Orphan Black

Thursday 10:00 PM on BBC America Premiered Mar 30, 2013 Returning 2017

TesserT

Orphan Black Fan Reviews (61)

• The best surprise of the year

• Darn good

It's been a long time since I haven't been that excited by a show.

This is absolutely brillant story telling and I think that much more will come because there is so much potential.

Tatiana Maslany is amazing.

If you have doubts about watching the show, just watch the first episode. I bet you will be hooked.

I am updating my review because the show just gets better and better with each episode. The story develops in ways you cannot predict. Tatiana Maslany's acting gets more confident and her character(s) grow and evolve but in a very subtle and realistic way.

So, uprating to 10 and I cannot wait to see the next episode.
  • Brilliant and Clever

This is a great show. I thought originally it would be like the cancelled show "Ringer" with Sarah Michelle Gellar from Buffy fame, but this is Ringer on steroids. So much better. It can go in so many directions. And Tatiana Maslany, the girl who has the main part is such an excellent actress. By episode 4 she has played 9 versions of herself with different personalities and each part is played flawlessly. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes. There are heaps of twists and threads to keep you hanging on for more. Recommend it highly.
  • Best New Show of the Season Hands Down

This show is so mindblowingly amazing that I cannot think of another show that hit the money so hard and so fast. Just when you think, Hey! The cops are probably going to be stupid and not notice anything crazy going on under their THEN THEY DO! THE STORYTELLING IS LOGICAL AND IT ALL MAKES SENSE. I am constantly scratching my head because I do not know what is coming next. Incredible show. Cannot wait for the next 5 episodes.
  • Everytime I browse this page that last comment really annoys me so...

just joined so I could comment here! Orphan Black is the best! After just 1 season I'm happy to call it my favourite show. Gave it a go recently thanks to the spot in the Top 100 & was hooked from the 1st scene. Tatiana & the whole cast are amazing! Can't wait for Season 2 =) If you haven't watched Orphan Black, gets your hands on it - set aside a Saturday evening & binge the lot! For anyone put off by the 'sci'fi' genre (I'm not normally a fan) don't worry about it. Just awesome!
  • awesome

One of the best shows for a long time and it keeps going better and better every episode. Tatiana Maslant is brilliant the storyline is thrilling and never lost it tension for a second so far. If they keep up the awsome work this show will definitely become one of my favorites.
  • great so far

I'm favorably impressed after two episodes - the slow "reveals" make this interesting and puts alot of tension in what wiould otherwise be just another crime drama. Great idea making her step into the shoes of a cop - fortunetly, she's a rather good grifter and swift on her feet - looks like it should be alot of fun going forward
  • Wow... I mean WOW...

What an awesome show. Seriously. I was hooked on the first season. Love the characters as they are all different. Tatiana Maslany is such an awesome actress, really beautiful and makes you want to watch more. The only thing I hated about the first season was that it was too short.
  • compelling

This show keeps getting more compelling each week! Can't help but wonder ifTatiana Maslant has trouble keeping track of who she is supposed to be at any given moment and what accent/mannerisms to use. Very good storyline told in a manner that keeps drawing you in. Never know whats going to happen next!. And teh touchs of humor here and there only add to the show.

Excellent program!
  • Episode

I'm dying to see episode two now! PVR'd and ready for the weekend. And i think I can trust Space to see it is that Vancouver? So many reasons to watch this show.

I loved the slap in the face twists and the chemistry between the two leads is fantastic.
  • Love It!

I'm hooked. I sincerely hope that this doesn't get canceled like 3 other shows this season that I thought were just fine. Do no harm, Zero Hour and 666 were really peaking my interest... and bam, down the tubes! I hate that. Let's all make sure that doesn't happen with this one..
  • Solid suspense show filled out by brilliant acting

I recently read an interview with Tatiana Maslany, who plays most of the main characters on Orphan Black, and she talked about the difficulties of playing scenes where she's acting all the parts, and I realized I had never even thought of that, because her characters are so distinct and fully formed that I never think, there's Tatiana Maslany and some really impressive greenscreen work.

Maslany is utterly amazing (like others before me, I can't help but wonder how Dollhouse would have turned out with an actress with her amazing range). And if you pay attention to it, the greenscreen stuff is also pretty amazing. I once thought to really watch what was happening, with three of Maslany onscreen, and not only is it flawlessly filmed but it's also incredibly well choreographed. At one point one Maslany scootches over on the couch to make room for another Maslany, a perfectly normal gesture that is remarkable in this context.

As for the series itself, it's really good. It tells a compelling, intricate story. But at times it feels unrealistic, or convoluted, problems particularly noticeable in the season 1 finale. But just watching Maslany do her thing is enough to keep me watching.
  • entertaining show

i like this not a masterpiece but it is fun ,fresh and unpretentious,ok it has its flows but in a who cares kind of way,it has some violence but by todays standards it is the closest to actors characters are likeable , tatiana is cute and carries the show in a funny and light way that is the intention of the production i was watching,the following but i got sick regarding this show,so i now i watch this one and arrow .i am not a big fun of game of thrones so i am out of this kind of frenzy .but i am glad that a new show has been added to my programme.
  • Great show - staff should review

Tim would be a great person to review this show, theres so much going on and its a great show, and its always fun to read his reviews.
  • Excellent so far

Tatiana Maslany is a fantastic actress. The writers have done a great job in creating suspense and mystery.

Watch it.
  • Outstanding Show!

