An Outlander Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on Starz

Starz has announced a premiere date for its time-traveling romance saga Outlander, which is based on the Outlander series of novels by Diana Gabaldon. The Ronald D. Moore-produced drama will make its debut on Saturday, August 9 at 9pm on Starz. 

Outlander tells the tale of a WWII nurse who is somehow transported back to 18th-century Scotland during a time of war in the Highlands. There, she falls for a dashing Scottish warrior and they start a fling. But there's just one problem—she's still married back in the 1900s. Uh-oh! (Psst: You can watch the official trailer here.)

Starz also released the official key art (a.k.a. a poster) from the series, which I've posted below:

How excited are you for Outlander on a scale of 1 to 10,000?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/9/2016

Season 2 : Episode 13

39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
stars doing some great shows like da vinci's demons . hope this is also a great show
Flag
Its Stars, so gotta give it a chance, they did Banshee!!!

Banshee FTW!!!
Flag
Cinemax does Banshee, however Starz did do Spartacus, which was epic, and Da Vinci's Demons, which is also very strong.
Flag
Joan Carter of the Past?

thought it looked good though, so I'll be watching.
Flag
Umm ... not sure who should be advised ... but the countdown on the main show page is wrong, it's currently counting down to July 9th, not August 9th.

Cuz there's more than 61 days between May 8th & August 9th...

Although, I've been waiting so long for this series to start that I wish we were 1 month closer to the premiere date... maybe whoever set the clock on this feels the same way.
Flag
Check again :)

I updated the counter when they announced the August 9-th premiere - and it was uploaded within 24 hours.
Flag
Yeah, I noticed that it was corrected.

Wish it had been right before though, I've been waiting forever for this series to start!
Flag
The previous premiere date was totally coincidental - I had to put something in order to submit the summary.

And I fully understand you - I can't wait for Outlander to start too :)
Flag
Sounds an awful lot like the plot to New Amsterdam and a few other time-travel movies. I'll definitely give it a shot since it's on Starz and I'm a huge fan of their other series (Spartacus & Da Vinci's Demons).
Flag
New Amsterdam was awesome and should have never been cancelled. That being said... Outlander is nothing like it.
Flag
Not 10,000, but 10,000,000. That's how excited I am for this show!
Flag
Looks good
Flag
OMG!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

My excitement level = 10,000 x 10,000 :)

August 9th can't come soon enough!!!
Flag
Series like this make me want to institute a policy of eugenics for the arts!
And to put them to work in the beet fields of MN...

Flag
I will definitely check this out. Sounds very interesting. Has someone here read the books? Are they any good? Should I read them before the series.
Flag
I've read the books, and re-read them several times. I adore them, this book series is one of my all-time favorites.

I tend to prefer reading the source material before watching the adaptation ... and I worked in a bookstore for 3 years about a decade ago ... so I always recommend reading the books.

I will say that I used to recommend this series to people back when I worked at that bookstore, it was always an easy sell because there is something for everyone in these books. Male, female, young old, original English version or even the french translation... it was a rare thing that someone didn't come back to purchase the sequels.

Now I'm off to start re-reading the series in celebration of the premiere date announcement, I've been hearing about how Outlander was going to become a series for years now, and it's finally almost here!!!
Flag
I heard it doesn't follow the books directly.More from around the 3rd book. Don't know if true as I haven't read them myself.
Flag
It's not true.
Flag
The show will follow the books very closely. (think Game of Thrones closely) I highly recommend reading them cause they're awesome - but you can watch the show without knowing them.
Flag
I'll watch it..
Flag
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 I didn't miscount the zeroes it's actually how excited I am about this
Flag
Partly filmed at Doune Castle, home of MP and the Holy Grail. This show has Scottish leads so the accents should be OK. For tears of laughter check out Michael Caine in Kidnapped whose Scottish accent is sublimely bad...
Flag
do you have any clips for this show, please??? Thank you
Flag
You can see all released clips / trailers here
Flag
Links in the trending stories up and right from here
Flag
No doubt it'll find an audience in all the Americans who think they're Scots too - just like Idi Amin.
Flag
I am not much of a chick flick or romance kinda guy but the concept of this intregues me. I'll give a few episodes a watch.
Flag
Yep. If it's anywhere as good as Da Vinci's Demon's it'll be worth watching.
Flag
Not the biggest fan of Da Vinci's Demons, I hope it's more on par with Ronald D Moores previous work.
Flag
A good point. If it's anywhere near BSG it'll be awesome.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members