Outcasts Forums

BBC (ended 2011)

Any News on a Series 2?

chaznet

[1]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 11

I believe the 8th episode was the last of the series 1 -- and with an ending like that I'm hoping they've started on a 2nd. Has anyone heard?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Heather_H

[2]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 35
    chaznet wrote:

I believe the 8th episode was the last of the series 1 -- and with an ending like that I'm hoping they've started on a 2nd. Has anyone heard?

There isn't going to be a second series! It was announced on Twitter (BBCOutcasts) this morning: "No series 2 Outcasts - we're sorry. Thanks so much for all your support over the past three months. Signing off......"

Chaos-Melly

[3]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 8
    Really?! But it seemed to be going so well! I was definitely enjoying it, it was fresh and different!

rugbychick1

[4]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 1

Hardly suprising BBC would rather show standard pap like Eastenders Holby City and Casulty et all. Even Doctor Who has been tamed down to apeall to the non thinking masess with actors that look like they are just out of school.

starfleet76

[5]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 3

There is a facebookpetitionfor a second season, have a look..

Selaspy

[7]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 6
    Yeah and the petition will probably be about as successful as the ones to save SGU, Caprica, V and.... um every other sci fi show.

rugbychick1

[8]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 1

Having looked at a few other Forums It looks like the BBC are sticking to the normal response - You pay our wages But WE are right. YOU are wrong so GTF. Basic standard response from them as I have had from them in the past. Wonder if they EVER had any intension of making a 2nd Series or this was just an excersise to say "Look we tried something other than Soaps but nodody liked it" SHAME ON YOU BBC

chaznet

[9]Mar 25, 2011
    • level: 11
    That's unfortunate, wish they'd brought the story arc to an end -- would've done better for them in the rental & streaming market if they'd told a complete story

dakat69

[10]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 2

Doesn't pay to get vested in tv shows anymore, particularly scifi. I just dvr an entire season of anything new. Then I might or might not watch it depending on whether it survives or has good viewer commendations. If that hurts the ratings I don't care because I'm not part of the system anyway. Too few of us are counted any more so why bother?

ochreangel

[11]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 4

I am bitterly disappointed to hear there will not be a second season I loved it.

kanniballl

[12]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 18

Wow, that stinks.

Here in the US, I've been seeing commercials for it on BBC-America. I figured it was "the new show" from BBC and was hoping to get a couple of seasons out of it at least.

Darn

Hopefully it doesn't end on cliffhangers like Jekyll.

averysays

[13]Jun 17, 2011
    • level: 10

This is ruining television and trivializing culture and creativity in general.

Advertisers are more interested in catering to the masses of idiots that they can hypnotize into buying their cheap crap, so the TV executives are snipping off the "dead weight" quality shows and making the intelligent/discerning viewers go away - since they are a less valuable market.

mattgus

[14]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 14
    here i am getting into it,posting on the forum for canada and usa about reactions like it is a series that is going somewhere and it was canc b/4 they brought it to us in america...what is wrong with them. down right unfair...why would they heavily promote a series that they new was already canc...(well we know why,$$$),but this seems really unkind to get people interested in a new series that never was!!!

haldrey

[15]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 22
    In BBC America they have only shown four episodes and so far the show is pretty lame, episode four being quite bad. I do not see any future to the show. What I hated was all the ho ho in BBC America advertising it as if it were a new show.

mattgus

[16]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 14
    that is right and i did watch it because i record g norton who is on afterward...it ends with a kind of take-over and a new ship just landing as it ends with the religous guy looking ominous. pt is that it ending on a cliffhanger. there was no resolution to anything just the opposite. if you promoted a novel and sold it without an ending it would be illegal. i'm not sure i see the diff...

haldrey

[17]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 22
    It ended in BBC America and probably for good. Had the rest of the series been like the last two episodes maybe it would have had a chance.

Alien42

[18]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 10

mattgus wrote:
    if you promoted a novel and sold it without an ending it would be illegal. i'm not sure i see the diff...

Illegal? How do you figure that? Unless their marketing strategy was based on telling people that it had a really great ending, and if the authorities were able to prove that the publishers [or whoever] deliberately misled the public, investors, etc. Perhaps then they might be on the hook for fraud.