Orangutan Island

Friday 9:00 PM on Animal Planet Premiered Nov 02, 2007 Between Seasons

Orangutan Island Fan Reviews (11)

• please update the show

We get up ever day at 4 am to watch the show
  • We have grown so attached to these Orangatangs !!!

We watch the show faithfully and have become very attached. We wonder about the outcome of their lives, can some one please let us know if there will be an update on their lives,
  • wonderful amazing!!!

I would love to come to the Island and work with the Orangutan's I love animal's.. What you are doing is awsome and you all have wonderful heart and wow what companion and love you have for the watch the show Monday -Thursday... Thank you for outing such a wonderful show on TV.. THANK YOU pattyanna

• WONDERFUL!!!!!! :)

My girlfriend and I watch the show every moring we love the show and Chen Chen is our fave we both wish we could come to your Island and give our time. just wish that the show was longer than a half Hour we only get to watch it Monday through Thursday ;(... It's a wonderful thing that you are doing. Thank You Joe &Patty Parkin
  • Amazing Creatures

I never thought twice about arrange a tang so until I watched a rang a tang Island and chimp Eden I absolutely love these little guys. it has been super informative and I never knew how amazing these creatures could would love to visit Borneo and meet Lona Dresser. it's heartwarming yet sad to see what humans can actually do to these amazing creatures and I'm so glad that there is a place for them to go and recover and live their lives happily I wish that there were more episodes I often wonder what has become of them now as they are entered adult hood. Please bring back around your tang Island and chimp Eden for it has become one of my favorite shows by far amazing job. Animal Planet has taught me many many things and I would absolutely love to visit and become a part of what you all have been doing there.
  • ABSOLUTELY HEARTWARMING!!!

This is the most amazing show on air today!!! With all the violence around us this show brings us face to face with what really matters; there is so much to learn from nature.... I hope this show continues to be aired, and definitely more often!!!
  • the orangutan island

orangutan island is my favorite show ever, please bring the show back! 10
  • truly miss chen chen

I like many others miss this show along with Escape to Chimp Eden. Even though they have been canceled, i watch them on the animal planet channel a paid programming not as Escape to Chimp Eden or Oranutan Island. I watch them every time they are on even though I've seen them before. They make me laugh, they make me cry, they make my day. They need to be brought back for everyone to get the chance to know Hamlet and the gang and Cozi and the gang. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BRING THESE SHOWS BACK.

I STILL CAN'T FIND OUT WHY THEY CANCELED BOTH OF THESE SHOWS.
  • please bring back Orangutan Island and ALL OTHER MONKEY SHOWSA !!

I Love Orangutan Island and am at a LOSS Now as to WHY This show is NO Longer on Animal Planet and OR WHY did they either Cancel the show OR why did they STOP Making the Show.?????? seems with ALL The Monkey shows, they Only last a couple of seasons and they are No longer making them, I have read that MANY ppl ARE Upset that these shows are not being made anymore..??????? Someone MUST Speak to who ever is in charge of these shows and tell them the ppl WANT THEM ALL BACK and Orangutan IS ANOTHER OF OUR Favorite shows and sadly now were ALL Missing it and left Wondering what happened to out tv_animal_friends.???????? This is NOT FAIR to get us hooked to these : Orangutans, Apes,Monkeys, etc.......and play with Our Emotions this way, as we ALL have grown to Love these guys in the forests and now you all have taken away our friends, and leaving us ALL wondering how is : Jordon, Daisy,Cha Cha, Chen.Chen, and then other shows : Portia who was MY Favorite_ and I was always worried about her and now I have NO Idea how she is and how her baby is, WELL YOU NOW GET MY POINT,

BRING BACK OUR SHOWS, I AM SURE AS WE WATCH AND YOU SHOW COMMERCIALS, THATS ALOT OF MONEY TO BE PUT INTO PRODUCING AND PUTTING THESE GR8 Shows back On the Air.!!??? At Least they are NOT Actors and do NOT have to be Paid. well in food, BUT Alot of many of their foods are right in the Forests~~!! Bottom Line __ PLEASE BRING BACK ALL OUR MONKEY SHOWS, WE SO DEEPLY LOVE TO WATCH, AND LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING AND NOW WERE ALL CONCERNED ABOUT OUT FURRY FRIENDS,---------BRING ALL THEM SHOWS BACK, Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! :-( = SAD IN CANADA :-( :-(
  • Orangutan Island is a show on Animal Planet.I only gave it a 9.5 because it is't really one of my favorites.I'm not saying that I hate the show because I don't.I'm just saying why I gave it a 9.5.

Orangutan Island isn't my favorite show because I hate it.I really like Orangutan Island. I just don't like all the people in the show. If there was not alot of humans in the show I would give it a 10.But I do have a favorite orangutan. My favorite orangutan is Daisy. Daisy is my favorite because I like her personality. I like how she is always ready for an adventure. My second favorite is suturnis. I like him because he always makes me laugh.I don't have a 3rd favorite. I don't like comparing it to other shows on Animal Planet but I do like Meerkat Manor and Lemur Kingdom more than Orangutan Island.Thats why I gave this show a 9.5.
  • 35 orphaned orangutans are sent to an island to live in the wild and learn survivor skills.

This show is great. The orangutans make viewers laugh and cry in the same episode. It ranks up there with Meerkat Manor. You will definetely get attached to these cute little "people". Cha Cha is adorable and cuddley, while Saturnus is the 'Class Clown' of the bunch and Daisy is the feisty female who is protector of her group of friends. And while some of the orangutans will not make it, you will keep coming back to see what will happen to the rest of them. I will look forward to this show every week not only to be entertained by the orangutans, but to learn about them as well.
ANIMAL