One Tree Hill

What Are You Willing to Lose

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 21, 2009 on The CW

• Don't like the direction some storylines are taking...

What Are You Willing to Lose? was a bit of mixed bag really.

Haley stood out in her fight to keep Red Bedroom Records open - her impressions of Lucas and Peyton were genius. And I quite liked seeing Mia again. For once I also warmed to Brooke and Julian's relationship when the roles were reversed and Brooke told his father to ma up and care for his son.

BUT it's the rest of the episode I have problems with. Renee claiming that she slept with Nathan is good drama but just feels quite thin. And as a character she's dull and lifeless. The same goes for Miranda who wants to close the label. It seems that the writers are just adding all these half-assed villain into the mix to spice things up. Even take new character Alex. She was quite funny but overly bitchy to the point where it's too much.

Quinn's speech about her husband and how they grew apart was all a bit soppy for me as well. The ending was strong though with Nathan about to make Haley's day even worse. And don't get me started on the awful Dan storyline. Married to Rachel? WHAT? And helping a homeless guy? Give me a break.

It was enjoyable, but I don't like the direction of most of the storylines. Not a good thing.

7/10