Orphan Black

Saturday 9:00 PM on BBC America Premiered Mar 30, 2013 Returning April 18, 2015

TesserT

Orphan Black Fan Reviews (55)

• There is no other...

this is a show, that I can watch 100 of times and still find it interesting. for me there is no other show like this. i like both the subject and actors, writing is brilliant..

Tatiana became my favorite actress instantly, with a talent like hers,there's no surprise there. this is why I'm annoyed by the fact that the important award shows forget all about her, which is a real shame. they give out awards to less talented actors,just because their show has more viewers or who knows for what stupid reason.

when she is on screen as her characters,i can tell them apart,just by hearing her VOICE.

all the other actors on this show have real talent as well,so that makes this show even better.

i can't say one thing I don't like about it.

10/10.

ps: there is one thing,that I don't like: it has only 10 episodes.
  • Tatiana Maslany is awsome

how the hell she is acting so many characters like that. she is awsome. she should win an emmy
  • HoPeFuL

does anyone know if it is renewed for season 3???
  • Everytime I browse this page that last comment really annoys me so...

just joined so I could comment here! Orphan Black is the best! After just 1 season I'm happy to call it my favourite show. Gave it a go recently thanks to the spot in the Top 100 & was hooked from the 1st scene. Tatiana & the whole cast are amazing! Can't wait for Season 2 =) If you haven't watched Orphan Black, gets your hands on it - set aside a Saturday evening & binge the lot! For anyone put off by the 'sci'fi' genre (I'm not normally a fan) don't worry about it. Just awesome!
  • Compelling, Cryptic and I'm Addicted!!

This original new Sci-Fi series is outstanding. The writing is stellar, the pace quick and clear. The actors are winners all around. Tatiana is perfectly wonderful and convincing in each role she plays, I honestly thought maybe they did have twins acting as her talent at owning each role and "being" each character is mind boggling. I must admit, Jordan Gavaris,(Felix) nearly steals the show, his character provides wonderful light moments and comedic relief in what is otherwise a thrilling and intense show. The more answers you get, the more questions you have and I can't wait for season two!!
  • My dexter replacement

OMG just finished watching s1 and I can't wait for s2,at least I found something to replace the Dexter that is gone from my life. This show has my attention and I'm really liking it.
  • Can't wait for the next season!

OH MY GOD. This is like the BEST series yet and it has the BEST lead actor ever! I mean, how does Tatiana do it? It takes a lot of talent to play one character and she goes off and play what, five or more? She is an acting god. And without their differences physically, I swear she can still play those roles differently.

And the plot is so good. It's something realistic that could happen in the near future (or it might be happening now without our knowledge). Just enough teaspoons of romance, a bunch of family stuff, a lot of suspense and mystery and voila! The perfect recipe.
  • Wow... I mean WOW...

What an awesome show. Seriously. I was hooked on the first season. Love the characters as they are all different. Tatiana Maslany is such an awesome actress, really beautiful and makes you want to watch more. The only thing I hated about the first season was that it was too short.
  • Best new show of the year

Possibly of a few years. I was intrigued by the advertising and being a Doctor Who fan, I watched the debut. Now, I look forward to it more than Doctor Who. Tatiana Maslany is a female Gary Oldman. She convincingly plays multiple roles. The writing and directing is phenomenal as well. Jordan Gavares also deserves accolades as Felix, the show wouldn't be the same without him. DAMMIT! Now I have to wait until January to see what happens next.
  • Amazing story

This show is just great. Plot is really well written getting us craving for more.

All actors are very convincing this mixing of US and GB has a magical chemistry that gets you stick to the screen.

The opening sequence with the cg thingies is the only thing that needs to be changed, it stinks.

Kudos to the writers.
  • Amazing acting, Gripping Story. What Else Do You Need

Absolutely the best sci-fi I am watching right now. Three reasons to watch this show: Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany. Her acting is off the charts in this show. She plays a bunch of clones all with different personalities and nails each one so well that you truly see each character differently with their own personality quirks.

The story is great also. The pacing is done beautifully with each reveal and each twist leaving me guessing. This show is a mystery/drama/scfi all wrapped into one and is a must-watch for any fan of these genres
  • Great show - staff should review

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I love this show!

"Absolutely stunning. Great storyline, superb ambience, Maslany is a great actress. An original approach to the difficult subject of clones"
  • Great show - staff should review

Tim would be a great person to review this show, theres so much going on and its a great show, and its always fun to read his reviews.
  • Mysterious, Intense, Suspenful!

