Orphan Black

Saturday 9:00 PM on BBC America Premiered Mar 30, 2013 Between Seasons

TesserT

Orphan Black Fan Reviews (45)

• HoPeFuL

does anyone know if it is renewed for season 3???
  • She sounds awful

0.0
    Tatiana's accents are so bad that it is hard to focus on the show because every time she opens her mouth, it is so distracting. If there are no Canadian dialect-coaches, then at least import one. Even her Canadian characters like Allison have weird, foreign accents which only furthers the ignorant belief that a lot of Americans have that Canadians have accents as compared to Americans.

• So worth it

Just caught up with season 1. What an amazing show! I've missed a good sci-fi drama and the acting by Tatiana is simply brilliant.
  • Review for episode one of season two.

This is a fantastic series. I just love it. You never know whats going to happen next. I hope he bitch Rachel learns to fear hope Elena gets Kara back for Sara and they become friends at last. Love the smack down of Rachel in her office. The uptight bitch had it coming. Need to get more new clones involved in the story. Hope Sara turns out to be a real bad ass. Thomas needs to be strung up some where.
  • Solid suspense show filled out by brilliant acting

I recently read an interview with Tatiana Maslany, who plays most of the main characters on Orphan Black, and she talked about the difficulties of playing scenes where she's acting all the parts, and I realized I had never even thought of that, because her characters are so distinct and fully formed that I never think, there's Tatiana Maslany and some really impressive greenscreen work.

Maslany is utterly amazing (like others before me, I can't help but wonder how Dollhouse would have turned out with an actress with her amazing range). And if you pay attention to it, the greenscreen stuff is also pretty amazing. I once thought to really watch what was happening, with three of Maslany onscreen, and not only is it flawlessly filmed but it's also incredibly well choreographed. At one point one Maslany scootches over on the couch to make room for another Maslany, a perfectly normal gesture that is remarkable in this context.

As for the series itself, it's really good. It tells a compelling, intricate story. But at times it feels unrealistic, or convoluted, problems particularly noticeable in the season 1 finale. But just watching Maslany do her thing is enough to keep me watching.
  • Everytime I browse this page that last comment really annoys me so...

just joined so I could comment here! Orphan Black is the best! After just 1 season I'm happy to call it my favourite show. Gave it a go recently thanks to the spot in the Top 100 & was hooked from the 1st scene. Tatiana & the whole cast are amazing! Can't wait for Season 2 =) If you haven't watched Orphan Black, gets your hands on it - set aside a Saturday evening & binge the lot! For anyone put off by the 'sci'fi' genre (I'm not normally a fan) don't worry about it. Just awesome!
  • decent but here's the thing people.

This is a very intriguing show but, it's it's got more holes then a brick of string cheese. Lots of holes in the details of situations like one fight where a guy takes on 2 people from a chair. Well why the hell would he concentrate on the person in front of him when someone is behind him... oh yah and guns pointed at people that aren't even cocked so yah lets just use a gun that's been ran out of bullets and then put it right into the scene so everyone can look at the barrel sticking out.. but yah it's a decent show but be prepared to laugh and stupified. I'll give the over all story of the show 8 but i can't give the entire thing much more then 7 due to the lazyness of the set director.
  • immediately hooked

all it took was one episode. Great show!
  • Addicted!

Tatiana Maslany is amazing. The fact that she can play so many characters, and make each one different and enjoyable. Looking forward to season 2!!
  • Compelling, Cryptic and I'm Addicted!!

This original new Sci-Fi series is outstanding. The writing is stellar, the pace quick and clear. The actors are winners all around. Tatiana is perfectly wonderful and convincing in each role she plays, I honestly thought maybe they did have twins acting as her talent at owning each role and "being" each character is mind boggling. I must admit, Jordan Gavaris,(Felix) nearly steals the show, his character provides wonderful light moments and comedic relief in what is otherwise a thrilling and intense show. The more answers you get, the more questions you have and I can't wait for season two!!
  • My dexter replacement

OMG just finished watching s1 and I can't wait for s2,at least I found something to replace the Dexter that is gone from my life. This show has my attention and I'm really liking it.
  • Can't wait for the next season!

OH MY GOD. This is like the BEST series yet and it has the BEST lead actor ever! I mean, how does Tatiana do it? It takes a lot of talent to play one character and she goes off and play what, five or more? She is an acting god. And without their differences physically, I swear she can still play those roles differently.

And the plot is so good. It's something realistic that could happen in the near future (or it might be happening now without our knowledge). Just enough teaspoons of romance, a bunch of family stuff, a lot of suspense and mystery and voila! The perfect recipe.
  • Orphan Black.... Well, I guess 'Black Orphan' would of got them in trouble.

Tatiana Maslany, is one incredible actress. She plays each role superbly. The producers and cast managers for Orphan Black found a real gem in Tatiana Maslany. This show is destined to send her into super celebrity status.

Not a bad show at all, I'm hooked already after episode 3.

It's an interesting storyline in my favorite genre of TV show... A science fiction storyline that COULD happen in the real world today.

