An Orphan Black Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on BBC America (Returning 2017)

Sadly, our beloved Tatiana was snubbed in this year's Emmy nominations. Of the seven nominated for Lead Actress in a Drama Series, who do you believe did NOT deserve their nomination?

poll
Comments (21)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The thing is Emmys don't work as you think they do or how they should work. I learned this years ago from an article or interview of Joss Whedon's sometime around,I think, season 4 or 5 of Buffy. He said that you have to petition yourself for Emmys. You have to send in your own videos , sell yourself , and the whole process is expensive.
Thus this probably explains why certain channels don't even get a nod ever and it always seems to be the same people/shows nominated every year when most of the time you know there are waaaay better shows and actors out there.
Flag
all of the above imo
Flag
Technically she should replace four of them for Helena, Alison, Sarah and Cosima.
Flag
Connie Britton, her story line in Nashville was all kinds of useless.
Flag
Anyone voting for Claire Danes to be replaced is just jealous of her tremendous talent...
Flag
Staff
Hey, we loved this post! We just promoted it to the homepage so look for it there ;) Great work!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Thanks!
Flag
As much as I hate to say it maybe Connie she is a terrific actress and definitely deserved an emmy for her work on FNL but I don't really feel she has put an emmy worthy performance on this year with Nashville, in my opinion hayden pantierre stole the show
Flag
It definitely feels like they are making up for the fact that she should have been nominated every season of FNL.
Flag
i am not sure who didn't but i know who did, Vera Farmiga, Claire Danes, are to ones who deserved it the most
Flag
Claire Danes was really great in season 1 of Homeland, but did she do anything that much more impressive in season 2?

I think the Emmys should be quicker to embrace brand new standout performances (like did they last year with Homeland) vs. continuing to nominate the same actors yearly. With that in mind, Orphan Black and Rectify should have been at the top of the Emmy voter viewing list the way House of Cards clearly was.
Flag
Episode 5 basically secured Claire Danes' nomination. Yea she was much more inconsistent in season 2, but that ep! Gah.
Flag
Fair point. It was pretty fantastic.
Flag
You reminded me about Rectify, Rectify was great(even though the pilot was kind of slow) but sadly it seems that because it wasn't on HBO or didn't have nudity no one seems to care about it
I agree with what you said, but what i meant that from the people in the list she seems - to me - from the ones that deserved it the most with Vera Farmiga and
Elisabeth Moss(she is the one that deserved it the most i think, but i think if she didn't show her "boobs" in "Top of the Lake" she probably wouldn't get nominated)
Claire Danes was better in season 1, but still she had some great moments in season 2, but i am sure that there is someone that deserve the nomination more,
There is a lot of weird choices in the Emmys, like Peter Dinklage, i mean he was great but Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was much better this season and it's sad to see him getting nothing for his performance
I think that the Emmys should have a separated categories for new shows(The Americans, Hannibal, Orphan Black, Rectify) it would be much more fair for the new show with no buzz or big names attached to them

But still that might just be me being biased to the shows i love
More +
Flag
A Best New Series category is a pretty great idea!

Sort of like the Rookie of the Year award in sports. And I'm sure an occasional show would win both awards as Homeland would have.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members