I love this show! This is the best show on TV. I love it!
  • Fantastic show

The acting is brilliant and so is the writing. I was hooked from day one. Tatiana Maslany is amazing and deserves all the accolades for her acting.
  • awesome

One of the best shows for a long time and it keeps going better and better every episode. Tatiana Maslant is brilliant the storyline is thrilling and never lost it tension for a second so far. If they keep up the awsome work this show will definitely become one of my favorites.
  • The best surprise of the year

• Darn good

It's been a long time since I haven't been that excited by a show.

This is absolutely brillant story telling and I think that much more will come because there is so much potential.

Tatiana Maslany is amazing.

If you have doubts about watching the show, just watch the first episode. I bet you will be hooked.

I am updating my review because the show just gets better and better with each episode. The story develops in ways you cannot predict. Tatiana Maslany's acting gets more confident and her character(s) grow and evolve but in a very subtle and realistic way.

So, uprating to 10 and I cannot wait to see the next episode.
  • Brilliant and Clever

This is a great show. I thought originally it would be like the cancelled show "Ringer" with Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy fame, but this is Ringer on steroids. So much better. It can go in so many directions. And Tatiana Maslany, the girl who has the main part is such an excellent actress. By episode 4 she has played 9 versions of herself with different personalities and each part is played flawlessly. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes. There are heaps of twists and threads to keep you hanging on for more. Recommend it highly.
  • Just discovered it, great show

I just watched season 1 over a few days. They do a really fantastic job of making each clone seem like different people from the acting and look to the camerawork and editing.
  • No Clone Show!

Original story, strongly scripted and Maslany on a colorful performance recital!

Really impressed!
  • THIS SHOW IS AMAAZING

Orphan Black -

Honestly, I don't usually review shows, I watch what i can, Love what deserves to be loved and give constructive criticisms to shows that need to just get better or cancel. *Sadly, YES*

Orphan Black has an amazing storyline, good actors and actresses, a good crew in general, That lovely British Accent, I love it. Totally recommended to TV Show lovers.

Tatiana Maslany
  • Tatiana Maslany is amazing, and the show ain't bad either.

Obviously, despite the Emmy snub that left critics and fans alike scratching their collective heads, Tatiana Maslany is the hardest working actress on tv today.

That she manages to pull off the believability factor of playing 8 very different roles in one show is . I forget that I'm watching the same actress, and that my fellow fans, ain't f-ing easy. She's convincing, which is hard enough to do with a single character. Doing 8? That is mind boggling. So no matter the insanity of the Emmy folks, she deserves every accolade out there.

But, despite the fact that she literally *is* 90 percent of the show, there is also the story to be considered. Personally, I've found it compelling if frustrating on occasion. The premise itself is interesting, and for the most part, the writers pull it off well. There is some suspension of disbelief needed, and some details that don't really pass muster, but overall, most episodes have left me glued to my set.

Also, I think a well-deserved round of applause is due for Jordan Gavaris's role as Felix. He often provides wonderful comic relief, and is a joy to watch his interaction with the "clone-club".

As of now, apparently a third season has been green lighted. ( tho I'd have been surprised if it hadn't).

It's my most-anticipated show of the upcoming season, by far.
  • Review for episode one of season two.

This is a fantastic series. I just love it. You never know whats going to happen next. I hope he bitch Rachel learns to fear hope Elena gets Kara back for Sara and they become friends at last. Love the smack down of Rachel in her office. The uptight bitch had it coming. Need to get more new clones involved in the story. Hope Sara turns out to be a real bad ass. Thomas needs to be strung up some where.
  • Hurray! its picked up for a 2nd season!

I just happened to stumble across this show and was instantly hooked! If you like drama, syfy, suspense and a bit of off-colored humor (Felix's character), all wrapped up in one, this is the show for you! BTW Brava for Tatiana's work on each one of the clones!
  • I recommend to watch it and to give it a try

Just read that Tatiana got the CCA for her role in this series. And I must say she definitely earned it.

Although some might say she is very beautiful. I dont think so, but that is not the point, why I am watching it ;)

• The best new sci-fi

Haven't seen one in a really long time. Good to have you here, come, take a warm spot in my tv list. Wish you not to lose it in season 2.
  • Original, No cloning

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I started watching it because it was right after Doctor Who but I actually began to want to see it more than I wanted to see Doctor Who...
  • Masterpiece of acting by lead actress

This Show really is a masterpiece of acting by Tatiana Maslany. Never before I have seen an actress playing different characters so completly believable. And the story is getting more intense every Episode.

Too sad noone on staff is taking up the unbelievable enjoyous task to review this show.

My advice so far: DONT MISS THIS SHOW!
  • compelling

This show keeps getting more compelling each week! Can't help but wonder ifTatiana Maslant has trouble keeping track of who she is supposed to be at any given moment and what accent/mannerisms to use. Very good storyline told in a manner that keeps drawing you in. Never know whats going to happen next!. And teh touchs of humor here and there only add to the show.

Excellent program!