An Outlander Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on Starz

"What if your future was the past?" That's the question posed in the official trailer for Starz's new drama Outlander.

Based on Diana Gabaldon's Outlander novels and adapted for TV by Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore, Outlander follows Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously sent back in time to 1743. She is then forced to marry Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a young Scottish warrior whose sworn enemy is Randall (Tobias Menzies) — and it just so happens that Randall is the ancestor of Claire's husband Frank.

Outlander will premiere this summer on Starz. Are you planning to check it out?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/9/2016

Season 2 : Episode 13

38 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I haven't read the books, but I plan on reading them now and watch the show. This looks so good!
Flag
It all sounded good except I don't find sending a caveman back in time to a more caveman area being that good. perhaps trying to avoid being too much like " Back to the Future " but for me the 1945 era fails. Should have been more modern.
Flag
Cavemen???
Flag
It was a steep exaggeration. As I said in the post they are sending her back from the modern era of 1945... It might as well be the stone age... She be like in the future where I come from we have ... OH the same stuff you have. I just don't see the time differences that great.
Flag
i will certainly give Ronald D. Moore another chance... because after Helix... disappointed much?
Flag
I got as far as "adapted for TV by Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore" and realised there was absolutely no reason for me to watch the show.
Flag
It's too bad you feel that way because the story is great, the actors are really talented and Ron & company are being super faithful to the novels because his wife and producing partner are both fans of the novels. They've done immense outreach with the fans, have worked closely with the author, Diana Gabaldon, taken great steps to provide authenticity... Folks compare it to Game of Thrones, but it's going to be much different because it takes place in our world. It's easier to become invested in a story when you can read about the places where it's set and then actually go there.
Flag
It's actually more historical fiction than sci-fi. I love his/fic and this one is done so well, every detail seems authentic and I'm sure the show will honor that. You come to care so much about the characters and hope Claire and Jamie stay/get back together (depending on where you are in the books.) It also has violence, love, compassion and a little purported witchcraft thrown in. I for one can't wait.
Flag
Well, I'd much rather hope for another followup to Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, but this seems like it should be a pretty fun romp into the past all the same.
Flag
Started reading the original novel and am finding it quite boring. May check this show out anyway.
Flag
Remember, the first novel was written by Diana Gabaldon before she even knew what she was doing. It does start a little slowly, but picks up and the rest of the series continues to gallop along. The tv series will fill in some gaps and provide a different viewpoint for the action in the novel, so is definitely worth a view.
Flag
it seems an interesting premise. this is time travel(1945-1734), my question is:
Is a timespace travel, or she goes back to the same place?
Flag
Am not sure why they say its sci-fi! It doesnt have any science to it probably a hallucination or a dream. Taking a pass on this one.
Flag
Spoilers:

It's not hallucination or a dream. Claire (the Outlander's protagonist) actually travels through time thanks to druids stone circle and she does it more then once. It's a great story. I highly recommend both the books and the show.
Flag
Yeah you're right, it's not sci-fi. It's historical fiction, with a little supernatural fantasy thrown in, think Vikings.
Flag
Am not sure why they say its sci-fi!

Good point, tryptz.my guess they call it sci-fi 'cause Fantasy has kill dead, buried, and forgotten
Flag
In the first novel, Claire and her husband Frank are in Scotland on a 2nd honeymoon. She ends up back in Scotland in 1743.
Flag
She goes back to the same place.
Flag
I have hope. I am on Book 2 and I can't wait for the show..generally I know that great books don't translate to great shows, but I have hope for this one.
Flag
I agree- primarily because Ron's wife (Terry, the Costume Designer) is a fan, as is his production partner, Maril Davis. What they've shared with the fans shows that they are being incredibly faithful both to the novel and to the various time periods in which it's set. Ron said at one of the fan gatherings that they had someone go through the entire novel and pull out every piece of dialogue so that they could use it in the scripts. That's pretty powerful.
Flag
I haven't read the books but Outlander might be/is the new show I' m looking forward the most since the very 1st trailer of it I've seen ... months ago
Flag
If by any chance you're not in US - you can see the new trailer in Welcome to Lallybroch :)
Flag
This looks good!!!! I will watch the first couple episodes.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members