Outsourced Forums

NBC (ended 2011)

R.I.P Outsourced

pamhalpert

[1]May 14, 2011
    • level: 14

Nbc has confirmed that they pulled the plug on our beloved comedy. Outsourced was the 2nd highest rated show on NBC when it was in the 9pm time slot, but ratings went south when it went to 10:30pm. Great move NBC; you single handedly killed the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EvanWilder

[2]May 14, 2011
    • level: 7

NBC has a way of screwing things up. They are considering renewing that horrid "Perfect Couples" show. Ugh! Has "Comedy Night Done Right" gone down the sewer tubes?

karlmeszaros

[3]May 14, 2011
    • level: 106
    NBC does make curious programming decisions, to say the least. I enjoyed the show, but then I guess I wouldn't be editing the guide if I didn't! I liked that it showed Americans (and Canadians) a different culture. I researched the various religious ceremonies and holidays that were portrayed and they were very accurate. I think it's good to learn about different cultures and faith traditions because the more we understand each other, the more we realize we're not all that different and hopefully we will all get along better. "Comedy Night Done Right" does seem to be a thing from the past.

EmeraldFrog79

[4]May 14, 2011
    • level: 1
    This is the most depressing news I've heard all day
    Sadly, I find it as no surprise. Since the show first premiered I always was worried that it might not make it. It takes a special audience to fully appreciate Outsourced.

Way to go NBC! Apparently anything innovative and unique never makes it past one season anymore....

My fiance(who is Indian) and I always enjoyed watching the show together. He's going to be so disappointed when I tell him the show's been canceled.

keat12345

[5]May 15, 2011
    • level: 8

Damn you NBCCorporateWhores! If your trying to be FOX by cancelling your best shows in their prime then congrats! If not, hang your heads in shame!

neo979

[6]May 15, 2011
    • level: 6
    Yeah, it's almost like "My Name Is Earl" all over again. NBC is horrible.

I guess I'll just have to rent the movie Outsourced was based on.

selkiewriter

[7]May 18, 2011
    • level: 3

So bummed when I heard this! I really liked this show because it was so different from all the other comedies on tv. It really made me want to learn more about India. But NBC killed it by moving it to 10:30. At least there's still Community to make me laugh.

jenna_w6669

[8]May 18, 2011
    • level: 2

What is up with you NBC big guys! I can not believe you are canceling outsourced!!! What is wrong with you guys? That is the only funny show on Thursdays in your line up1 for myself and hundreds of my FB and Twitter friends, We are Boycotting NBC till you come to your senses!!! first now the event and outsourced? all my FB and Twitter friends have had enough, you do not care what alot of us want to watch so bye NBC!!!!

djboy77

[9]May 19, 2011

Poo.

Milli

[10]May 19, 2011

jenna_w6669 wrote:

What is up with you NBC big guys! I can not believe you are canceling outsourced!!! We are Boycotting NBC till you come to your senses!!!

I am with you jenna_w6669 and lets take it a bit further, boycott all television. Look at all the some of the shows that have been cancelled; Off the Map, Outsourced, Breaking In (after only a 7 episode season), Chaos (after only 3 episodes), Stargate Universe (And the second season was actually quite good). And there are still a slew of great shows that are on the might be cancelled stack yet shows like American Idol, Survivor, Dancing With the Stars, The Simpsons have been around WAY too long, at least in my opinion. Don't get me wrong they were good shows for the first two seasons but eventually a repetitive theme and a dwindling of actual talent in some of the shows make them shows that should just go away. The money spent on shows like these should be reallocated to give a chance to new shows that show promise but that is never going to happen because the executives running these stations are money and rating whores!!!

Edited on 05/19/2011 7:01am

Chriscage

[11]May 19, 2011
    • level: 3
    And we get....wait for it.............."Whitney" as a replacement?! Outsourced was an awesome show and I was saddened to hear about this original and quirky program being shown the door! The ratings weren't all that bad, and to add insult, NBC gives us an entire season to settle into before pulling the plug. Way to go!

Wast0id

[12]May 19, 2011
    • level: 6

Weak, just weak NBC. I would more angry about this if I hadn't expected it to happen for awhile now. I had hoped that it wouldn't happen, but ...

Sigilist

[13]May 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    I don't like to succumb to anything close to a conspiracy theory, but let's just think about it...

Any corporation with a semi profitable product does not take it off the main aisle to shove it in the back of the story unless something is up behind the scene in the stockroom of the corporate office off site. I know we've seen some really stupid people in corporate society only in it for the big bucks, but let's get serious. Like some strange cancellations of the past, this one is starting to smell like hidden rotting produce.

DSS77

[14]May 29, 2011
    • level: 2

What's the song in Episode Rajiv Ties The Baraat Part 2. (17.30 at 19.10)