Opposite Sex

Pilot

Aired Unknown Jul 17, 2000 on FOX

• Three boys attend an all girl high school that has recently decided to allow boys to enroll.

[spoilers]
    I did not know exactly what to expect when I began to watch this show, and I had no prior information on it other than that Milo Ventimiglia and Allison Mack was among it's cast. The show did a good job introducing each character, and letting us know his or her personality. It was interesting that Jed decided to take a chance going to the military school, even though we all knew he was going to stay at Evergreen. I also liked the fact that they mislead us about Miranda's intentions with Jed, and the notes. I appreciate the fact that she will act as a "big sister" instead of a love interest for the remainder of the show, or at least I assume so.
    The I will Survive number performed by the boys had the exact amount of charisma and comedy to be believable. It showed a different side to the boys, and also showed that they weren't afraid.
    There is obviously something between Jed and Kate, which sets up the romance portion of the show. Overall, it was a good pilot and I look forward to the rest of the show.