Outsourced Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Famine

AveryYates

[1]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 2

In a country where famine is a real problem , am I the only one finding it somewhat distasteful them showing a westerner throwing away a full tray of food?

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx268/Avery_yates/Disgrace.jpg

(links get stripped aparently , sorry for the trouble of haing to cut and paste)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gunnertilldeath

[2]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 4

It's not that big a deal really. Although famine has always been a problem in parts on the country which are overly dependent on the monsoons for irrigation, the govt. has sufficient stockpiled food grains to deal with the issue but it simply doesn't, hence, making it a political issue. And that's something which I and many others have learned not to waste their time on. PS - I'm an Indian, living in India.

AveryYates

[3]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 2
    I could not care less about politics , the jokes relating to cows , castes and other typical controversial parts of the show that are being put in a humoristic light are all done tastefuly . All locations and politics put aside ... does something like this look like an oversight from the director , or does it fit better in the story to be throwing a full tray of -lets face it- untouched food in the thrash. My discussion being , are we at a point in our society where doing that is no longer frowned upon.

This was in no way meant to be a political discussion , I was merely asking you viewers if that particular scene made you all think.

Kind regards.