Aside from Game of Thrones, this is the best show on television! Unbelievably fantastic acting by Tatiana Maslany - you know the Emmy's are nothing more than a Hollywood popularity contest when it takes 3 years for her to even be nominated - she should have won it for best performance(s) by an actress in a dramatic role 3 years in a row!!!! Fantastic story line, edge-of-your-seat action, crisp dialogue, and totally engaging characters. If you haven't seen this show, check it out on Amazon Prime.
  • Excellent Show

Tatiana Maslany is the main selling point of the show with the excellent acting that she brings to the table. Smart, original, compelling clone drama that's an absolute must watch.
  • There is no other...

this is a show, that I can watch 100 of times and still find it interesting. for me there is no other show like this. i like both the subject and actors, writing is brilliant..

Tatiana became my favorite actress instantly, with a talent like hers,there's no surprise there. this is why I'm annoyed by the fact that the important award shows forget all about her, which is a real shame. they give out awards to less talented actors,just because their show has more viewers or who knows for what stupid reason.

when she is on screen as her characters,i can tell them apart,just by hearing her VOICE.

all the other actors on this show have real talent as well,so that makes this show even better.

i can't say one thing I don't like about it.

10/10.

ps: there is one thing,that I don't like: it has only 10 episodes.
  • Tatiana Maslany is awsome

how the hell she is acting so many characters like that. she is awsome. she should win an emmy
  • Can't wait for the next season!

OH MY GOD. This is like the BEST series yet and it has the BEST lead actor ever! I mean, how does Tatiana do it? It takes a lot of talent to play one character and she goes off and play what, five or more? She is an acting god. And without their differences physically, I swear she can still play those roles differently.

And the plot is so good. It's something realistic that could happen in the near future (or it might be happening now without our knowledge). Just enough teaspoons of romance, a bunch of family stuff, a lot of suspense and mystery and voila! The perfect recipe.
  • Fantastic show

The acting is brilliant and so is the writing. I was hooked from day one. Tatiana Maslany is amazing and deserves all the accolades for her acting.
  • So worth it

Just caught up with season 1. What an amazing show! I've missed a good sci-fi drama and the acting by Tatiana is simply brilliant.
  • Amazing acting, Gripping Story. What Else Do You Need

Absolutely the best sci-fi I am watching right now. Three reasons to watch this show: Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany. Her acting is off the charts in this show. She plays a bunch of clones all with different personalities and nails each one so well that you truly see each character differently with their own personality quirks.

The story is great also. The pacing is done beautifully with each reveal and each twist leaving me guessing. This show is a mystery/drama/scfi all wrapped into one and is a must-watch for any fan of these genres
  • Surprisingly refreshing

When I was first told that I must watch this show I wasn't all that interested. I gave my friend the benefit of the doubt and gave it a try. I was not super impressed with the beginning and thought it was perhaps a little bit slow but I was intrigued enough to keep watching and I am very glad that I did. The concept is superb, the acting is fantastic, the story line is never quite clear and it is compelling that the show runners know that the audience is smart and are trying to figure things out with the characters rather than just giving away all the answers.
  • THIS SHOW IS AMAAZING

Orphan Black -

Honestly, I don't usually review shows, I watch what i can, Love what deserves to be loved and give constructive criticisms to shows that need to just get better or cancel. *Sadly, YES*

Orphan Black has an amazing storyline, good actors and actresses, a good crew in general, That lovely British Accent, I love it. Totally recommended to TV Show lovers.

Tatiana Maslany
  • Tatiana Maslany is amazing, and the show ain't bad either.

Obviously, despite the Emmy snub that left critics and fans alike scratching their collective heads, Tatiana Maslany is the hardest working actress on tv today.

That she manages to pull off the believability factor of playing 8 very different roles in one show is . I forget that I'm watching the same actress, and that my fellow fans, ain't f-ing easy. She's convincing, which is hard enough to do with a single character. Doing 8? That is mind boggling. So no matter the insanity of the Emmy folks, she deserves every accolade out there.

But, despite the fact that she literally *is* 90 percent of the show, there is also the story to be considered. Personally, I've found it compelling if frustrating on occasion. The premise itself is interesting, and for the most part, the writers pull it off well. There is some suspension of disbelief needed, and some details that don't really pass muster, but overall, most episodes have left me glued to my set.

Also, I think a well-deserved round of applause is due for Jordan Gavaris's role as Felix. He often provides wonderful comic relief, and is a joy to watch his interaction with the "clone-club".

As of now, apparently a third season has been green lighted. ( tho I'd have been surprised if it hadn't).

It's my most-anticipated show of the upcoming season, by far.
  • Masterpiece of acting by lead actress

This Show really is a masterpiece of acting by Tatiana Maslany. Never before I have seen an actress playing different characters so completly believable. And the story is getting more intense every Episode.

Too sad noone on staff is taking up the unbelievable enjoyous task to review this show.

My advice so far: DONT MISS THIS SHOW!
  • immediately hooked

all it took was one episode. Great show!
  • Two episodes in...

Gotta say... looking like a new spot just opened on my favourite list.

love the suspense and mystery aspect of this show... the twists in the plot.

BUT my favourite guy is the gay gangsta friend wannabe artist couldbe coke dealer....

Thats it for now...

Oh almost forgot, i loved the cliche german version with the LOLA RENNT haircut and the weird body language. Very convincing. in my opinion all germans look exactly like that. dont worry its ok if i say stuff like that .... after all i am austrian :)
  • Great show - staff should review

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I love this show!

"Absolutely stunning. Great storyline, superb ambience, Maslany is a great actress. An original approach to the difficult subject of clones"
< 1 2 3