An Orphan Black Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on BBC America
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Orphan Black

Join in on the Orphan Black general show discussion.

Discussion
Jul 17, 2014
DNA research: Should we be concerned?
Well the new direction DNA and gene research is taking

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/evolution/crispr-gene-drives/

is open for concern to all fans of Orphan Black. Naturally, we want this research to go the direction of good and provide the solution of gene deficiency and gene related diseases, but it can very well go the way of military, corporate bad. We, as fans, have to accept the fact that for once, we are not in science fiction, but at the edge of real discoveries that our beloved series is opening for debate. we have discussed some of these issues here and will certainly continue to do so; but I want to invite another further step here.
While I am not naive and know that we certainly cannot prevent the military or corporations to debase this research for greedy and hostile purposes, we can, however, converge our professional ...Read more
Discussion
Jan 27, 2014
Orphan Black: Musings on the Music
The music on this show has been nesting in my heart and head for a while, obsessing me to voice (write) something about it because I find it so prominent and strong, and unless I am mistaken (I still am on a reading/writing comments full break), no one has brought it up in the community.

So this is an invitation, for all of you who would have felt similar, to talk about it as I honestly thought this topic deserved a post :-)

Sadly, I have no particularly original or relevant angle to offer, but don’t let that prevent you from expressing yourself on the one very interesting topic here: the music on Orphan Black :-)

Here are my utterly biased thoughts about the sound of the show that gave me poetic and ethereal chills in one of the best series openings ever and got tummy rolls from me when ...
Read more
Discussion
Jan 04, 2014
Did any of you see Tatiana Maslany on Parks and Recreation?
Did any of you notice her guest role in Parks & Recreation? I've been catching up on this season's Parks & Rec and much to my surprise I recognized her in episode 5 (she is also in episode 6).

I'm off to finish catching up on Parks & Recreation.
Discussion
Nov 24, 2013
Now That There's A Premiere Date, What's in Store for Orphan Black Season 2?
We have all rejoiced in the announcement of the April 2014 premiere date for season 2 of Orphan Black (okay, most of us would like it to premiere, like, tomorrow, but still). With the way season 1 ended what's in store for Sarah and here clone club in season 2?! I'm excited for what's in store, no matter what that happens to be, but I'm curious what the fans think and hope will happen! My hope is that we learn a lot more about the origin of the clones. I hope Paul goes all in and officially is team clone club. I hope Art comes around and becomes an asset rather than trying to take 'em down. I hope Vic's character (as much as I like Michael Mando as an actor) has little to do with things as he seems to bring lots of trouble ...Read more
Discussion
Sep 23, 2013
So, this is the safe place to pour out all the feels about all the shows, right ? Cause I could use that ^^
(I just needed to pour out some shabby metaphysical questions covering a still boiling hot emotional mess. Sorry, so sloppy ^^)

It’s very late on a Sunday night, and I have finished catching up with Orphan Black earlier today. I decided to watch that show I knew naught about but attracted me still (a bit like Dollhouse before I fell madly in love with it :) in late June, and while I usually dislike marathoning shows (I feel it reduces the experience, makes me scattered, I don’t know…) I’ve basically watched the whole thing in less than 17 hours (sleep included).
I do need to get out one massive cerebral cloud it triggered for me ^^ and talk about it a bit because it’s an excellent show :-)

In case you’ve missed that train, I’m French, Paris born (though I insist I’ve nothing of the sophisticated beauteous ...Read more
Discussion
Jul 19, 2013
So, in response to her not being nominated...I bought the series on DVD and I am going to make several people I know who have a vague interest in government conspiracy shows watch it. Whose with me?

List so far includes my stepfather, my mother, my uncle and I think my brother (though his girlfriend seems like she would be a fan)

Discussion
Jul 12, 2013
Orphan Black Wallpaper

Hi everyone, i am desperately searching for this wallpaper in 1920x1080 with 300dpi, but the only one i found via google is this one, and unfortunately it doesnt fully load. Can someone try if he/she has more luck, or does someone have this pic with this properties? Many thx in advance!

http://stuffpoint.com/orphan-black/image/238559/orphan-black-wallpaper/

http://stuffpoint.com/orphan-black/image/238559-orphan-black-orphan-black.jpg

Discussion
Jul 07, 2013
Anyone lucky enough to be going to the San Diego Comic Con?

For those of you who are lucky enough to attend the San Diego Comic Con July 19th and 20th, make sure you swing by and say hello to Tatiana and the rest of the crew. For exact times and places check out this TVLine link and take a picture with Ms. Maslany for me! (I'll photoshop my head on your body free of charge)

Follow this Show
Members
Aired
Aired
Aired
Aired
Aired
Sarah Manning/Beth Childs/Katja Obinger/Alison Hendrix/Cosima Niehaus/Helena/Rachel Duncan/Jennifer Fitzsimmons
Paul Dierden
Delphine Cormier
Felix Dawkins
Detective Art Bell

Sarah, a grifter, witnesses the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. She picks up the woman's handbag and runs. Instead of solving the mystery of how they can look the same, she is confronted with more mysteries. Taking on the woman's identity she discovers they are clones and that there are more of them out there, living in a wide range of circumstances.

As Sarah tries to find out what is going on and who is responsible for it, someone starts picking them off one by one. In a race to find the reason for it all before the killer can get to her, Sarah doesn't know who to trust.

The episode titles for season one are taken from Charles Darwin's evolutionary text "On The Origin of Species" (published November 24, 1859) and for season two, the episode titles are quotes from the works of Sir Francis Bacon.

moreless