An Outlander Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on Starz

The new trailer for Starz's Outlander is here, and apparently it's a big thing among certain people. Based on the first book in the seven-part series by Diana Gabaldon, Outlander is a historical romance with a smidgen of science-fiction. It's produced by Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore and follows a British WWII nurse named Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe) who is time-zapped back to 1700s Scotland right in the middle of a war in the Highlands. There, she develops a big ol' crush on a dashing Scottish warrior named Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan). But what about her old life and the man she left behind in the 1940s? And will she ever get home? Or should she just stay in Scotland and swoon over her new boo? Decisions, decisions, decisions! 

In case you're not familiar with the source material, the book was published in 1991 and is wildly popular among folks who like fantasy romance novels, so all eyes are on Outlander to give the tome proper respect. During Starz's session at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour this weekend, Moore said his job is to pick and choose the parts that work for television, and that he's translating the story for the small screen instead of making a word-for-word adaptation. 

Outlander will debut this summer on Starz.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/9/2016

Season 2 : Episode 13

29 Comments
Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I can't wait to finally see the Outlander books in film. What a wonderful idea to make it a TV series. I'm hoping for many seasons. Sam has ended up being perfect as Jamie.
Flag
Sooo excited! I love these books! Hate that you use the term "science-fiction" but looking forward to the show!
Flag
The highlander shouldn't look more raw and not like a calvin klein model?.I haven't read the book yet.
Flag
Well all I can say is Shut Up!!! If you haven't read the Series 7 Books going on 8 then you have nothing to base your comment on!!! For those of us who have read the series multiple times he is perfect! Many of us have met him and he is spectacular!!!! Read the books before you make a comment.
Flag
ok. Now I have. (Only the first one), and yes I STILL think is too pretty.(For a highlander with a though life.)Anyway I like the book ,so I WILL SEE the tv series.
Flag
too pretty?! He's young! Only 20 if my memory serves me right. He's supposed to look like that. This isn't Braveheart! These people might have live a couple 100 years ago, but they were still civilized. They did't live in mud huts made out of peat bricks. They lived in houses and castles. They washed clothes and took baths, maybe once or twice a month, but did stay relatively clean. They weren't barbarians, they just fought hell, not like the idiot British who followed the 'rules of combat'
Flag
when this show comes lets do a

Highlander vs. Outlander

Flag
This isn't a kill em type of show!! It has History Intrigue, Romance..It has been anticipated for 20 years and several scripts have been rejected
Flag
I think I will probably watch this. I haven't read the books, but I know lots of people love them.
Flag
absolutely read the books! you'll fall in love with Jamie! You'll get mad at him! You'll laugh and cry! Seriously! and at times you'll want to whack him upside the head. and at times you'll want to do the same to Claire. Read the books!
Flag
You should absolutely read the books. It's one of the best series I have ever read.
Flag
Looks like it could be okay,though when I heard the name Outlander I was hoping the series would be based on the Jim Caviezel movie...that would have been way cooler.
Flag
So it's made by Starz yet it doesn't seem like their natural fair. Can we expect gory violence and nudity galore or not is basically what I'm getting at.
Flag
Jamie Fraser's motto is "Je suis prest" ("I'm ready").

And believe me he's always ready to release his sexual tension :)

As for gory violence - it's a book about Scots living in XVIII century...
Flag
Have you read the books? There's enough gory violence and nudity and it's actually a natural part of the story.
Flag
I have not, it seems to me I've heard the name but before now I had no idea what it was about.
Flag
Caitriona Balfe looks gorgeous as Claire! - I can't wait to see "Outlander"! :)

I still think Sam Heughan is too old to play Jamie. Jamie supposed to be much younger then Clair.

Also I always prononuced "Beauchamp" like the French do. After all it's a French surname.
Flag
Also, wasn't Jaime only about 5 to 6 years younger? Not that much difference...one can assume he also looks older due to hard living as a Scottish highlander.
Flag
I think Jamie is 22 - 23 years old when the story begins. However, I remember Claire saying he looks really young.
Flag
Yes it is French...however it is stated in the book that it's pronounced the English way of Beecham rather than Beauchamp
Flag
Really? I don't remember that - I had to miss that part of information. I thought everyone suspected that Claire worked for French cause she had French sounding surname.
Flag
Yup...not sure when as it's been a while but she states it sometime during the first book. Maybe when she first goes back in time? I had to constantly remind myself to say Beecham in my mind whenever I came across the name
Flag
Can someone please creat a community for "Outlander"?
Flag
Also the community should be called "Broch Tuarach" :)
Flag
I'm actually optimistic that they'll get this right. This series of books is my absolute favourite but I know they'll have to make changes for tv. The ones I've heard about so far are ok. It's just still such a long time to wait for it.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members