Outcasts

BBC (ended 2011)

TheOldBill

Outcasts Fan Reviews (7)

• Too Dark, No humor

I'm trying to like this show. I want to like it. But it is too dark and has zero comic relief. It's a dangerous camp on an unknown hostile planet. The human race destroyed itself on Earth and this is another chance, but they brought with them representatives of every evil from Earth. The administrative overlord oppresses everyone with a police state 'for their own good'. The religious scumbag grows his flock and bides his time until he can start crucifying people. The rebels are genetic monsters and outcasts from the outcasts camp. And then each character has some dark weight on their souls. It is emotionally oppressive, so much so that it makes me a little sick by the end of the hour. Everyone goes about with furrowed brows and the weight of humanity's future, the dangers of the present, and their own demons bearing them down. Man, I'm about to puke from the oppressive drama, and I need something light to break it up and clear my pallet! I think that I am going to stop watching this show. It is physically harmful to feel this bad for a whole hour.