Outback Jack

TBS (ended 2004)

Outback Jack Fan Reviews (1)

6.7
  • A bunch of city girls in the outback. It's a great concept, and was pretty entertaining, though it was only 8 weeks.

7.8
    It's tough to write this review after only watching the show 2+ years ago, so I'll have to at least tell you about the moments that I can still remember. It's very much like The Bachelor, with a twist. 12 city girls head to Los Angeles, expecting to be welcomed at a mansion, but find out that they're really heading to the sticks...the Australian sticks. Still in their ball gowns, (though the dresses are safely tucked in their jump suits), they jump out of a plane to the destination where their hero, Vadim Dale, is waiting. They're made to do everything imaginable that you know a city girl would hate. The ultimate test is to see which one of these ladies could survive the outback, and of course, who could forget the romance? They must also try to win Vadim's affections. Since this show is more than over, I suppose it's all right to mention the winner. At first I didn't like Natalie at all. When she asked Vadim where the outlets were, I rolled my eyes and laughed. I figured she would be one of the firsts to go. I guess opposites really do attract. I still don't know if she meant that as a joke or if she was really serious. Nevertheless, there's nothing like giggling over prom queens in the woods! A decent show, though it's no surprise that it didn't gain more than one season. There's really no way to do a second season of this show.