Netflix (Returning June 9th, 2017)

It looks like prison life has been rough on Piper Chapman during Orange Is the New Black's offseason. 

Entertainment Weekly has shared the first scene from the Netflix drama's much-anticipated second season, and it depicts a Piper who's gone a little off the deep end since being placed in solitary confinement after her altercation with Pennsatucky in the Season 1 finale. But hey, at least she's developing her art skills!

"We had a theme for Season 2. A little darker, a little more fractured," series creator Jenji Kohan told the magazine. "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison."

Orange Is the New Black returns to Netflix on June 6.

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/17/2016

Season 4 : Episode 13

14 Comments
Comments (7)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Didn't watch, want to save myself, but this show is safely on my list of shows I will watch once my classes end.
Flag
"It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison." Probably a little too late as far as I'm concerned as this is the exact reason I tuned out after the first episode.
Flag
I'm so excited to spend the day in bed with Ben & Jerrys binge watching the entirety of S2.
Flag
So every episode is out at the same time again? :-)
Flag
Correct!
Flag
Sweeeet :-)
Flag
I will not watch 'cause I do not want to spoil myself. After June 6 I'll wait for a day off to go on a binge... erm mental much?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members