One Tree Hill

The Search for Something More

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 2003 on The CW

• Haley and Nathan begin!

Two big things have happen in this episode; Haley and Nathan's relationship began. And we finally saw the real Brooke Davis.

The first was a long time coming. Brooke bringing them together was sweet and the hidden envelope thing was a great idea. They do have chemistry and I'm glad Nathan went public with their relationship. If it will last...I don't remember. But this is the beginning of a major part of the show and their first kiss was done very well.

Now Brooke has been somewhat of a bitch so far, until this episode. When Peyton gets slipped date-rape drugs she saves her and calls Lucas. For the first time you see why she and Lucas would work together. She's caring and they actually have a heart-to-heart conversation. And even how friendly Brooke was to Mouth - that was sweet. BUT Lucas has a problem on his hands. He's officially in a love triangle. I don't him this early either...I don;t know when it is that I start disliking him.

This show is quite good at keeping the adults lives interesting. Deb offering to take over the cafe while Karen goes to Italy was nice and it was great to see Karen doing something she really wants to (even if it is an out so the actress can have some time off). Karen's scenes with Lucas expanded their mother-son bond. And the last of her scenes where she kisses Keith was great. Long time coming but pretty cruel to leave him waiting 6 weeks.

Another brilliant episode. OTH isn't so bad after all. Not early on anyway.

9/10