Netflix (Returning June 9th, 2017)

Drink some wine straight from the toilet because we're all going back to prison!

Netflix has renewed Orange Is the New Black for a third season, ahead of Season 2's premiere on Friday, June 6. The streaming service made a similar move last year when it renewed the women's prison dramedy before any episodes had aired.

Word of the Season 3 order made the rounds via an ever-increasingly popular mode of breaking news: actors' social media accounts. Laura Prepon, who plays incarcerated lesbian drug runner Alex Vause, posted a picture of a white board with potential episode titles for the season to her Instagram account, with the caption "It's official!! Season 3!!"

According to a later tweet by Orange Is the New Black writer Lauren Morelli, the new season has already been in the works for some time. "Know how the FBI can't disclose what they're working on? The last month in the [Orange Is the New Black] writers' room has been like that with lower stakes," she wrote.

Are you ready to go back to Litchfield?

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/17/2016

Season 4 : Episode 13

16 Comments
Comments (16)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
That's awesome. I'm still not sure how Netflix makes money off it's original programming, outside of (I'm guessing) International Syndication? Not that it matters to me. More Orange=Awesomeness.

I also read that Laura Prepon said that she'll be back as a regular for Season 3 instead of recurring, (shes only in 4 episodes of Season 2, which sucks)
Flag
I remember bemoaning the fact that Netflix had renewed the series for a second series before the first had even aired... but that was before I'd seen the series, and obviously, it doesn't bother me now, because the series is great! I will remain cautiously optimistic though, since we're yet to see any of season two.
Flag
Season 2 must be better than the first. Can't wait!
Flag
Great news! OITNB is my favourite Netflix original (followed very closely by HOC).
Flag
Am I the only one who wants to watch an episode with the title "It's The Great Blumpkin Charlie Brown"?
Flag
I love that Netflix does this, so we can watch these seasons completely worry-free, unlike most regular TV shows.

While OitNB isn't my favorite Netflix series, that's more because of how much I love House of Cards and Arrested Development. This is still a great show that only goes to strengthen my love for Netflix.
Flag
YAY more OITNB!!! :)
Flag
This show is great. I cannot wait for season 2.
Flag
Still don't get the hype about this show.
Flag
What the folks below me said. Not much about it seems fun, but that first season was made really well.
Flag
if you've seen the first season, i'd be surprised if you didnt like it.
Flag
Have you watched Season 1? it's a very good show.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members