lucas found a way for her to stay. I loved that scene when Luke told her he was gonna miss the girl behind the red door and that was when she saw that he had painted his door red for her. It was so sweet and I think it was the moment when I finally and hopelessely fell in love with Brucas!

I loved the Naley flashbacks, but I was so disappointed that Haley didn't come back home to Tree Hill when Nathan asked her to...
  • Keith is upset after learning the truth about Jules.

I thought that this had to be one of the best episode of One Tree Hill by far. I really loved the scene between Brooke and Felix the one where she tells him that they are over because he was the one who spray painted dyke on Peyton's locker. I was really happy to see Keith go after Dan for paying Jules to break his heart. i was disappointed in Keith though that he was so mad at both Karen and Lucas for not telling him about Jules and Dan's arrangement. I was extremely happy that Karen talked Brookes parents into letting her stay in Tree Hill.
  • Nathan tries to bring Haley back and Keith confronts Dan.

I love this episode! It is so well written! Being a HUGE Naley fan, I loved the flashbacks that Nathan thinks about while he is on his road trip to see Haley. It brings more to the relationship of Nathan and Haley, and shows that they are truly in love and happy. Also, it finally came out that Felix painted that lovely word on Peyton's locker...I mean, who even liked him anyway?! All in all, I honestly think that this was a great episode and the storyline and acting were awesome! This is why so many people get addicted to this show!
  • Heartbreaking Episode for me to watch

When Deb gives Nathan money and go find Haley (while burning the wedding wall) He takes off to find her on tour. While driving to Texas he has many flashbacks about their relationship. One when they are late for their wedding reception and she is taking a shower. He says well if your gonna be late i might as well be too and he jumps in with her. Another is when Haley misses her parents and Nathan says He will take a roadtrip to Atlanta to see them with her. And another when they are putting both of them on the answering machine. Then Nathan gets their and he finds out that she isnt wearing her wedding ring anymore. He leaves when she is performing. Anna tells principal Turner that Felix sprayed Dyke on Peytons locker.
  • I loved it!

Brooke doesn't want to move at all. Nicki claims that she got custody of Jenny. Keith finds out from Lucas and Karen that Jules was paid by Dan. Nathan is on the road for Haley. He has flashbacks of them during his drive. Dan admits to Keith about his plan and Keith gets really angry. Karen wants to talk to Keith. Lucas gets Karen to convince Brooke's parents to let her stay with Karen. Lucas is staying with Dan. Nathan sees Haley, but it seems that she chooses music over him, so he leaves. Anna finds out that Felix is the one who tagged Peyton's locker. With this information, she tells the school and Peyton. When Brooke finds out from Peyton about it, she breaks things off with Felix. Anna reveals the truth about her to Felix and Felix is going to military school. They both take off their wedding rings. Jake is not going to run from Nicki this time.

This episode was great! It's cool that Paul, who plays Dan, directed it! He's pretty good! I loved the flashbacks of Nathan and Haley! This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • Awesome!

Keith gets violent with Dan after learning that Dan paid Jules to fall in love with Keith. Anna turns Felix in to the school authorities after learning that he was the one who vandalized Peyton's locker. Lucas and Brooke discuss Brooke's possible move. Meanwhile, Nathan chances Haley in the hope of bringing her home. Brooke decides to move in with Karen. This episode is named after a song by Nine Inch Nails. Jules has left. And it looks like others are leaveing, too: Brooke to California, Felix to military school, Nathan looking for Haley, Jake and Jenny on the run from Nikki, and Keith to anywhere but Tree Hill. Another great episode. I cant wait to watch more.
  • A perfect and awesome episode! :D!

I loved this episode for so so many reasons.

Firstly, we got to see how Keith would adjust to the exit of Jules and unfortunatly he doesn't take it so well and the acting when he is with Dan at Dan Scott Motors is incredible!

I also am getting into the Jeyton storyline and then they brought back Nikki! I was hoping so much that they would finally find each other and she would be stuck in Seattle! But then again, this is Tree Hill, no happy endings allowed!

I hate that in this episode you really start to see Nathan and Haley's relationship crashing and burning around them.

An excellent episoe with amazing performances!

XxkissessxX
  • Season 2, Episode 17.

Keith gets violent with Dan after learning that Dan paid Jules to fall in love with Keith. Anna turns Felix in to the school authorities after discovering that he was the one who vandalized Peyton's locker. Lucas and Brooke discuss Brooke's possible move. Meanwhile, Nathan chances Haley in the hope of bringing her home. Brooke decides to move in with Karen. Keith better get some serious revenge. Dan did go to far, even though Keith slept with his wife, who was supposed to be divorced from Dan. However, he did have a heart attack. I can't believe Felix did that to Peyton! :( I loved Nicki's appearance in the beginning. Good episode.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show one tree hill keith finds out that dan had arrangement with jules to pay her to fall inlove with keith and keith gets outranged and gets vilent with dan.lucas and brook are tring to decide there next move and so she ends up moving in with karen and anna goes and tells the princpal what happen that it was her brother who did it who vanalized payton locker and nathan is going to try to find haley to bring her back to tree hill to save his marriage this was a good ep i thought
  • Nathan goes after Haley

Karen and Lucas come clean to Keith about what they know about Dan. Dan is beside himself with laughter over the whole thing. Keith is such an emotional wreck he throws a car part threw a window at the dealership towards Dan. Lucas decides to keep living with Dan to try and find out more about what he is up to.

Nathan goes to look for Haley. Along the way he relives memories of their marriage that are really sweet. We didn't get to see much of their married life before Haley left and I liked seeing these memories. But when he shows up she doesn't want to leave and tells Nathan they may have made a mistake when they got married and he leaves without saying goodbye. And in a very sad scene we see Nathan take off his wedding ring.

Nicki is back in town and is trying to get Jenny back. Jake considers running, but doesn't want to leave Peyton.

We find out that Felix is the one who painted "dyke" on Peyton's locker (not a really big surprise) and he gets kicked out of school and sent off to military school. Brooke breaks up with him when she finds out and Anna tells him about herself which he doesn't want to hear and walks away.