Outsourced Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

Ignorance at its best

serene004

[1]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 3

The show has it's moments, as all comedy shows do, but with the overall ignorance portrayed, this show won't go on for much longer. The whole concept of love / arranged marraige that is stretched isn't really so "new," especially with innumerable dating sites emerging worldwide, or parents/family trying to hook up someone isn't unheard of either. Any new/foreign culture can give a person cultural shock, that's expected, and some jokes are outright funny; it does show the differences in both cultures but the outdated and cliched jokes present an incomplete and at times offensive outlook. That being said, the show has great potential if it can shift the focus from the Todd/Asha storyline and get a good climax, good competition....there are so many great storylines that can be used, and if they're not used soon, Outsourced will become outdated, very soon.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pamhalpert

[2]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    serene004 wrote:

The show has it's moments, as all comedy shows do, but with the overall ignorance portrayed, this show won't go on for much longer. The whole concept of love / arranged marraige that is stretched isn't really so "new," especially with innumerable dating sites emerging worldwide, or parents/family trying to hook up someone isn't unheard of either. Any new/foreign culture can give a person cultural shock, that's expected, and some jokes are outright funny; it does show the differences in both cultures but the outdated and cliched jokes present an incomplete and at times offensive outlook. That being said, the show has great potential if it can shift the focus from the Todd/Asha storyline and get a good climax, good competition....there are so many great storylines that can be used, and if they're not used soon, Outsourced will become outdated, very soon.

I happen to LOVE the Todd/Asha storyline, and Did You Hear...NBC picked it up for the entire season, 22 Episodes!!! I guess your psychic powers are a little rusty

SoLiOZuZ

[3]Feb 21, 2011
    • level: 10

pamhalpert wrote:
    I happen to LOVE the Todd/Asha storyline, and Did You Hear...NBC picked it up for the entire season, 22 Episodes!!! I guess your psychic powers are a little rusty

I have to agree w/you here, people need to give this show a chance. It maybe ignorant, but all knowledge stems from ignorance and while the show may have its faults I believe it's a good way to educate the broader America about the Indian culture.

pamhalpert

[4]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 14
    SoLiOZuZ wrote:

pamhalpert wrote:

I have to agree w/you here, people need to give this show a chance. It maybe ignorant, but all knowledge stems from ignorance and while the show may have its faults I believe it's a good way to educate the broader America about the Indian culture.

I agree.