One Tree Hill

The Show Must Go On

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 03, 2006 on The CW

• Perfect end to season 3.

Over the Hills and Far Away was a great set-up for the finale. Everyone prepared for Nathan and Haley's wedding and Lucas and Peyton returned to Tree Hill.

I loved what Brooke planned for Nathan and Haley. Reliving their best moments with other students was genius and really quite funny. Brooke really has grown as a characters and that's shown when she talks about not needing Lucas as much. You can tell she is stronger and more developed by how she eventually remakes a wedding dress that Haley loves. Shame this all could be ruined by the end of the episode...

Peyton returns and it turns out she isn't marrying Jake. No, he's made her realise that she still has feelings for Lucas. Don't get me wrong, I like Peyton and Lucas together but I kind of liked her with Jake. They made sense. BUT it is brilliantly timed for the finale and Peyton admitting to Brooke that she still has feelings fir him was an excellent cliffhanger to lead us into the final episode of season three.

Lucas also returns and decides he wants to a writer. And Haley decides to invite Dan to the wedding as he seems to be softening as a character. Rachel is still hooked up on Cooper, which was a nice way in bringing her and Brooke closer - just in time for the end of her friendship with Peyton.

This finale is intense...

9.5/10