Out of Practice Forums

CBS (ended 2006)

Officially cancelled

AquaTeen33

[1]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 4
    I checked the CBS website and I checked the Fall Line-up and Out of Practice is not returning! They have officially taken Out of Practice off their channel and I'm trying to find the link for the page that said it was cancelled but I lost it so that's all I know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CupCak3

[2]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 2
    Arg this really sucks... each year I seem to get into a new good comedy and it ends up getting cancelled... first Committed and now this

Ooooh how about networks keep pumping out more crap "reality" shows and "talent" shows to keep everyone entertained :

MaddenMad

[3]Aug 30, 2006
    But the thing was committed wasn't funny. The acting wasn't great either but i liked this show but atleast they are finishing it in England

iatrei

[4]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    Wasn't Out of Practice the best of all the new comedies as far as ratings were concerned.  This move makes no sense.  Damn CBS.

babes412

[5]Sep 23, 2006
    OMG this is almost as bad as when theWB canceled Popular! Why does everything with Christoper Gorham get canceled. Seriously guys, he's like cursed or something! odyssey 5, jake 2.0. medical investigations all only lasted one season, popular only lasted 2, and now Out of Practice!! Ok, i don't blame anyone for canceling Jake 2.0 because that was just GOD AWUFLL! but Out of Practice is actually really funny, whitty, clever and well written. and the nerve of CBS canceling a show with THE FONZE AND RIZO in it! Thats just mean! And it was made by the creaters of FRAISER! those are good enough reasons to keep showing it even if it was crap, but the show itself is brilliant! I demand this show be brought back as it's really really good! I am sick and tired of american networks cancelling their best shows and  keeping boring, pointless, predictable crap! Well, at least livingtv in the uk are gonna finish the series. CBS didn't even have the curtasy to do that. I HATE AMERICAN TV NETWORKS!!!! Anyone agree?

Bhavleena91

[6]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 8

I agree. It sucks that all of these shows get cancelled. It's lucky that I don't live in America. It's also lucky that DVD releases are so popular, because it's getting more and more likely that short-lived series can live on through DVDs. Shows like The Comeback, Conviction, Law and Order-Trial By Jury, Joey, Jesse, Popular, Grosse Pointe and Stacked a but a few that have been cancelled after two or less seasons, and have still received DVD releases. Hopefully Out of Practice can get at least that. Then we can see the unaired eps. Crossed fingers everyone!

-James

dumbblonde76

[7]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    i was so disappointed when i heard that out of practice had been cancelled.  tv networks need to give new shows more of a chance.  the first season of cheers had bad reviews, but their network gave the show a chance and it went on to run for eleven seasons!  why can't networks still be like that?

bribiebert

[8]Oct 5, 2006
    Here in Australia  network 10   has just started airing this show     6.30 pm  Saturday nights  -   I just logged on to find out how many episodes  to look forward to  as I liked  the show a lot    and  blow me down   if  it's not   already cancelled  in the US    .....grrr !

AquaTeen33

[9]Oct 12, 2006

I liked this show...

startrekkin

[10]Oct 21, 2006
    I actually thought this show was a lot better than some other comedies that came out mid season.  And it actually got better after each episode.  It had some great potential.

cfisher75

[11]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 1

The remainder of the episodes are now being shown on living TV in the UK

lissie1624

[12]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    i was really upset when i heard this was going off the air.. and i don't think that the new adventures of old christine is better.. i miss this show, and always got a lot of laughs from it..

fbino9

[13]Feb 13, 2007
    Me too. We just finished this show here in Thailand. I loved the show. Just came in here to check if there's a second season but to find out that it's gotten cancelled. Lucky we got to see it all.

ibspun

[14]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    This was a great comedy show with superb actors(Stockard Channing, Henry Winkler). I will miss the show. I'm glad I taped the episodes so I could watch after work. A DVD release would be nice, though

21Lee

[15]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    Does anyone know how many unaired episodes there are? (at least here in the U.S. )