Only Fools and Horses Forums

BBC (ended 2003)

Official Errors, Goofs, and Plotholes discussion

Roy_Stantz

[1]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 22
    Hey, if it's alright with you guys, why don't we talk about the many errors that are found on various OFAH episodes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TRForward

[2]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    Rodneys date of birth is the only one i canthink off.

scott1108

[3]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    In the epesode: The long legs of the law (where Rodney dates a police women), a glass falls of the bar and smashes on the floor. This wasn't ment to happen.

Roy_Stantz

[4]Aug 30, 2008
    Here's something that's debatable: Del Boy's year of birth, which is contradicted in several episodes. In "Sleepless in Peckham", Rodney shows Cassandra a photo of the 1960 Jolly Boys' Outing, and says Del was aged 15, making his date of birth around 1945. In "Go West Young Man" (which took place in 1981), Del claims to be 35, giving him a birth date of 1946. In "A Losing Streak" and "Thicker than Water", Del claims his father left in 1965 on Del's 16th birthday, obviously making his birth date 1949, which would made Del 32 (and Rodney 20 or 21) around the time of Season 1.

TRForward

[5]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well that is even more confusing than Rodney's. If it came down to it i would choose 1946 as it the earliest episode and i tend to believe them more in any show

Roy_Stantz

[6]Dec 8, 2008

Alright, here's two errors that need discussed:

1.At the near end of "It's Only Rock and Roll", Del tells Monkey Harris that he's had the talking Kandy Dolls for a week, shortly before seeing the Bunch of Wallies (the band Rodney used to be in) on Top of the Pops. On the day Del bought the dolls, Rodney was still in the band and another member said later he reckoned his friend's cousin could get them a contract. So in the tight space of one week, the Bunch of Wallies have played the Shamrock Club, fired Rodney, found a new drummer, got some instruments of their own (which they never had previously), gained a contract, recorded their song Boys will be Boys, and appeared on Top of the Pops.

2.At the end of "To Hull and Back" as the Trotters return to their flat after coming back from Holland, Rodney shows Del the £15,000 and says that he picked it up when they were running around the table from Slater, but when the Trotters were seen running around the table at the Nag's Head earlier, Rodney quite clearly didn't pick the money up. Then, when the Trotters exited the room after Del told Boycie that he's going home, Rodney did not pick up the money from the table, he just walked out of the room without going near it.

I know I'm nitpicking as well as reviving this thread, but these two errors really need to be discussed now!

nirvanadudeUK

[7]Dec 26, 2008
    • level: 1

I was going to bring up your second point there Roy, yeah he quite clearly doesn't pick it up, what a dipstick.

another minor fault in "to hull and back" is when del, rodders, slater and hoskins are in sids cafe, and at one scene sid has an almost "finished" cigarette, then about 5 seconds later in another scene he has a new one about half smoked. I'm pretty sure it worked like that, try and watch it.

bewitchedfan2k

[8]May 20, 2009
    • level: 12

In strained relations (grandad's funeral episode) the shadow of a camera and cameraman is in the background shot for about 3 seconds.

In Strangers on the shore Rachel says that Boycie keeps putting on "that rotten hair gel" yet when he arrived at the flat he said all he had was the clothes he was wearing.

Grandad says that he never had a garden in Homesick in Series 3, but they then get his old allotment when they buy the flat in Mother Nature's son.

In The Frog's Legacy Del didn't know who Freddy the frog is was trigger's aunt tells him about him but he then knew all about him in Sleepless In Peckham.

Roy_Stantz

[9]Jun 24, 2013

bewitchedfan2k wrote:

In The Frog's Legacy Del didn't know who Freddy the frog is was trigger's aunt tells him about him but he then knew all about him in Sleepless In Peckham.

Well, try and listen to the following dialogue between Del and Raquel when they are in bed talking about Freddie:

Raquel: And you've known all these years?
    Del: No. At least, not when Rodney was a baby. When you get to 20, and your 6-year-old brother is taller than you, it makes you think. I never knew really who he was. As a youngster, I was told to call him "Uncle Fred". Then a few years back, Uncle Albert got drunk at an old folks' do... It was a wet corset contest. Anyway, he told me all about Freddie and my mum. I don't know if you noticed, but there are no photographs of my mum in this house, except for a couple of close-ups.
    Raquel: I assumed your dad had taken them when he left.
    Del: No. He only used to take money and things that he could sell. Then Uncle Albert told me. It was my Aunt Renee who sorted it all after Mum's funeral. You see every picture of Mum included Freddie Robdal, and Aunt Renee knew that as Rodney got older, people would start to see the stimularities.