I will give a more detailed review when I've finished season one but right now I'm wondering why the girls don't all meet-up in one place and hold a very public press release to announce themselves as clones to the world. This could potentially solve all their problems, you know, the scientist who wants them dead to protect the illegal experiment from getting exposed. If they simply tell the world of their dilemma, not only would they be globally famous as soon as they prove they are clones, it would put an end to their assassins because there wouldn't be a point to killing them anymore. And that's it, end of story, end of plot. Granted, the government would probably keep them in a cage to do experiments on but they couldn't do this for long because the public wouldn't allow it.

That's what I think but I'm only up to episode 3 so I'm still learning the plot. If it turns out they were government experiments then that might explain their secret mission to uncover their story and collect all the evidence.

As I said, an interesting story so far.
  • Very engaging and unpredictable

Reminds me of dollhouse, but with a better actress and story(at present). They keep you guessing at what's happening, while still keeping a very good pace. Even if you tried to guess, you will still be shocked at several points. Also Tatiana is great and very convincing in her role(s). Although that wouldn't matter, if the characters weren't so excellently written. It gives hope for the SciFi genre..
  • Hurray! its picked up for a 2nd season!

I just happened to stumble across this show and was instantly hooked! If you like drama, syfy, suspense and a bit of off-colored humor (Felix's character), all wrapped up in one, this is the show for you! BTW Brava for Tatiana's work on each one of the clones!
  • I recommend to watch it and to give it a try

Just read that Tatiana got the CCA for her role in this series. And I must say she definitely earned it.

Although some might say she is very beautiful. I dont think so, but that is not the point, why I am watching it ;)

• Not bad at all

Glad I gave this show a chance.
  • Wow... I mean WOW...

What an awesome show. Seriously. I was hooked on the first season. Love the characters as they are all different. Tatiana Maslany is such an awesome actress, really beautiful and makes you want to watch more. The only thing I hated about the first season was that it was too short.
  • it's getting better and better at each episode...

I usually need to really be into the very first episode of a show to start liking it or becoming addicted to it

the first episode of Orphan Black made me doubt about the show and i didn't really like Felix at the beginning

but i found some interesting clues that made me believe that it would be a good story behind

then i started to watch the second, then the third... and finally it's really a great show

that's too bad clones are dying too quickly in the first season (unless there are plenty coming up soon) and the first season is also too short :(

can't wait the see the next season
  • The story makes you overlook any bad thing there might be

Awesome story, so well written, so creative! Tatiana Maslany plays all the characters beautifully and the difficult screen moments where there are two or more of them in one shot are overall executed very neatly. The few times that it is a little bit less seamless are easily forgiven, just because it's such a powerful story!
  • The best new sci-fi

Haven't seen one in a really long time. Good to have you here, come, take a warm spot in my tv list. Wish you not to lose it in season 2.
  • Best new show of the year

Possibly of a few years. I was intrigued by the advertising and being a Doctor Who fan, I watched the debut. Now, I look forward to it more than Doctor Who. Tatiana Maslany is a female Gary Oldman. She convincingly plays multiple roles. The writing and directing is phenomenal as well. Jordan Gavares also deserves accolades as Felix, the show wouldn't be the same without him. DAMMIT! Now I have to wait until January to see what happens next.
  • Amazing story

This show is just great. Plot is really well written getting us craving for more.

All actors are very convincing this mixing of US and GB has a magical chemistry that gets you stick to the screen.

The opening sequence with the cg thingies is the only thing that needs to be changed, it stinks.

Kudos to the writers.
  • Two episodes in...

Gotta say... looking like a new spot just opened on my favourite list.

love the suspense and mystery aspect of this show... the twists in the plot.

BUT my favourite guy is the gay gangsta friend wannabe artist couldbe coke dealer....

Thats it for now...

Oh almost forgot, i loved the cliche german version with the LOLA RENNT haircut and the weird body language. Very convincing. in my opinion all germans look exactly like that. dont worry its ok if i say stuff like that .... after all i am austrian :)
  • Amazing acting, Gripping Story. What Else Do You Need

Absolutely the best sci-fi I am watching right now. Three reasons to watch this show: Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany. Her acting is off the charts in this show. She plays a bunch of clones all with different personalities and nails each one so well that you truly see each character differently with their own personality quirks.

The story is great also. The pacing is done beautifully with each reveal and each twist leaving me guessing. This show is a mystery/drama/scfi all wrapped into one and is a must-watch for any fan of these genres
  • Great show - staff should review

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I love this show!

"Absolutely stunning. Great storyline, superb ambience, Maslany is a great actress. An original approach to the difficult subject of clones"
  • Original, No cloning

This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I started watching it because it was right after Doctor Who but I actually began to want to see it more than I wanted to see Doctor Who...
  • Great show - staff should review

Tim would be a great person to review this show, theres so much going on and its a great show, and its always fun to read his reviews.
  • Fado music in a great show

I just had to note this! In episode 5 in Pouchy's autoshop there's Fado playing in the background. I wonder whose idea that was. I'm enjoying this show better and better...
  • Mysterious, Intense, Suspenful!

I love this show! This is the best show on TV. I love it!